Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2003, 08:26 PM
Tech Regular

Default Stocking up (Springs)

Whats up gang, stocking up the pit box for the G+ and the time has come to start picking up springs. Couple questions though
1. The rule is 1.0" in the front 1.15" in the rear only??? Can I put 1.15's all around?? Would I ever want to?

2. Planning to race some asphalt some carpet are there any Spring colors that are a "must have"? Front/ Rear

Guess that was more that a couple questions/Sorry!!!
Input is much appreciated!!!!
Old 02-19-2003, 08:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

it really depends on what tires you use. Foams, you run pretty stiff. On carpet I'd say you'd want springs, 20-40lbs with foam. Rubber, the only rubber tires I've used were the TakeOff CS27 handouts for the US TC Championships. Ran pretty soft I think guys ran from 10-20lb springs.

I'm not sure about asphalt
Old 02-19-2003, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

oh, I don't think it matters much about the spring lengths. I beleive all the springs that are being made now are the 1", kind of a running change. I could be wrong though... you could run into problems with getting the right ride height and droop settings if you use too tall or short of a spring.
Old 02-20-2003, 07:38 AM
Tech Addict

hicheef -

As for the different size springs, yes either one can be mounted on the front or rear... but with the shorter shocks up front the 1.15" springs will make you thread the collars nearly to the top... but they will fit.

I agree with Jeff on the spring choices for carpet, as I am currently running the white 30lb springs on the car in stock and the black 25lb springs on my mod car on carpet...

As for asphalt choices - I tend to mainly use the springs in the pink-green range on my car, depending on track layout, traction, etc.... but the ones I use the most are the pink, red, and blues for the couple of tracks that I run at... your best bet would be to check out what the local fast guys are running on their cars and go from there... but since the Losi springs are relatively inexpensive, there's no problem with havng all of em...

regards,
Wilde
Old 02-20-2003, 08:35 AM
Tech Regular

Default Springs

Thanks Guys, Much appreciate the input!!!!!!!
Kevin
Old 02-20-2003, 09:39 AM
Tech Addict

Default springs

tufferwilde

can you pass on some other details of your setup with the 30lb springs

I`m using green on front with blue on rear with 60wt oil are these too soft

advice would be appreciated
Old 02-20-2003, 11:53 AM
Tech Addict

Racecar850 -

Here's the basic setup that I am running (unfortunately I do not have the camber links and the shock positions since the car isn't in front of me)

Front
White springs
60wt AE oil
60 piston
OF pivot block
Low roll center shimmed up .070
4 degree blocks
Plaid tires - 28mm - had to use AE hex for spacing
0.080 sway bar

Rear
White springs
60wt AE oil
55 piston
0R pivot block
Low roll center
off set arms, w/ 1/2 degree hubs on backwards (improved rotation)
TRC purple rears

Ackerman forward - belcranks standard direction

Battery forward

Losi Alfa body

I think that's about it...

Regards,
Wilde
Old 02-20-2003, 01:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

anyone know who makes low profile (8/32) wheel nuts. I'm having problems with breaking front and rear carriers and I think it is due to the fact the wheel nut stick out further than the wheel. please include a part # if you can.

I'm running the MF set-up(not overdriven though) from the losi web page. this set-up works really well for me. the Andrew Grey set-up is also very good. Rob
Old 02-20-2003, 02:07 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up tufferwilde

Thanks for the info

A much different set up to what i`m using, mine is a lot softer
Old 02-20-2003, 02:11 PM
Tech Regular

I've got Team Trinity blue low profile nuts on my car, but I can't find the part#

I like running my car overdriven, the rear follows the front and this makes it much easier to get around the track. I've just finished painting my Acura RSX body, pics up soon(ish)
Old 02-20-2003, 03:30 PM
Tech Regular

Default add me to the list

Well, I have to admit, when i first saw all the talk of sheared shock shafts i thought wow??? How??? I'll be damned, today running stock on carpet, sure enough what i thought was a fairly innocent hit sheared my shock shaft right at the end of the threads!!! What really sucked is i went to the parts counter to buy the replacements and they were all out. Guy noted it was strange that they would run out of those and I remarked to him about it turning up on the message board. I saw one mod for a fix, if anyone else comes up with one please post cause it's a bear to lose a day of running for an innocent hit like that!!!!!
Kevin
Old 02-20-2003, 03:36 PM
Tech Regular

Sorry they aren't very good (combination of camera and lighting) but you can just about see them. I haven't got an airbrush (that works) so I did a little bit with a paint brush.

That's the Audioslave logo on top.
Old 02-20-2003, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I have a good mod, use the trinity bumper brace. It doesn't crunch back like the stock losi one.
Old 02-20-2003, 03:53 PM
Tech Regular

From what i have read on this forum is the best way to free up your losi is to take the sheilds of your bearing if iam correct however when you do that won't the bearings become more prone to attracting dirt
Old 02-20-2003, 04:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

melnyk.....Oil attracts dirt but with out the sheilds and oil to keep the bearings lubed you will get more dirt and grit into the bearing....thats why some guys only take off the inside shields so they dont attract dirt as easily and the bearing is free.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.