Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree13Likes

RCLAB 7even Cars.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2003, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

nate. awesome! the car looks great. i see you went with the bulkhead camber link mount. just looks so nice that way. what are you running... a core stock? oh, and the trc foams are a nice touch. i think maybe you and i are the first people to ever mount foams on this car. maybe not, but it's not too popular outside of the states. well, keep em coming nate. i've got to go and get a usb port so that i can saturate this thread with MY pictures. well done nate. now you gotta take out the local guys with it at the track!

chrisman! you are the man.
thanks.
Old 01-12-2003, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

btw - where is everyone? we have three guys keeping this thread going. stevem, labdriver, ftd racing among others? any new news?

i there another forum out there that has a more active 7even thread?
Old 01-12-2003, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Don't know where everyone is...or what they doing..I know the older lap drivers had givin up racing them.....they either had 414 or TC3.The others just hybernating on their shelves.

It's doing quite well for some of the racers aboard. we are the last breed here and hoping to get some more racers to carry on.I know I;ll be here..... keep in coming..pics ,info,questions,parts....what ever...

BTW...have anyone found a 14 teeth center shaft pulley that would fit the center shft?.Playing with gear ratios on this puppy...working good.
Old 01-12-2003, 02:14 PM
Tech Adept

I'm still running the Lab for Asphalt racing, I use my TC3 for Carpet. Haven't driven it in awhile, and I'm the only Lab driver at my track. BTW does anyone know where in the US or Canada I can get the 17/37 pulley conversion? I know I can get it in the UK but I'd rather not deal across the atlantic.
Old 01-12-2003, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

I guess here in North America,has none..... Don't know if USA RCLAB be getting any in.Yes,UK has them but it's far...across the Oceans........... they really have some goodies for this puppy.
Old 01-12-2003, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

indeed they do. i still want the alum hexes i saw on one of the lab sites. well, since i've been talking alot about my recent manufacturing so to speak, i thought i'd get those pics up. got the usb port working just fine. get ready. now i need not any assistance in posting pics.

here's my pride... the spool.
Attached Thumbnails RCLAB 7even Cars.-spool.jpg  
Old 01-12-2003, 10:17 PM
Tech Elite

and of course, the diff seals that will hopefully keep me from further complaints!

sticker on one side.
and an oring on the other.
Attached Thumbnails RCLAB 7even Cars.-diff-pulley.jpg  
Old 01-12-2003, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

a new bumper made of polycarbonate. this is actually the second one of this material. i had made a double deck style with a foam sandwich like the carbon plate i was running. it worked flawless last week, but this one pictured is 20 grams lighter and lower cg. we'll see what happens on thursday night.
Attached Thumbnails RCLAB 7even Cars.-bumper.jpg  
Old 01-12-2003, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

a new one...just for kicks...
i got in a groove the other day in my basement and had some nylon rods laying around so....
in comes my latest hudy rip off.

unbelievable that w/o any weights my car was within a few grams l/r.

and now it's at 1335g w/o body using foams. down 45g from last week due to alum screws (20g) and the new bumper (20g). i know...the math is off, but they both combine for a total of 45 so i dunno which one is the bigger contributer.
Attached Thumbnails RCLAB 7even Cars.-balance.jpg  
Old 01-12-2003, 11:16 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Nice work......is that a trinity motor lathe??... I got the same blue one.... I guess we be seeing more pics.... where's the body?.... keep on coming
Old 01-13-2003, 12:41 AM
Tech Elite

what a surprise...we have same lathe! that's funny what next? yeah...notice i've not shown a body yet. i'm painting up a 300m sometime this week. i've already got it in my head. hopefully it comes out decent. and for god sakes...no flames! i hate flames. i think i'll make it say that at the bottom of all of my posts from now on.

later. i start school tomorrow, so i'd better be off. yup, eternal student.
Old 01-13-2003, 12:47 AM
Tech Elite

testing
Old 01-13-2003, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

hows it going dudes, im a new lab driver, i've been trying to catch up on all the stuff in this thread, im upto page 13, anyway its all good stuff, its good to hear from so many other lab drivers, here in australia there are only about 4 or 5 of us, that i know of anyway, and we're pushing to get them known, cos no one knows what they are over here, so we're hoping for a few big results this year to get things moving, keep all the good info coming, at the moment, i run stock, i have the delrin diffs all round, have only run one meeting, but the car was straight on the pace, and with the addition of rear roll bar and some diferent springs, i think i can get it aggressive enough, oh yeah, im also new to on-road, been an off roader for 8 years, now have made the switch, talk to u guys soon, take it easy, cya
Old 01-13-2003, 01:37 PM
Tech Adept

thanks for the compliments guys

i have a pic of the rear so i guess ill post it! NOFX hows it goin?
what kind of motor setup do you have? we all would like to know whats in your car and how we could help you make it better.

The motor is a ghetto speed gems from my stampede its a 12Turn so why not, actually i have a 10turn P-94Double, too crazy for me right now.

Seaball, nice stuff, watch out,we got a craftsman on our hands guys!, whats that spool doin for your car?
anyways heres the rear, tell me if yall want more, i got a DIGI cam!!!!!!!WOO HOO
here is the pic
Attached Thumbnails RCLAB 7even Cars.-nate-rc-car-2.jpg  

Last edited by RSX Type 7even; 01-13-2003 at 01:42 PM.
Old 01-13-2003, 02:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Well guys hope you had a good Xmas and New Year.

Seaball – plan on making any more fix diff out drives? Would be interested if you were.

RSX – Car looks good. Have you run the car outside with the rear suspension set up like in the Photo? How was it?

Nofx – Welcome aboard. You won’t regret your purchase. It’s one of the best cars I have ever driven.

Chrisman – Tried the camber links to the chassis this weekend. Could not get to grips with it, back end a bit loose. May have been the frost on the track. Set my best qualifying time of the day with kit rear but longer front, chassis to normal ball stud.

Well Raced Sunday. Frost on the track made it interesting. I went out on wets but some people went out on Sorex 20r slicks and their car looked planted. End up qualifying 2nd in the A in stock. Pulled a ten metre lead in the final only to be caught on a track start to freeze again. Got hit hard while recovering and had interference from then on. Will have to look and see if anything was knocked loose. Pulled out after 5 laps to hard to drive.

My fellow Lab driver Remo has been in Vegas for the last week. Went to the lhs to see if there was any racing on only to be told that they don’t race in the winter. It was 20 degrees, that’s like a summer to us over here in England. What are they like.

Well going to take my car apart – clean it all and make sure that everything is ok.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.