Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Project RC BMW ///M3

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 05:32 AM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

You looked good yesterday, in both CTA and TC!
Good to have someone else run an STC-6 body and have the same findings as me. Not as edgy/more forgiving than the gx, better balance than the ltcr, more connected/less floaty than the mazdaspeed body. I get the feeling the dodge dart will be much the same, although I'd rather run the sweep body due to the sweep body having superior durability to all of my busted up protofirm bodies (and it is nice to be a bit different than everyone else).
Old 02-04-2015, 06:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Ah, thanks Dennis, I felt a bit more confident with both cars last week. I'm really looking forward to running the Sweep STC-6 bodies at the Moose Jaw WCICS. I'll also pack along a LTC-R just as a spare to the 2 Sweeps.

I'm sure the Sweeps will be the ones. Unless somebody talks me into a Mazda6 or Dart
Old 02-04-2015, 07:23 PM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ViperZ
Ah, thanks Dennis, I felt a bit more confident with both cars last week. I'm really looking forward to running the Sweep STC-6 bodies at the Moose Jaw WCICS. I'll also pack along a LTC-R just as a spare to the 2 Sweeps.

I'm sure the Sweeps will be the ones. Unless somebody talks me into a Mazda6 or Dart
Early on Saturday, the ltcr might work good, but when traction comes up, the sweep stc6 will likely be the better bet. I'm bringing a dodge neon. I mean dart. :/ My stc6 body has been through 2 wcics events and probably 12 club events.
Old 02-05-2015, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Here's my E46 M3 that got me back into on road four years ago (HPI 200 mm body on an Ofna JL10e). The paint scheme was inspired by the red and black Yokohama Advan M3, but I wanted to use my own colors. I didn't realize at the time the scheme would stick and ALL of my race vehicles (on and off road) now have the orange/black/blue motif. My own "Rodarbal livery" if you will.

Old 02-05-2015, 07:48 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DBM
Early on Saturday, the ltcr might work good, but when traction comes up, the sweep stc6 will likely be the better bet. I'm bringing a dodge neon. I mean dart. :/ My stc6 body has been through 2 wcics events and probably 12 club events.
Crazy to think of the idea of swapping body types through out the race weekend, dependent of traction. You fast guys I tell you

Originally Posted by Rodarbal
Here's my E46 M3 that got me back into on road four years ago (HPI 200 mm body on an Ofna JL10e). The paint scheme was inspired by the red and black Yokohama Advan M3, but I wanted to use my own colors. I didn't realize at the time the scheme would stick and ALL of my race vehicles (on and off road) now have the orange/black/blue motif. My own "Rodarbal livery" if you will.
Very nice, thanks for posting, it stands out for sure!
Old 02-05-2015, 10:34 PM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

There might be a concourse competition. .... don't forget to bring your go daddy car!
Old 02-13-2015, 01:27 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DBM
There might be a concourse competition. .... don't forget to bring your go daddy car!

I did, but it was no match for your entry Dennis

It was a great race weekend. I learnt a lot about car setup, driving, and surviving. I can't wait to attend the next installment of the WCICS.

I made it into the A Main of the VTA, which was exciting, I'm glad I survived, it was a great learning experience with the help of Ivan Chan assisting in set-up of my car, it forced me to drive a lot smoother and not pulse the trigger as much as I do. It certainly helped, even in the cross over to TC Stock. I finished in C main for this class, and need much more improvement. It was fun!

I have uploaded pictures from the race weekend. They can be found here.

Here are a few Sneak Peeks

The WCICS Round 6 Venue

Korgae's Awesomatix

Ivan Chan flying a flag in Mini Class

Gary Lanzer opening up speed on the straightaway

Racing Fuel

I failed my first TC qualifier by breaking a spindle in warm ups to the heat.

Concourse

1/12

Ivan's beautiful F1
Old 02-26-2015, 07:26 PM
Tech Addict

A big shout out to my buddy Gary Lanzer for assembling a Novak Ballistic 10.5 motor for my WGT car. I can't say enough how much he and the SARCAR club have helped to get me started, in racing again. I love you guys, MAN!

I had a 13.5T Tekin Redline in it, however it seems a bit slow, so I'm hoping this perks the Associated 10.5R up. It is closer to spec now. I have a Sophia body to paint up, so it may be ready for the next WCICS race.

I've been focused on work of late, but hopefully I get some practice time in.

Installed. Yeah I know that tronsponder wire is ugly, but it's my 3rd one and I may use this one as the floater..

Was able to finally get "aaa" transmitter bag for my Tx. I like it in that its softside and has a shoulder strap.

Should do the job

Got a new programing car for a new ESC I want to try out

And added to my collection of USGT wheels and tires, bring on the series SARCAR!
Old 03-03-2015, 08:05 PM
Tech Addict

I rewired my car tonight with my new Orca VX3 ESC. I'm looking for a bit smoother throttle response and have been told the Orca will be less digital than my Tekin RS G2. Bench tests already seem to indicate it has a smoother, more gradual power delivery. I'm looking forward to feeling it out on the track.

I also shorten up all the the leads from the servo, ESC, motor fan, as well as black shrick tube the fan and transponder wires. I wasn't going for the all black look, rather just wanting to clean up the wiring some, I think I got it as I did not need a zip tie for any of the wires, and they just fall in place.

Orca VX3 ESC and Programming card

Wired up, card plugged in to ESC

This is one LOUD fan, as is the aluminum motor fan!!

I tucked the capacitor bank on the inside

Thanks for looking!
Old 04-03-2015, 05:22 PM
Tech Addict

I recently attended the WCICS (Western Canadian Indoor Carpet Series) Series Final in Calgary, hosted by the CARCAR club. What a great time it was, and quite the learning experience for me. There was more than 200 entries in this final race, which capped off the season series. I finished in the I Main in TC, which, I proud to say I won My SARCAR fellow club hot shot who won the TC Series Mod, said he was just so excited to be able to watch some I Main action because this meant there were lots of racers..... I also finished 5th in the C Main of the CTA (Canadian Trans Am), I was getting better and moving up as the qualifying progressed over the weekend.

My Club fared well in the series with Danny Buck taking 1st in the TC Mod series, and 2nd in the TC Stock series. Nick Kinar took 1st over all in the CTA, with Cam Spence in 2nd and Don Buck in 3rd, a series podium sweep by SARCAR! Great job guys! I look forward to the new season and hope to place better as I try to improve my driving skills.

More Photos of Calgary WCICS Here

Concours

1/12th Mod action

WGT

1/10th TC

Practice day at the pits

Dave Ehrlich's sweet VBC ride

Danny Buck's Mod Championship Xray

Our SARCAR club is excited to start USGT racing. We have been racing a few chassis and body setups like this already, however we want to try and integrate USGT with CTA, to see how they play together. The idea is to not introduce yet another class, and see if they can co-exist. We may need to come up with a weight break for the cars to keep both competitive in the same race.

This E92 M3 body I show here was shelved and nearly hit the trash can. After painting the black roof, in the wrong black I might add, I failed to clean the body before applying the color coat. There was some fine black over spray on parts of the body, that broke my heart as they showed as soon as the color coat was laid down. I had thought I may paint the outside of the body, but it would not do for my first M3 project car. Thus I shelved it, and almost threw it out. I htough, well, we race and bang these bodies up anyway, I may as well use it in the USGT club series. So here it is.

Here it is beside the one it was originally intended to be. I'm looking forward to running this M3 GT2!
Old 04-03-2015, 06:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It still looks good Bing. Interesting to see all the decals on an orange shell.
Old 04-04-2015, 05:31 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks Will for always commenting on my thread

Yes, the Efficient Dynamic decal package looks quite nice on the orange shell, in fact I actually like it more this way than the white. I only had to put red "90" numbers on to white backgrounds, other than that it turned out well. I have a few other different decal packs I'm looking forward to for the M3. Now if only they made an M4 body soon!

Old 04-04-2015, 09:20 AM
Tech Addict

Here are some photos of the current USGT body I've been running. The HPI E46 M3 GTR. It looks and feels great out on the track!

Old 06-01-2015, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ViperZ
Here are some photos of the current USGT body I've been running. The HPI E46 M3 GTR. It looks and feels great out on the track!

i am drooling over this body