Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 08:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

got the new chassis on. got all the 10g wires soldered on too. ill let you all know how this heat sink and fan do for temps. i also switched to the new HA shock bodies, the aluminum caps and adjusters went on perfectly and the shocks feel so much smoother. only defect i found on the chassis was where its milled out for the spur gear there is a little hole in the bottom of it from counter sinking a screw on the underside.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by porkchop
the pin sizes are differnt sir.
get the center ones
If the driveshaft popped out of the front outdrive, why would I get the center kit? I'm confused
Old 12-30-2011, 08:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi guys, got me SCTE for Christmas , now I have read that you should shim the diff in order to stop it form clicking and stuff, I ordered this ones: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...etric-Shim-Set

But I now know that one are to move to shim the pinion gear, I want the ones that are to shim the crown gear, I mean to move it closer to the pinnion gear to reduce the slop, I'm a little confused with the size, does anybody now what is the part number or the correct size of them?

This shims work? http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Shims-8IGHT-20
Old 12-30-2011, 09:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Mino
Hi guys, got me SCTE for Christmas , now I have read that you should shim the diff in order to stop it form clicking and stuff, I ordered this ones: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...etric-Shim-Set

This shims work? http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Shims-8IGHT-20
Honestly all of that isn't necessary. The kits off the shelves are good to go.
Clicking? SC104x4? Losi's dont click lol.
"Diffs are fine"

Last edited by Feint Motion; 12-30-2011 at 11:32 PM.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oasis
Just got this, put a few hop ups on it and I'm ready to race..2012 is going to be a great race year..
]
Bout time Oasis ,we have been waiting for you LOL..
Old 12-31-2011, 06:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jon Carlson
Did he say to run the aluminum one or the plastic one? I'm planning to get the BCE this spring and was planning on the plastic brace from the RTR RC8.
Bill recommends that or the oem plastic brace, nothing aluminum. I just asked him a couple days ago when I ordered mine.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Does anyone know the size of shim needed for the diffs pinion gear? Or the larger gear? Not the internal diff-action gears. I've searched this thread and couldn't find anything, thanks.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
Honestly all of that isn't necessary. The kits off the shelves are good to go.
Clicking? SC104x4? Losi's dont click lol.
"Diffs are fine"
My rear diff clicks when I slam on the brake and the losi manual doesn't show what size shim is needed nor does the first page of this thread. Its getting time to rebuild the diffs anyway, but if anyone knows the size of shim for the pinion or larger gear I would really appreciate it.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mattnin
My rear diff clicks when I slam on the brake and the losi manual doesn't show what size shim is needed nor does the first page of this thread. Its getting time to rebuild the diffs anyway, but if anyone knows the size of shim for the pinion or larger gear I would really appreciate it.
A4452 is what I used also that clicking U could be hearing is the magnets locking up in the motor..,,,, This has been explained in a thread back 200 posts or so. lighten up on the breaks and see if that helps

Last edited by chucko; 12-31-2011 at 06:54 AM. Reason: cause
Old 12-31-2011, 06:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 10sctrel0v3r

got the new chassis on. got all the 10g wires soldered on too. ill let you all know how this heat sink and fan do for temps. i also switched to the new HA shock bodies, the aluminum caps and adjusters went on perfectly and the shocks feel so much smoother. only defect i found on the chassis was where its milled out for the spur gear there is a little hole in the bottom of it from counter sinking a screw on the underside.
Those wire's are massive, Can I ask why you went from 12g to 10g wires? If it was for less resistance I would of went with a copper wire like the Deans wett noodle because thats the best type of wire besides a straight Silver wire and there also larger then 12g being 1660 strands.

Also what is that a RevTech 4 pole motor your running? Because it looks to be a Revtech if so how is it temp and power wise was thinking of buying one. And wtf type of heat sink is that thing I've never seen one that's as large as that one and Im trying to find something along those lines to order
Old 12-31-2011, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lowroad
Bill recommends that or the oem plastic brace, nothing aluminum. I just asked him a couple days ago when I ordered mine.
if you don't mind me asking. what kind of track are U running on to use the short stock brace ? That Bill said to use Thanks

Last edited by chucko; 12-31-2011 at 07:07 AM. Reason: spell check
Old 12-31-2011, 07:08 AM
Tech Regular

To all the new people getting there trucks and reading the thread then having questions about if their Diff's need pins and all these Issues, If you just bought your truck new you will be fine and not have to worry.

I've had my truck for almost 6 months now and It has at least 50 packs if not more ran on it so far. I've took apart my diff's twice and there is no Wear what so ever on anything, Everything looks Brand New. I just switched from the grease to Losi Silicone Diff lube, Makes them super smooth feeling. So if you ordered this truck you dont have to worry and buy all these things you dont need for the Diff's Order a set of Front/Rear Racing Spring Kits with the Money Saved.

All the new people Welcome to a great 4x4 SCT thing is a Beast.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by namewasdallas
To all the new people getting there trucks and reading the thread then having questions about if their Diff's need pins and all these Issues, If you just bought your truck new you will be fine and not have to worry.

I've had my truck for almost 6 months now and It has at least 50 packs if not more ran on it so far. I've took apart my diff's twice and there is no Wear what so ever on anything, Everything looks Brand New. I just switched from the grease to Losi Silicone Diff lube, Makes them super smooth feeling. So if you ordered this truck you dont have to worry and buy all these things you dont need for the Diff's Order a set of Front/Rear Racing Spring Kits with the Money Saved.

All the new people Welcome to a great 4x4 SCT thing is a Beast.
Indeed, I just got a new Kit, and it even had the New Diff mold, that the RTR has. I was surprised.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chucko
if you don't mind me asking. what kind of track are U running on to use the short stock brace ? That Bill said to use Thanks
well, I run on a smallish 10th scale outdoor track, mainly. I think driving style and amount of flex preferred have more to do with using one or the other though. Either the stock brace or the composite RC8 brace is the ticket with the BCE, so he tells me. I am going to run the RC8 brace I have since I like it. Mostly I think I just like the way it looks and think people put too much thought into a brace
Old 12-31-2011, 07:33 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowroad
well, I run on a smallish 10th scale outdoor track, mainly. I think driving style and amount of flex preferred have more to do with using one or the other though. Either the stock brace or the composite RC8 brace is the ticket with the BCE, so he tells me. I am going to run the RC8 brace I have since I like it. Mostly I think I just like the way it looks and think people put too much thought into a brace
Don't blow it off too much. The brace can make a big difference. I was just curious why chucko had the Aluminum brace.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.