Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree13Likes

RCLAB 7even Cars.

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2002, 04:26 AM
Tech Adept

ohhhh, i see what you mean, i will run somebody to see whats goin on, then ill tell ya, but for now what would you think i should go down to?, right now it feelslike a mod motor, but who knows.

holla,
nate
Old 12-16-2002, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hello Boys...

As I had promise to show some pics..check them out.

Old 12-16-2002, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

very nice chrisman. i'm always jealous of your camera's quality. but what's the advantage? just it's versatility? is it something that is geared toward recreational users? looks heavier that way and produces a larger moment of inertia in stick configuration. i guess it may give weight distribution options though. i dunno, i'll be keeping with mine, as i'm fairly broke anyway. we'll see.

nate - i run 96/33 = 2.91 so you'd need 128/2.91 = 44 teeth to run what i am. try 40-44 and check your motor temp after a solid 5 min run. it should be very warm, but not so much that you can't hold it. if it is, your pinion is too large. i think you have some room though. let me know what you find out. i've always thought i was geared correctly by watching, but lap times proved otherwise! later .
Old 12-16-2002, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Hello Seaball,

Yes, you are probably right about having the stick pack config.It's probably going to be trageted to the entry level racers with a different type of chassis,like frp(cost),plastic bulk heads,motor mounts,....who knows.The good thing about this ,is when there's an endurance race,this would work really well.I ran the very first enduro race but with custom built mountings for stick..before this was invented.. it was difficult.It was a blast.The mountings broke thoug....

The lower chassis has changes to where the saddle packs sits.It's actually towards the rear by approx 2mm and the battery slots are made for the battery trays which just sits in without shaving any material off.

My new car is coming along slowly.I want everthing to be smooth and there's going to be a change in my set ups .Stay tuned for more pics. I know you like my Cam ..qualitypics..Hee!!hee!!..
Old 12-16-2002, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

yeah chris,
i can't wait to see your newest. i'm sure it'll be pretty. that's half the fun is wrenching, and even more so, cutting and customizing for function. don't keep us waiting too long now. i still have yet to post that pic of my experiment. it's on my roomate's pc and he's got his own login. damn windows xp! later boys.
Old 12-17-2002, 06:49 AM
Tech Regular

Hi there,
Looks good there Chrisman, hope to see you and that new setup at the track.
As for my last race result, it was fairly good, was not able to take pics though, I promise next time so you guys can see how our track here looks like. Now for the result, I did take TQ with 2 laps ahead of the second and third car. You were right seaball about the 17/35 gearing, 'twas awesome!. During the mains I was able to take about half a lap ahead of the rest of the pack, but with 1 minute to go I hit a dot on the exit just befor the straight and went flying into the board, WHAM!, the car was still good but it won't move, so I had to shout at the turn marshall to turn on and off the esc and that fixed it, but the first and second car was already a lap ahead of me so I had to battle and settle for third. Oh well, I am still happy with the outcome. BTW - any of you experinced this with your ESC where it would just shut down the motor with just a slight mishap? the only thing I changed was the crystal so I am thinking that the crystal is busted, I'm using the new GT7, any thoughts? let me know, later guys.
Old 12-17-2002, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Speedo.....

call me...when is the next race.Pick me up..Plan a trip.

Guys,

The pics that I have shown in this forum on the chassis,please don't take it as the new version of the car in production.This is just a proto type towards the making of newer and better parts for the days to come.I don't want to confused anyone.Any questions just ask.Thanks..
Old 12-18-2002, 12:51 PM
Tech Adept

hey guys,

chrisman- that new battery configuration is cool, but i will have to go with seaball on this, no enought $$$.
Seaball- on the gearing i will tryt thos gears, r u running 64p? do u still have a good amount of torque? thanks for the input on this subject, im still learning, as i am only in 8th grade, and still learning............

holla
nate
Old 12-18-2002, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

hey nate,
tons of torque. i really like this motor. so much so that i bought two more of them! gear up dude! i'm running 48 pitch, but it really doesn't matter. it's just the ratio of teeth on the spur to teeth on the pinion. so even though my pinion has only say 33 teeth, my spur only has 96. ya'know? like i said, to be comparable in 64 pitch, you'd need a 44 or so to go with your 128. start with a 40 or 42 and go up if you're still running cool. it's alway tough to gear if you aren't on a track. just don't let that motor get scorching. it ruins the brushes, and weakens the magnets.
later dude.
Old 12-19-2002, 03:04 PM
Tech Adept

thanks seaball

you got a good point about having no track, it is hard, 40-42 sounds good, i will try to get some this weekend

thanks again,
nate
Old 12-24-2002, 12:33 AM
Tech Elite

Default finally!

old news now.
Attached Thumbnails RCLAB 7even Cars.-link.jpg  
Old 12-24-2002, 12:36 AM
Tech Elite

why not another?
Old 12-24-2002, 12:37 AM
Tech Elite

oops. xpress outdrives. nice-n-light. they seem to wear well too even without blades.
Attached Thumbnails RCLAB 7even Cars.-link2.jpg  

Last edited by seaball; 12-24-2002 at 12:43 AM.
Old 12-24-2002, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Seasons Greetings to all the lap drivers.....
Have a Merry X-mas and A Happy NEw Year......Keep up the good racing.Next year I know it's going to get better.Cheers!!...
Old 12-24-2002, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

word! happy holidays you freaks. let 's bring some life to this thread this year. have a safe and happy holiday.
cheers,
chris.

Last edited by seaball; 12-24-2002 at 03:03 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.