Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree178Likes

Kannapolis Raceway Park

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 2.14 average.

Old 02-10-2018, 08:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Ok! That sounds great
Old 02-11-2018, 06:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

If you wanted to you could run your VTA car in both classes without changing anything. There would be faster cars but you double your track time for less than double your entry money since the second class is cheaper.
NutDriver and Mrcaldwell704 like this.
Old 02-11-2018, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

Because it only takes approximately 45 seconds to convert the track from the road course to the oval we will make the third class this event our local oval favorite
"ice cars" or what we will be calling them, "late models". We will not adhere to the late model bodies this time since it has been quite a while since we ran them. Any of the Traxxas or McAllister bodies that fit the chassis will be allowed. As we get into it we will require different bodies at different times to make it a multi body single chassis class. Late models, street stocks or bombers. McAllister makes both the Batesville and Greenville late model bodies as well as Camaro and Mustang bodies for use as street stocks and both a 55 Chevy and a 56 Ford for the bomber class. Everything on the chassis remains the same. There are still the Traxxas Mustang and Rally bodies that will be factored in. If you can find one as well as the 1/16 Protoform Camaro which is also very scarce.

This addition will then make the three classes for the 16th's race VTA, Carolina Hot Rod and our local 1/16 oval late models.

Starting time will be as it was for the last event. Track opens at 10 with first race starting as close to 11:30 as possible with the goal of finishing by 4. Again, there will be transponders for sale or rental. Though the week ahead looks a tad iffy weather wise Saturday should be in the mid 50's. We will keep watch on the weather and report accordingly throughout the week.

Stay tuned.
NutDriver and Mrcaldwell704 like this.
Old 02-13-2018, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Made it over to the track this afternoon to put up a couple more advertising banners. We are doing pretty well due to my partners efforts and the fact that he knows nearly everyone in two Counties. We have recovered right at a third of the investment which really raises my spirits. On another note, today the grounds had the consistency of quasi congealed Jello pudding. We are hopeful that it will improve some by the weekend. The track was really clean though. Seems the rain does us favor on one hand and then takes it back when the run off meets the edge of the pavement. We are watching the weather forecast for the weekend which now shows a turn for the worse instead of better for Saturday. We will keep everyone posted here and on the social media side so don't give up yet. I'm not.

Stay tuned.
NutDriver and rusch49 like this.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:06 AM
Tech Initiate

As far as race scheduling? I know with the way the weather has been the last few weeks it is hard to say when we will get to race next. Is it going to be an every other weekend schedule or will it be a first and last of the month schedule? Of course like I said mother nature here recently doesn't seem to want to let us run at all.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

We set up the schedule for every other Saturday to correspond with my partner's off weekends. It's too much for either of us to do it alone so every other is the way it has to be. At least for the first year anyway. As we learn to do this it will get easier and then we will see how it goes.

Ah, yes. The Weather. Yesterday, today and tomorrow have definitely been your basic "Chamber of Commerce" weather days. Staring tomorrow(Friday) evening it is scheduled to turn to sh1t and get progressively worse through Saturday. I'm not calling it yet. It is a forecast. I have been looking around and haven't found the stone it is carved in so I'm not giving up. Yet. I will make an official call about this time tomorrow here which will be the official call out but for those of you that have to have your hourly(or more) dose of social media check there as well.

When we started this it was to be an option for those to get two different races in on a weekend if they wanted so we chose Saturday to leave Sundays for Bush River and Ho-B-Max. I am not ready to shift to Sunday even for a rain date though it is something that should be discussed. So, any of our followers that have something constructive to add to the discussion, lets have it.

Everybody watch the weather and as always, stay tuned.
Old 02-15-2018, 08:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

How about a test and tune day Sunday? Need to shake down the new car. Not as much fun racing without a chance to practice a bit.
Old 02-16-2018, 04:24 AM
Tech Master

That could be a possibility. For a proper test and tune, what would your needs be? Simply track access? Since this is a commercial operation what would you be willing to pay and for how long? Say $10 from 11 to 2?

This is good input which brings up the oft unasked questions that people have. Keep it coming. Please.
bigwavedave33 likes this.
Old 02-16-2018, 02:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Yes that would be nice, I would pay the $10
Old 02-16-2018, 03:34 PM
Tech Initiate

I would certainly pay $10 for test-N-tune, unfortunately Sundays aren't good for me.
Old 02-16-2018, 03:48 PM
Tech Master

First lets fry the fish at hand. Sorry I'm late with the report on tomorrow but sh1t happens. We were at the track this afternoon when the bottom fell out and temperature dropped 15 degrees. Based on that I'm calling it. Right now at 6:45 everything looks good again so I'm not sure what to do. I haven't been able to see a radar report so I can't tell which way it is going. I do know that there is an 80% chance for 40's and rain tomorrow. So officially I am saying to those that are certain to come, Check this forum at 7:00AM and I will give a final decision. February weather in North Carolina is a crap shoot. Sorry guys.

Stay tuned. I will be back in a little bit to talk about test and tune times and requirements. Thanks
Old 02-16-2018, 03:55 PM
Tech Initiate

10-4!
Old 02-16-2018, 04:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Most tracks I've ever been to have always charged $5 for all day practice. Speed RC was the first time I've paid $10, but it is a world class facility with the lap counting system announcing laps all day.. It's up to you guys, I understand the need to recoup your investment.. typically half of race fee is standard.. so maybe a fair compromise is $7-$8? Just my $.02
Old 02-16-2018, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

OK. Back to test and tune needs and or requirements. We got that $10 is not out of line for three plus hours of track time. Got that Saturday would be better than Sunday. I concur on that. What about timing and scoring? I know one racer that wants to know what every lap is but is it really necessary for shakedown runs? Maybe for comparisons and it might give me an opportunity to get better connected with the system. There is the concern with lack of electricity but it is manageable. I was just a Phillips screwdriver away from being ale to check the cable size at the nearest junction box. Tomorrow the ground will be wetter again and as I have mentioned, Homey ain't messing with electricity and wet ground but it will be soon. Did get a figure on 20 tons of gravel today and it wasn't that bad. I digress, back to testing.

With the points I have mentioned can anybody see anything else that might be needed for a successful testing day? Let's get it out and we will see if we can put something together.

By the way, radar doesn't look promising starting by eight and then not changing much all day. Check back at seven in the morning.
Old 02-16-2018, 05:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Thank you for the weather updates Mike. I just got off work and its 8:00. I was not really prepared for tomorrow so if it is canceled then that will be good for me to have a couple more weeks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 2.14 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.