Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 10:03 AM
Tech Prophet

Dont know if you guys ever tried out the Losi Ultra Digit Green compound SC tires but there pretty good on hardpacked semi dry to moist dirt ! However if you use them on the Front end they will take some steering away .

What they dont quite work on its really dry dirt they will slide quite a bit.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:08 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Got my BCE chassis yesterday, what a thing of beauty. If any one reading this is thinking of buying one do it. Best money I've spent so far. I'll try to get some pics up tonight. I almost feel bad installing everything, feel like I should frame it and hang it on the wall.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:29 AM
Suspended

so all the freaking out wasn't necessary after all?

BCE has shown themselves to be worthy of the good rep they've built, and sometimes we need to realize companies receive hundreds if not thousand of emails not including orders each day. bottom line is, if you have a problem give them a call or leave your number for a call back. too many people using these forums to complaint when the company's done nothing wrong.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:01 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by hoonigantoo
so all the freaking out wasn't necessary after all?

BCE has shown themselves to be worthy of the good rep they've built, and sometimes we need to realize companies receive hundreds if not thousand of emails not including orders each day. bottom line is, if you have a problem give them a call or leave your number for a call back. too many people using these forums to complaint when the company's done nothing wrong.
Would you drop it already, First off I never had a freak out. If you go back and re-read what I was asking, I just was wondering about an email to confirm my order from BCE and not the automated Ebay email. Instead of answering a simple question you got on here and threw wood on the fire. please quite trolling.

BCE called me personally and reassured me. They went the extra mile even tho I was never really worried.

The bold part; if you would have read my messages instead of trolling. I emailed BCE before ordering and received an email back the same day. I was informed of a 5 day wait for shipping, I was happy with this and didn't see a problem. What caused my worry was using ebay, Which I do not trust.

Agian quit trolling please, I was happy with the wait. (not sure how many times I have to say that for you to get it) I just wanted to make sure BCE got my order. ( reason for my original question/Post about BCE.)
Old 08-27-2013, 11:22 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by NITROALM

Thank you Hoon For putting it out there...
We receive so many Emails its hard to stay on the actual work load.
as we know thats what the racers want, and not conversation.
most are fine, but we will get some very anxious racers asking
if there package shipped the night it was ordered.I wish we could
Originally Posted by Darkgenerals
Would you drop it already, First off I never had a freak out. If you go back and re-read what I was asking, I just was wondering about an email to confirm my order from BCE and not the automated Ebay email. Instead of answering a simple question you got on here and threw wood on the fire. please quite trolling.

BCE called me personally and reassured me. They went the extra mile even tho I was never really worried.

The bold part; if you would have read my messages instead of trolling. I emailed BCE before ordering and received an email back the same day. I was informed of a 5 day wait for shipping, I was happy with this and didn't see a problem. What caused my worry was using ebay, Which I do not trust.

Agian quit trolling please, I was happy with the wait. (not sure how many times I have to say that for you to get it) I just wanted to make sure BCE got my order. ( reason for my original question/Post about BCE.)
but you did freak out, 2 days into a 5 day order scenario, and you weren't happy with my original reply when I told you to be patient.
they even backed up my statement.

you got it in 4 days, instead of 5, you should be apologizing and commending bce for their exemplary service. calm down and get over yourself.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:44 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Any ways, any one that has the bce hybrid chassis running the kingheadz extended rear chassis brace? I have one and the brace does not line up with the hole on the chassis. The bolt hole in the brace is maybe 4mm to short. If anything I may drill and tap the kingheads brace. Just wanted to see if any one else has ran into this.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:17 PM
Tech Addict

Exclamation

Any ways, any one that has the bce hybrid chassis running the kingheadz extended rear chassis brace? I have one and the brace does not line up with the hole on the chassis. The bolt hole in the brace is maybe 4mm to short. If anything I may drill and tap the kingheads brace. Just wanted to see if any one else has ran into this.
Hi DG,Again Thank you for your nice words
Regarding the extended brace we would Highly
Recommend staying away from the solid style versions.
as we have conducted many Hrs of testing and the
Best over all opinion of all of our racers is the losi 2.0 TQ
braces, or something very similar.

Ie Pic H1 set up.with 2.0 Servo mount.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:43 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

He did apologize...and he did ask you to drop it. I'm asking you to drop it too, please.

Next topic: http://www.redrc.net/2013/08/mip-puc...-c-cvd-shafts/
Old 08-28-2013, 06:10 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by NITROALM
Hi DG,Again Thank you for your nice words
Regarding the extended brace we would Highly
Recommend staying away from the solid style versions.
as we have conducted many Hrs of testing and the
Best over all opinion of all of our racers is the losi 2.0 TQ
braces, or something very similar.

Ie Pic H1 set up.with 2.0 Servo mount.
I'll probably pick up a set this weekend, I do plan to try and drill into the rear brace and adapt it to the chassis. Finding the 2.0 braces can be difficult in my area.

Super sexy looking, to bad they are center diff ones and not the out drives. I need a set for the front and rear soon.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Bill has always treated me right. He is a small custom manufacture. You get quality products and always worth the wait. I always received my chassis in less than a week and me and my son love them. Getting ready to sell my youngest son's LCG slash and get him into a SCTE with a H1 chassis.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:32 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Yeah, the shafts look pretty cool. I bought Tekno pieces a while back thinking they would wear better than the stockers but they are showing significant flattening already on the drive pin. The new hardened outdrives look like new still. The aluminum shaft on the drive shaft makes me a little nervous though....
Old 08-28-2013, 04:23 PM
Tech Prophet

Got my BCE chassis yesterday, what a thing of beauty. If any one reading this is thinking of buying one do it. Best money I've spent so far. I'll try to get some pics up tonight. I almost feel bad installing everything, feel like I should frame it and hang it on the wall.

Yea it is nice looking . I was looking to get one but i got a used but in good shape MIP chassis i just need to get the chassis parts which are around $80 not bad. I drove one on a blown out outdoor track and it handled crazy good for sure felt more nimble !
Old 08-28-2013, 04:27 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by bds81175
Yeah, the shafts look pretty cool. I bought Tekno pieces a while back thinking they would wear better than the stockers but they are showing significant flattening already on the drive pin. The new hardened outdrives look like new still. The aluminum shaft on the drive shaft makes me a little nervous though....

Yea i have the Tekno center Front shaft also the bones do have wear on them but its been fine no issue i did use the used old lighten center outdrives though not new .

But inless the bones are so warn that there not sitting in the center of the outdrive i dont worry about it.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:16 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I will try and post pics tonight but swapping over to the new BCE chassis is a breeze so far. I would say picking up the 2.0 servo mount is a good idea, the 1.0 parts work but everything is very close.

I also found out that my rear losi carbon fiber shock tower is starting to crack. I let my wife drive it after the race, and she had some pretty good wrecks. The crack is only half way through some of the layers, So it may never fully crack. (Hopefully)

ask a favor of some one running 1 degree of toe out and the long ackermann arm, would you mind measuring your steering links with a caliper and give me a measurement.

Currently I'm setting the truck up to the ryan dunford 2.0 setup and using the 2.0 kit instructions for the length of the steering links. I think is gives 2 degrees of toe out.

I now its varies between truck, that I can agree with but I do not have a setup station so actually measuring the toe is a little bit hard. Unless some one has a quick guide they can point me towards.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:27 AM
Tech Prophet

I will try and post pics tonight but swapping over to the new BCE chassis is a breeze so far. I would say picking up the 2.0 servo mount is a good idea, the 1.0 parts work but everything is very close.

I also found out that my rear losi carbon fiber shock tower is starting to crack. I let my wife drive it after the race, and she had some pretty good wrecks. The crack is only half way through some of the layers, So it may never fully crack. (Hopefully)

ask a favor of some one running 1 degree of toe out and the long ackermann arm, would you mind measuring your steering links with a caliper and give me a measurement.

Currently I'm setting the truck up to the ryan dunford 2.0 setup and using the 2.0 kit instructions for the length of the steering links. I think is gives 2 degrees of toe out.

I now its varies between truck, that I can agree with but I do not have a setup station so actually measuring the toe is a little bit hard. Unless some one has a quick guide they can point me towards.

I just run my Front toe at 0 degrees seems to turn fine on my truck grated Im using the 1.0 TLR chassis. It is hard to get the equal amount of Front toe out or in doing it by eye especially if you have a decent amount of slop in the steering links.

Dropping the Front link down on the tower seemed to help with getting more turn in and camber.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.