Originally Posted by POWESKULL
It could be a new class called

SCUGGY
How about FUGLY ?
Old 02-27-2013, 03:59 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pygmy
How about FUGLY ?
That name is already taken for the Traxxas class...

Hehehe..no offense to anyone with a Traxxas.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by muscles 1
Blue - 5.4
Yellow - 5.7
Red - 7
Fantastic! Thanks for the information, now to add them to my chart
Old 02-27-2013, 07:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up My first sight of the TEKNO SCT410

Originally Posted by MattP
I was just messing with ya.....

I too was looking at the Tekno and before that I was looking at the Mugen SCT prototype people were running. They are both a 1/8 buggy that has been converted to run as a SCT. No surprise that they would both be durable since they have 1/8 buggy dna. I almost converted one of my old 8 2.0's to a SCT to run but just bought a scte instead for the time being.
I seen one of these Tekno sct410 run at the local hobby shop in the main races the other night and it was awesome, 3 complete laps ahead of the other at the end of the race with great times, It was set up out of the box as called for and it ran awesome with Losi, AE SC10, TeamC & Traxxas Slash 3 laps behind it...

Just my 2 cents worth...
Old 02-28-2013, 12:20 AM
Tech Regular

Default No to spoilers/wings on short course trucks

I for one got into the hobby b/c these rc vehicles looked damn near identical to the bigger, stronger, fire breathing bretheren of modern day off road short course racing trucks!
Whimsical Whoops; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFHvu...rec_grec_index

The marriage of scale looks to exceedingly high scale performance is what got me into this rc racing class, deviating from this could eventually lead to the sct class demise. Sure there are no solid axels or gas motors, but the suspension
and other components make it more scale looking and performing than any other era in racing for this hobby.

I kick started my love to the hobby by bashing around an rc sct, than got into monster rc trucks to also bash with, than I went to the track with my 1st 2wd sct,
and eventually ended up moving into the hobby's facet of racing, which meant spending more for the high performance type of rc sct 's available in the market.

I feel that these trucks should be highly prohibited from using wings, b/c then where will the buck stop? Eventually, they will revert to the ufo looks of a stadium truck or buggy.
If you want that sort of thing than join a buggy or stadium truck class, and get your open wheels and wings tied up in a knot.
Just like the real 1/1 scale trucks, we have fenders which can allow for some inadvertent bumping and rubbing while sliding into a corner,
which usually equates for me to good ole clean racing fun with scale battles and action, which you cant really get or experience with the heavily popular open wheel vehicles that dominate our tracks, (hacking is not what i'm talking about).

If the short course buggy class were to ever take off, than i would most likely start racing a sc buggy. Dont get me wrong though, I do however
appreciate the engineering and performance that goes into the premier racing classes of this hobby, its just they just look like ufo's,
and that is a big reason why I dont race in those classes yet.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Wow did we need that in both threads?
Old 02-28-2013, 05:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by MarqueeRc
I for one got into the hobby b/c these rc vehicles looked damn near identical to the bigger, stronger, fire breathing bretheren of modern day off road short course racing trucks!
Whimsical Whoops; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFHvu...rec_grec_index

The marriage of scale looks to exceedingly high scale performance is what got me into this rc racing class, deviating from this could eventually lead to the sct class demise. Sure there are no solid axels or gas motors, but the suspension
and other components make it more scale looking and performing than any other era in racing for this hobby.

I kick started my love to the hobby by bashing around an rc sct, than got into monster rc trucks to also bash with, than I went to the track with my 1st 2wd sct,
and eventually ended up moving into the hobby's facet of racing, which meant spending more for the high performance type of rc sct 's available in the market.

I feel that these trucks should be highly prohibited from using wings, b/c then where will the buck stop? Eventually, they will revert to the ufo looks of a stadium truck or buggy.
If you want that sort of thing than join a buggy or stadium truck class, and get your open wheels and wings tied up in a knot.
Just like the real 1/1 scale trucks, we have fenders which can allow for some inadvertent bumping and rubbing while sliding into a corner,
which usually equates for me to good ole clean racing fun with scale battles and action, which you cant really get or experience with the heavily popular open wheel vehicles that dominate our tracks, (hacking is not what i'm talking about).

If the short course buggy class were to ever take off, than i would most likely start racing a sc buggy. Dont get me wrong though, I do however
appreciate the engineering and performance that goes into the premier racing classes of this hobby, its just they just look like ufo's,
and that is a big reason why I dont race in those classes yet.
+1 Couldn't agree anymore!
Old 02-28-2013, 08:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Other then SCTE TEN

Have a SCTE TEN and LOVE it ! But looking for something else 4wd & lighter to bash around with some friends. Not for track racing. Just to have fun with. Have about a $500 limit, I have a radio and receiver. So almost ready to run or roller would do. Would like new.
Any ideas ?
Thanks
Old 02-28-2013, 09:26 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grandturk
Wow did we need that in both threads?
+1 It's like it was copy/pasted. Back to regularly scheduled SCTE programming....

I'm assuming some folks on here have run the Avid Ackerman bars. I have a set coming in. Folks pretty happy with them? Run the short one on a relatively tight indoor track? Which holes on the bellcrank?
Old 02-28-2013, 10:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Any of you have the part number to the new diff cases that dont leak? TLR site is really slow so I cant get in there to check.
Thank you
Old 02-28-2013, 11:59 AM
dtr
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mysupratoy94
Any of you have the part number to the new diff cases that dont leak? TLR site is really slow so I cant get in there to check.
Thank you
TLR332001
Old 02-28-2013, 12:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Raced on our new track which is now more 1/8 scale friendly with a tall triple double and huge doubles. Anyway I landed wrong and broke my servo saver on driverside ackerman screwhole. ripped the screw hole in half and can't find the screw. Has anyone gone to aluminum servo savers or does that cause a ripple effect of broken parts?
Old 02-28-2013, 12:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dtr
TLR332001
Thank you.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:20 PM
Tech Regular

Just saw previous post, never mind.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RC_Tactical
Sorry for the late reply, but yes... use a thin bead of CA inside the plastic case, then slide the hex metal insert in quickly, ensuring it is fully seated. Wipe away any excess glue that squishes out and you're good to go. I've never had my diffs leak using the techniques I suggested. Fortunately, I followed the wise council of others on this one, I didn't discover it on my own.

Feel free to PM if you have other questions or need other help.
Is there any step by step instructions on how to do this? Im trying to picture it but im more of a visual guy lol. Just need to know exactly where to place the bead of CA.

Thank you in advance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.