Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 01:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by GK
My engine problems were in qualifiers, it was extremely hot and humid we were dying out there for couple of days. If you're referring to gearing, most ran 23T 2nd pinion on this layout, track is huge...
rocca30 - any car will break when you hit things just the right way, I'm saying I didn't break anything and the car seems to be more durable than what I drove before, that's all.
GK, dude, I just wanted to say that it was a pleasure meeting you out at 301. By the way, this is Darren...the guy that introduced you to Sam and Nigel from Kamikaze Hobbies. Other then your unfortunate engine issues at the beginning, you ran very well. There was some stiff competition this last week. But what a blast huh!!! Great job my friend.

As far as the NT1 is concerned, I'm not prejudice with ANY car. I personally have the 720 and G4S and love both! But I am quite impressed with the NT1. I'm sure it won't be long untill I have one in my stable. Bottom line, the NT1 is a great car. I personally like the "little" things that attention was focused on with this car that the other manufacturers should have. Also, this is the FIRST release of the car. Where as the other manufactures are on 4th and 5th release. So the NT1 might not be perfect in every area, but lets see what they end up with in the next year with release #2. The car will evolve without a doubt. Sorry guys, just sort of babbling here. Anyway, great run for all the Xray drivers at the 301 race. the car looked great on the tack to me. Later all! Later George!
Old 06-11-2007, 01:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I am most likely going to end up buying a new on-road by the end of this year. The r40 isnt quite cutting even though I have had few problems. I have narrowed my choices between the nt1 and the mtx4. I would like to know if you all think that xray will really be releasing an updated version as soon as next racing season? If I do decide on the xray, I would like to wait so I would just like your guy's input if they will be releasing a new car next year and whether or not to wait depending on how much they may change it around.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:20 PM
GK
Suspended

Originally Posted by Serpentd
GK, dude, I just wanted to say that it was a pleasure meeting you out at 301. By the way, this is Darren...the guy that introduced you to Sam and Nigel from Kamikaze Hobbies. Other then your unfortunate engine issues at the beginning, you ran very well. There was some stiff competition this last week. But what a blast huh!!! Great job my friend.

As far as the NT1 is concerned, I'm not prejudice with ANY car. I personally have the 720 and G4S and love both! But I am quite impressed with the NT1. I'm sure it won't be long untill I have one in my stable. Bottom line, the NT1 is a great car. I personally like the "little" things that attention was focused on with this car that the other manufacturers should have. Also, this is the FIRST release of the car. Where as the other manufactures are on 4th and 5th release. So the NT1 might not be perfect in every area, but lets see what they end up with in the next year with release #2. The car will evolve without a doubt. Sorry guys, just sort of babbling here. Anyway, great run for all the Xray drivers at the 301 race. the car looked great on the tack to me. Later all! Later George!
Darren, nice meeting you too, hope you had a safe trip home! Weekend was a blast, it's always great to meet ppl at big races. Thanks for introducing me to Kamikaze boyz, they helped me a lot with my backup motor...
Old 06-11-2007, 02:38 PM
GK
Suspended

Originally Posted by Nitrogasm
baker, burch , grosskamp ect ect will win with whatever car they are running
True, but let me make one last point regarding NT1 @ Capital Classic and I'll shut up. NT1 being on the market for about a month and a half, I counted 8 of them at this race including RCA guys (could be more, but that's all I was able to find when walking around the pits). Out of almost 80 entries 5 of them made it to A (no other brand had more cars in A main). Think about it...
Old 06-11-2007, 05:42 PM
GK
Suspended

Here is a short video clip of Ralph's car in A-main, my battery died so it's only few seconds...
Old 06-11-2007, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by GK
Here is a short video clip of Ralph's car in A-main, my battery died so it's only few seconds...
Burch's car and driving was unreal all weekend. The video does not do it justice. It wasn't just his car though... everybody I talked to was very happy with their NT1 at the Capitol Classic.

This race was the first time my NT1 hit the track. I couldn't ask for a better car to drive and work on all weekend. The only option parts I used were front universals and gears. In fact, there were very few option parts on any of the team driver's cars this weekend. The car runs great almost box stock.

I stayed on top of the car through practice and the qualifiers to make sure it was running in top condition. I got rushed during the mains and had very little time to work on the car. I made no repairs or adjustments after running the 20 minute C-main and the 30 minute B-main. In fact, I still didn't have any issues with the car after the 45 minute A-main. I haven't done much racing lately but I was impressed with the way the NT1 ran for 1 hour and 50 minutes (warm-ups included) with virtually no maintenance. Unfortunately I still had to clean 2 hours of grime off the car after the mains.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike D
Burch's car and driving was unreal all weekend. The video does not do it justice. It wasn't just his car though... everybody I talked to was very happy with their NT1 at the Capitol Classic.

This race was the first time my NT1 hit the track. I couldn't ask for a better car to drive and work on all weekend. The only option parts I used were front universals and gears. In fact, there were very few option parts on any of the team driver's cars this weekend. The car runs great almost box stock.

I stayed on top of the car through practice and the qualifiers to make sure it was running in top condition. I got rushed during the mains and had very little time to work on the car. I made no repairs or adjustments after running the 20 minute C-main and the 30 minute B-main. In fact, I still didn't have any issues with the car after the 45 minute A-main. I haven't done much racing lately but I was impressed with the way the NT1 ran for 1 hour and 50 minutes (warm-ups included) with virtually no maintenance. Unfortunately I still had to clean 2 hours of grime off the car after the mains.

in all honesty,I would contact HUDY on that....there have been reports of that multi engine mount transmitting vibration to the motor causing premature framastat bearing failure,which is causing the oil leak which is attracting the grime..
Old 06-11-2007, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mike D

For a guy running an NT1 for the first time, your performance was pretty impressive - bumped up two mains and finished 5th in the A. What engine were you running? Have you done a lot of nitro racing (on/off-road)?
Old 06-11-2007, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fastharry
in all honesty,I would contact HUDY on that....there have been reports of that multi engine mount transmitting vibration to the motor causing premature framastat bearing failure,which is causing the oil leak which is attracting the grime..
Reports? What reports? Where did you get this info from Harry?
Old 06-11-2007, 08:37 PM
GK
Suspended

Originally Posted by fastharry

Multi-flex mount is not available yet as far as I know, I haven't seen one on any of the factory driver's car either. I heard "reports" that after almost 2 hours of driving like Mike did, fuel spillage during pit stops, foam from tires and crap will build up if you don't clean it between runs.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GK

Multi-flex mount is not available yet as far as I know, I haven't seen one on any of the factory driver's car either. I heard "reports" that after almost 2 hours of driving like Mike did, fuel spillage during pit stops, foam from tires and crap will build up if you don't clean it between runs.

HAHA!!!

I believe his statement was made for comedic purposes! That's quite funny!

The engine mounts are now in stock and are shipping to dealers as of today, man they are TRICK looking.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com

Originally Posted by GK

while a bit of frivolity was intended towards Xray,framastat bearings should still be changed.....one of the racers(I think he even runs the xray,as luck would have it)......owns a great bearing company.....perhaps you've heard of Flacks famous framastat bearings its the bearing of choice..
Old 06-11-2007, 09:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

probably a stupid question, but im a stupid bloke, but i'm keen to get the xray, but im wondering if, and when there will be a release of a version with the cvd's, and small essential hopups required? ie a team kit? would you guys expect this to happen maybe 5 months down the track? The car looks like the goods, (read; MTX5 will be a NT1 rip of i think), but i've spent so much on hopups for my mtx4...i'm hoping i don't go down the same track with the xray

what's this about the pivot balls back out though? doesn't sound very xray to me?!

by the way i think the mugen plastics, especially the materials used for the shock ends etc is very good, how is the nt1 in this department? do the plastics hold up well, and stay tight? or does slop develop?
Old 06-11-2007, 10:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TomB
probably a stupid question, but im a stupid bloke, but i'm keen to get the xray, but im wondering if, and when there will be a release of a version with the cvd's, and small essential hopups required? ie a team kit? would you guys expect this to happen maybe 5 months down the track? The car looks like the goods, (read; MTX5 will be a NT1 rip of i think), but i've spent so much on hopups for my mtx4...i'm hoping i don't go down the same track with the xray

what's this about the pivot balls back out though? doesn't sound very xray to me?!

by the way i think the mugen plastics, especially the materials used for the shock ends etc is very good, how is the nt1 in this department? do the plastics hold up well, and stay tight? or does slop develop?
I wouldn't expect a new kit anywhere in the near future. If their current trend holds true, they update a car every year or so... So you're safe if you buy this, as there are no different kits coming out soon!

As far as I've heard from the guys running the cars, you will be pleasantly surprised with the box stock car, maybe get some CV axles and extra gears to suit your track, and you should be golden. As far as the plastic goes, you will not find a better composition on any other car, the stuff on my 1/8 buggy is tough as nails and has remained slop free for quite the while.

The problem with the pivot balls has been identified and there is a build tip on xray's forum (www.teamxray.com/xforum) to remedy the issue.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmargiotta
I wouldn't expect a new kit anywhere in the near future. If their current trend holds true, they update a car every year or so... So you're safe if you buy this, as there are no different kits coming out soon!

As far as I've heard from the guys running the cars, you will be pleasantly surprised with the box stock car, maybe get some CV axles and extra gears to suit your track, and you should be golden. As far as the plastic goes, you will not find a better composition on any other car, the stuff on my 1/8 buggy is tough as nails and has remained slop free for quite the while.

The problem with the pivot balls has been identified and there is a build tip on xray's forum (www.teamxray.com/xforum) to remedy the issue.
ok cool. i might wait until they update those pivot arm holes though, lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.