Wiki Posts
Search

Project RC BMW ///M3

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 06:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Viper,

Here's the j71. The shell is cool, although I'm not too crazy about it. So I decided to just play around with the paint job and do a little bit of decal overkill

Next to the E92

Old 11-09-2014, 07:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

As per your recommendation sir

Old 11-09-2014, 08:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Awesome Evo! Great Job! That Javelin looks so much more serious business now! Downright mean actually!
Old 11-09-2014, 10:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Since we're talking BMW M3s....Here's a new M3 body a friend did for me, as you can see I asked him to do these national color/flag themes for both bodies, both were run for the first time yesterday.

I think this shot looks pretty cool....with the early morning sun shining on them.

....from a distance.

...and the new M3, the square meatballs and numbers are painted on.

Old 11-09-2014, 04:23 PM
Tech Addict

OttoKrosse, those cars look amazing!! Nice work! The Mazda with the Banzai is intense looking!

Went club racing today. It was a fun day, I'm getting better and won my heat!

CTA, I really need to get my car done so I can race in this class!

A Main

Old 11-10-2014, 07:29 PM
Tech Addict

Otto, what wheels and tires are those on both cars? I like the style of them over the plain dish TC wheels

I got some items in the mail today!! Highlights would be the STRC Titanium screw kit fo rthe TC6.2, and an iCharger 308 Duo. I love my trusty 206B iCharger, but it was time to upgrade.

Titanium Kit

Standard oem screws. I actually like the look of the black screws...

OEM screws, a 14gram saving

Bling

iCharger 308 Duo

I really need to assemble a cleaner wiring system, however I just wanted to test it for photos
Old 11-10-2014, 08:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Viper Z,

Thats a serious charger man, specs are great. I googled it after looking at your pic and now its on my ebay watch list.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Evo 13
Viper Z,

Thats a serious charger man, specs are great. I googled it after looking at your pic and now its on my ebay watch list.
Ha, that's awesome Evo! If you are going to buy one, I recommend you buy it from EP Buddy http://www.buddyrc.com/icharger-308-duo.html. You get a free paraboard V3 (a $25.95 value). I used my V2 to charge as many as 6 x 3s packs at a time with my 206B at the flying field. Plus EP Buddy has the best customer service should you have a problem. They talked to me at length and made great recommendations based on my price and needs when I was choosing a power supply.

Here is the new V3 that came free with my charger. In the background is my old V2, both with XT60 plugs. The Paraboards are available in Deans, EC3, EC5, Traxxas...etc

Last edited by ViperZ; 11-10-2014 at 09:19 PM.
Old 11-16-2014, 06:28 AM
Tech Addict

Club racing today! I can;t wait! I've made some tweaks to my radio settings, installed my Yokomo Pink and Blue springs on the TC6.2, re setup the car's droop, alignments and tweak. I hope I didn't mess with too much

Received more parts for the TC6.1 conversion over to VTA. Big changes are the Trinity 21.5 Maxzilla (torque) Kill Shot Motor, and the RSD progressive XRay springs, that are recommended for the RSD short shock towers I installed previously. This car is talking a slow roll, as I've been too busy to paint up it's body, maybe sometime soon.

Killer shot motor to replace the not yet ran Redline 17.5. RSD Progressive springs to go with the shortened shock towers

RSD Blues installed on the back, the pinks will go up front

The Silver AE's are too long applying too much loading with the shorten shock towers

Out with the new, in with the new

Killshot installed as well as the RSD springs

Here it is with the TC6.2 with newly installed Yokomo springs

Both to be sporting new bodies when I have the time to paint them up...
Old 11-16-2014, 03:39 PM
Tech Addict

Another good fun filled Sunday of racing! At times it felt like I was getting the groove of it for a few laps, but then lost it and discovered it takes time to recover.... I have turned my fast lats time at the club track yet, and my average lap time is going down, however there is a lot of work to do and learn.

I had input the ABS braking in to my Tx. It pulses the throttle and brake much like an ABS system on a full size car when brakes are applied. It was weird and I can't say if I like it, other than my lap times were not as good. So I disabled it and may try lag in later. I did add a bit more drag brake, and that seemed to help. I may stop fiddling with the car as Gary (our club veteran and expert) said it seems to be set-up fine, no issues. I just need to concentrate on smoother and better driving.

I did pick a new toy from a club member. An unused Associated 10r5! I just wanted this as it reminded me of the good old days, and I want to hang a Le Mans Prototype body on it, or some thing sexy. I love the big boots on the back of this car!! I'll set it up for World GT class.

Here is the new unused AE 10r5

I love the purity of this chassis. It's not state of the art, but it's good enough for me to fool around with

Love the big Boots! This is what TC cars should be like

Can't wait to get this going! (along with my hundred other projects )

Here are a few bodies I'm interested in..

Last edited by ViperZ; 11-16-2014 at 03:51 PM.
Old 11-16-2014, 03:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Viper,

Keep us posted on your pan car development. I thought about getting one, but was turned off by the incredible simplicity of the chassis, and 2wd of the car. But maybe I'll have a change of heart after seeing how yours come out. Is yours 1/10 or 1/12?
Old 11-17-2014, 10:36 AM
Tech Addict

EVO, it's a 1/10th. I think its going to be a fun car to assemble, maintain and drive. Darn 1s ESCs are expensive, however
Old 11-20-2014, 04:44 PM
Tech Addict

I bit the bullet and decided to try the Tuning Haus Aluminum C Hubs and Rear Carriers... I didn't even get one mounted and decided it's not a worthwhile upgrade. As soon as I tighten up the lower king pin screw, it bound up tight. The steering block would only turn freely if I loosened it. The top ball link was not a problem, but the lower screw is. Then I could not get the hinge pin in with out taping it in with a hammer, which then shaved away some of the aluminum and anodizing in the hole. I realize this isn't really a problem, functionally, as the C-Hub has a set screw to tighten the hinge pin to it, but it would be a real bitch to remove the pin form the A Arm. So I decided put them away until I've had some time to rework the parts a bit. No idea how the back ones fit, however I'm sure I'll ave to ream out the hinge pin hole as well.

Inspired by Ryan's surgical Hudy tools, I decided to collect my own as well. A person can never have too many tools, my dad use to always say.

Both tool bags fit in my hauler very well, on top of the haulers' loaded tool loops.

I got a set of Integy nut drivers before I planned this all out, so they will have to do for the time being.

I chose the EDS Hex Drivers for their good looks, and no nonsense design. The shafts even have a nice grippy coating that allows a person to spin the shaft in between your index and thumb like a speed driver. Nice touch!

Upper Left is SAE, Lower Left is Metric. Right side is Metric and SAE ball drivers. Added to the mix is my Integy body reamer and Multi driver. I would like to replace that multi driver with a set of EDS Phillips and flat screw drivers.

The smaller EDS bag is full of nothing spectacular, but maybe one day....
Old 11-20-2014, 09:20 PM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

I like the look of those eds drivers! Granted, I'm pretty partial to most things red/black/silver. :P
Bummer that your aluminum suspension parts didn't work out.
Old 11-21-2014, 06:07 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DBM
I like the look of those eds drivers! Granted, I'm pretty partial to most things red/black/silver. :P
Bummer that your aluminum suspension parts didn't work out.
Thanks Dennis, I'll try reaming out the C-Hubs, and most likely the rear carriers. Then I'll need to sort out how to remove the binding. It will most likely require removal of some material on the bottom of the C-Hub screw's shoulder.

Hmm red/black/silver, that's like the color of your VBC and your 1:1 race car

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.