Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 10:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by RandyB
hey steve do you have the tobee main shaft?? and how close does their anodize match the hpi purple??
RandyB,

They are coming in on our next shipment from Tobee Craft, so we'll have to wait and see

Steve Wang
Old 03-15-2004, 10:04 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Steve,

You get my mail??

Buddha
Old 03-15-2004, 10:10 PM
Tech Champion

Hi Guys,

Our high speed Ceramic bearings set comes out to be $99.99, which is very close or cheaper than other companies ceramic bearings kits. As you all know, ceramic bearings drastically reduce friction and improves acceleration, top speed, and efficiency of the car, and also last a lot longer than standard grade bearigns. We decided to omit the steering and the bearing inside the ball differential as they do not have nothing or little to do with the freeness of the drivetrain, and thus also help reduce cost.

These bearing kits are avaialble right now, and here's a direct link to it

Thanks

Steve Wang
Old 03-16-2004, 12:50 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by RCBuddha
Try this dreambrother:

Loosen ALL the top deck screws, including the two in front of the shock towers. Put your racing batteries in, and secure down with the battery brace or tape. Then tighten...see if that makes a difference. I don't think it'll be ABSOLUTELY perfect, cause mine isn't.

Buddha

Well I took apart the car, and the chassis isn't warped I just finished putting it back together, and I got the same problem again..ouch. So it must be the screws. Actually it's really not that bad, but I'll try that method. I'm getting to the point where I just want to see it run
Old 03-16-2004, 12:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

dreambrother - why did you take off the front bumper to read the ride height gauge? If you have a gauge like the new HPI aluminum one or the plastic one that comes with the kit, you read the numbers from the top. Put the car on a clean flat surface, push in the gauge gently until it touches the chassis and read the number. If you check the height between the bumper and the arm you can see the gauge from above.
Old 03-16-2004, 12:58 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by dreambrother
Well I took apart the car, and the chassis isn't warped I just finished putting it back together, and I got the same problem again..ouch. So it must be the screws. Actually it's really not that bad, but I'll try that method. I'm getting to the point where I just want to see it run
You haven't run it yet?!?!

I have a feeling you won't even notice a thing. It's probably not even tweaked.
Old 03-16-2004, 06:32 AM
RCTech Member #2

Remember to use the same

1 - 4
3 - 2

method on the screws on the bottom of the chassis on the bottom diff cases, ect.
Old 03-16-2004, 06:34 AM
Tech Adept

Just a comment on the chassis tweaking.

I have built two PRO 4 kits. Mine which was one of the first batch form the UK distributor Mirage, and my Nephews which he got form a racer at the local club a couple of weeks ago (Still sealled).
While building the second one I noticed how flat all the screws seemed on the bottom of the chassis. When compared to mine which were raced quite a bit. This always made my chassis lift up one corner when put on a level surface and know matter how I retightened the top deck it would never sit perfect. I have now countersunk all the holes slightly deeper and the chassis sits perfectly flat, in fact both of the cars have no tweak. (even after some heavy crashes.).
Old 03-16-2004, 08:30 AM
Tech Initiate

Frank- I took off the bumbper becuase I thought the bottom plastic base where the bumper sits wasn't level with the chassis.. I thought it sat lower. Obviously it doesn't. I'm still learning

Beeb- I've been thinking that. I'm almost 100% sure I won't tell the difference. I'm also trying to decide what ESC to get. I have a IPC 7.1 on my old car, but I kind of want to keep it for that car. I may just go with another 7.1. My first one took a beating, and I've never had a problem with it. The size of it is the only downside.
Old 03-16-2004, 08:30 AM
Tech Initiate

sorry double post.
Old 03-16-2004, 08:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Frank- I took off the bumbper becuase I thought the bottom plastic base where the bumper sits wasn't level with the chassis.. I thought it sat lower. Obviously it doesn't. I'm still learning

Beeb- I've been thinking that. I'm almost 100% sure I won't tell the difference. I'm also trying to decide what ESC to get. I have a IPC 7.1 on my old car, but I kind of want to keep it for that car. I may just go with another 7.1. My first one took a beating, and I've never had a problem with it. The size of it is the only downside.
next esc... get the Hara Twister!

Hope to see you at Sunday's RcCar race..
Old 03-16-2004, 09:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by rc-zombies
next esc... get the Hara Twister!

Hope to see you at Sunday's RcCar race..

I probably would get the Twister, but I've only seen it at Horion Hobby and its out of stock. What race? I'm out of the loop.
Old 03-16-2004, 09:38 AM
Tech Champion

I probably would get the Twister, but I've only seen it at Horion Hobby and its out of stock. What race? I'm out of the loop.
Visit rcracing.com for local bay area rc news...
Electric racing is 3rd sunday of every month til oct/nov.

Theses are the classes we will run this year:

Electric:
Sportsman Stock
19 turn Sedan
Expert Stock
Expert Mod
F-201
12th scale
Mini

Nitro:
Novice
Sportsman
Expert
Superten

We will follow the ROAR rules for nitro: Turbo plugs will be allowed.
We will continue to run on the 1st and 3rd Sunday: March-October.

RC Unlimited…Camden and Union.

Feb: 22, A FUN-RUN non-points race. (all classes)
March: 7,21.
May: 2,16.
July, *11*, 18 (not on the 4th).
Sept: 5,19.

Any rain outs may be held on a 5th Sunday.

Speedring:

April: 4th & 18th
June: 6th & 20th
Aug: 1st & 15th
Oct: 3rd & 17th
Old 03-16-2004, 10:07 AM
Tech Champion

Default HARA'S TOP DECK

I noticed on Hara's car at the Thailand race that he's not using the countersink screws and turned his topdeck upside down and used countersink washers instead.... maybe he's experierencing some tweaking as well...?
Attached Thumbnails Hpi Pro 4-hara-thailand-1.jpg  
Old 03-16-2004, 10:10 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Re: HARA'S TOP DECK

Originally posted by rc-zombies
I noticed on Hara's car at the Thailand race that he's not using the countersink screws and turned his topdeck upside down and used countersink washers instead.... maybe he's experierencing some tweaking as well...?
Hmmmmmm......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.