Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 04:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

the Team Suzuki parts are top quality, the Speed Racing parts seemed "cheap" to me when I saw them
Old 07-02-2005, 05:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Is there a need for a 3mm bottom deck and top deck for the Yok LCG conversion? Or are most of you running low bite and find the stock chasssis a better fit for your racing? PLease leave some feedback if you think the LCG could be benefitted by a "carpet" chassis.

Ray
Old 07-02-2005, 05:51 AM
Tech Champion

Ray- I think both the BD and the LCG could greatly benefit from a thicker "carpet" chassis. Both were designed for rubber tire asphalt racing and have a pretty flexible chassis. EA Motorsports is supposed to be working on a carpet chassis for the BD but no one that I know of is working on a commercially available carpet chassis for the LCG.
Old 07-02-2005, 06:36 AM
Tech Adept

Does anyone know where I can find some blue cone washers on the net? I would like to use 2 on the top deck and for the shock towers?

Matt, Thanks! Do the drive cups handle mod motors motors? I did see Masami use some on the SDW at the worlds but just wondering...

Thanks again!
Old 07-02-2005, 07:03 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Tbevofreak
Does anyone know where I can find some blue cone washers on the net? I would like to use 2 on the top deck and for the shock towers?

Matt, Thanks! Do the drive cups handle mod motors motors? I did see Masami use some on the SDW at the worlds but just wondering...

Thanks again!
the drive cups are much, much stronger than the stock plastic ones. I honestly don't think you'll ever bend them or damage them in anyway. I ran them on my SD for a year or so and they held up fine.
Old 07-02-2005, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

My LCG had its maiden run today!!!! And it ran Beautiful!!!!!! RS Yellows and RS Blue atthe back made it better in any type of corner! Considering I used a Jetta body for our 4th Annual Wacky CUP!! (wacky race=you have to use non raceable body and everybody has the same body color!!! you can bid to be in the pole position and the pot will be used up for drinks for everybody and a BIG Roasted Pig on the Side for everybody=fun/fun/fun)

I guess it will only get bettr once i use my Stratus3 or Mazda6 body!!!

Ray: a stiffer or thicker chassis will be great!!!

Originally Posted by Tbevofreak
Thanks again!
It took me awhile to get my hands on those cone washers, got them at RT, i do not know the part number I just sent a picture which I got from rcsquare.
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR-4TC SD-w1.jpg   Yokomo MR-4TC SD-w2.jpg   Yokomo MR-4TC SD-w3.jpg  

Last edited by lem2; 07-02-2005 at 10:20 AM.
Old 07-02-2005, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

Default Carpet

Ray if you make the chassies please move the batta up one cell or add a xrta cell hole for mor batt adjustment.
Old 07-02-2005, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

First race with LCG

It ran great all raceday. I qualified fourth out of 21. Not too bad with the quality of racers in my class. The car worked great. I lost 1 spur and two sets of rear diff gears due to rocks. Shookie, LMK asap when you get those lexan covers for the diffs!!!!! I like how much quicker it transitions and gets into the corners over the SSG. It seems like a better spool car than the SSG. I haven't tried a one-way so I can't comment on that.

I got brutally hacked by a guy how bumped into the A and jumped (bashed) to 4th place by the first lap. He smacked the wall right in the middle of the straight and just flat out cleaned my clock. After about 3feet of air, I landed on the other 6 guys who proceeded to give me the ol' fieldgoal boot across the track. Cracked RX and shattered battery assembly. Nothing broke in the suspension, just scratched up alot of parts.

I'm going to give it a work out with modified next weekend. That will be the true test.
Old 07-02-2005, 07:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lem2
My LCG had its maiden run today!!!! And it ran Beautiful!!!!!! RS Yellows and RS Blue atthe back made it better in any type of corner! Considering I used a Jetta body for our 4th Annual Wacky CUP!! (wacky race=you have to use non raceable body and everybody has the same body color!!! you can bid to be in the pole position and the pot will be used up for drinks for everybody and a BIG Roasted Pig on the Side for everybody=fun/fun/fun)

I guess it will only get bettr once i use my Stratus3 or Mazda6 body!!!

Ray: a stiffer or thicker chassis will be great!!!

It took me awhile to get my hands on those cone washers, got them at RT, i do not know the part number I just sent a picture which I got from rcsquare.
that sounds like a fun time you had. my gf is filipino and they have roasted pig for it seems like everyones birthday. u can get the cone washers at gsracing.com also.
Old 07-02-2005, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Guess which one is mine...
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR-4TC SD-19action2lg.jpg  
Old 07-02-2005, 09:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Pro4Capece
Lead driver
Old 07-02-2005, 11:55 PM
Tech Elite

sorry to hear about your diffs, after six months with SDW i have finally broken one tooth off the output gear, ring gear is fine. sounds like you had a good time anyway.
Old 07-03-2005, 12:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Turtlemaster
sorry to hear about your diffs, after six months with SDW i have finally broken one tooth off the output gear, ring gear is fine. sounds like you had a good time anyway.
sounds like his LHS will have a good time
Old 07-03-2005, 06:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

By that picture it expains why you got so many rocks. Man that track looks like it needs a new patch coat....Should only cost like $350.00 to have an asphalt expert come and do that....That track looks nice but needs to be sealed better. I won't run my LCG unless the track has been completely swept/blown off. Those lexan covers; I am waitign till Steve gets those ones for the EVO IV in then I will make them fit the LCG...
Now that you have driven it you see what I was refering to when I said it handles like a belt with the rip of shaft...Great steering on the LCG...Just not really meant for parking lot or un managed tracks...
I will get my chance to prove the LCG is great on the 17th for the next round of the JBRL here in Southern Cali. I was fast with it last time I ran it so I will try it the way it is setup now and try a different setup with a spool and see what I prefer...What I really want to try is a oneway shaft and front diff combo... Well if and when Yokomo finally releases the shaft I can then. Hey Matt any word on this?
-Shookie <><
Also what is your setup.....I like to compare notes...
I have forgotten my setup since I haven't raced it in like three weeks....The KO Grand Prix was only 19T so No LCG just BD...Now I recommend everyone that lives anywhere near here to go next year...What a great race....Funnest time RC'ing ever.
Old 07-03-2005, 06:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

does that track eat up tires?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.