Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho Evolva

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2004, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Front belt problems?

Originally posted by my2cents
So even the Evolva is not immune to the front belt/small 16 pulley problem? Too much power on these 1/8 scale cars is revealing the weakness that may cause me to just go back to 1/10 scale sedans. It's more fun to be running than fixing belt problems in the pits. What's worse is you know you'll be breaking it again and again.
Old 09-03-2004, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Front belt problems?

Originally posted by my2cents
So even the Evolva is not immune to the front belt/small 16 pulley problem? Too much power on these 1/8 scale cars is revealing the weakness that may cause me to just go back to 1/10 scale sedans. It's more fun to be running than fixing belt problems in the pits. What's worse is you know you'll be breaking it again and again.
I've actually only had problems with the stock belt on really bumpy tracks. With the SP belts I get quite a few runs on them before they need replacing.
Old 09-04-2004, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

manokkgt4: What is Takagi belt? It is meant for Evolva? Anyhow i managed to fit Serpent rear belt to my Evolva, but it needs some trimming down of width to fit the pulley. It didn't fit that well because its a bit long so i changed the front pulley to 17t. I tested it yesterday and so far it worked. Hopefully it can hold during the race today.

raceblast: Thanks for the link. I will try to order from them.

Thanks!
Old 09-05-2004, 09:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by dameetz
manokkgt4: What is Takagi belt? It is meant for Evolva?

yes its for evolva its an optional belt which is a bit wider than the sp and the stock belt ... but its smoother than both of them ... and this belt will last longer too
Old 09-07-2004, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

OK, where can I get this Takagi belts? Is there site i can order from? Preferbly the one can do interntional order, I m from South East Asia btw. Also do they do side and rear belts too.
Old 09-07-2004, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Default steering ackerman

What steering ackerman are you guys using? I m using stock set up and using no12. If I need more steering during medium speed 180 turn which one should I use?

Has anyone use the optional brake disk and pad from Kyosho? How is the performance? During the race last weekend, I noticed that the Mugen guys here who use teflon pad, were braking more consistant.
Old 09-07-2004, 11:53 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by dameetz
OK, where can I get this Takagi belts? Is there site i can order from? Preferbly the one can do interntional order, I m from South East Asia btw. Also do they do side and rear belts too.
yup they have it ... i have a friend who sells in ebay il ask him to post here in the thread if he has some belts for sale ...
Old 09-14-2004, 10:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Has anyone had a problem with the evolva shocks whereby the small clip, that holds the 2 clear rings and single white washer at the bottom of the shock in place, just pops off when the shock is pressed?
Maybe its something Im doing wrong so I would appreciate if anyone else has had this problem.
Old 09-14-2004, 10:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Clubman
Has anyone had a problem with the evolva shocks whereby the small clip, that holds the 2 clear rings and single white washer at the bottom of the shock in place, just pops off when the shock is pressed?
Maybe its something Im doing wrong so I would appreciate if anyone else has had this problem.
yup happend to once but i found out that the gruv where the clip sinks in is to shallow so i just got a dental pick and made the gruv abit deeper it solved that problem and it never poped out again... good luck
Old 09-14-2004, 10:31 AM
Tech Initiate

BIBOY,

Thanks for that. I was thinking that the groove didn't luck that deep at all. I'll give it a try,

Clubman
Old 09-14-2004, 10:43 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Clubman
BIBOY,

Thanks for that. I was thinking that the groove didn't luck that deep at all. I'll give it a try,

Clubman
no prob ... good luck and have fun!!
Old 09-15-2004, 01:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Can someone give me the part numbers for the blue pivot ball retainers and those plastic cups that go between the pivot ball and retainer?

Thank You
Old 09-15-2004, 01:59 PM
Tech Regular

Default Evolva parts

If your talking about the Ball screws, the parts your looking for are on the FM509 small parts set and FM338BL screw caps.
Old 09-15-2004, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

Thank you Kurly.

Where can I get the caps? I can't find them on Tower and I think Delta is out.
Old 09-17-2004, 07:20 PM
Tech Adept

Default damper leaks oil

Have u guys ever had problems with Evolva shock oil leak? I think the leak is at the bottom of the shocks, because the top caps are dry. I readjusted the shocks two weeks ago, and the car was put on a car stand so that the wheels were hanging free. While setting up the car today, I find that the shocks does not rebound much, and oil is everywhere. I never have this kind of oil leak with my NTC3 or Serpernt 835.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.