Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by entitymugenmtx
Thank you
You're welcome
Old 12-06-2011, 10:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
No they are 1.0mm and the pistons for the Aluminum shocks are 1.1mm.
Thanks Fred! I'll find a 1.1mm drill bit.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pcar951
Thanks Fred! I'll find a 1.1mm drill bit.
You're welcome
Old 12-06-2011, 11:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jay7
Who actually has this kit in stock right now?????????
Instock !
Old 12-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
You're welcome
If I set it at 63mm or 64mm what's the difference ?
Old 12-06-2011, 01:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by entitymugenmtx
If I set it at 63mm or 64mm what's the difference ?
Shorter shock (63mm) = more pack = more traction at that end of the car
Longer shock (64mm) = less pack = less traction at that end of the car
Old 12-06-2011, 04:06 PM
Tech Master

Is it possible that Xray will change the kit in the following months? My local hobby store will get the first 2012's next week, and I'm thinking whether to buy it now or later, since 1/10th racing only begins in spring. Your suggestions?
Old 12-06-2011, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

probably not until fall of 2012?

I wouldn't be able to handle buying and building the car to wait 3+ months to drive it...
Old 12-06-2011, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UrabusDenis
Is it possible that Xray will change the kit in the following months? My local hobby store will get the first 2012's next week, and I'm thinking whether to buy it now or later, since 1/10th racing only begins in spring. Your suggestions?
The T3 2012 was JUST released (I got my kit in the first batch of USA cars 4 weeks ago). There is a very slim chance anything will change with the kit, IF there is a revision like there has been in the past you would just contact the place you purchased the kit. But that hasn't happened since the T2 009 If I recall. And I can't think of anything that has been a problem with the 12 car. So it's safe to buy away since the kits typically get annual revisions.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UrabusDenis
They rarely do running changes, so it will not change for about a full year when the next car is released.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Any tips on bleeding the shocks? I've built TRF/AE shocks and they were very simple, but I'm having a hard time building the ones on my 12..And has anyone noticed a huge difference with the aluminum shocks or are the plastic ones preferred?
Old 12-06-2011, 11:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC.Jon22
Any tips on bleeding the shocks? I've built TRF/AE shocks and they were very simple, but I'm having a hard time building the ones on my 12..And has anyone noticed a huge difference with the aluminum shocks or are the plastic ones preferred?
There isn't a huge difference between the two. To build fill, bleed the air out with time or ride shock vaccum chamber. Place bladder on top of shock and with shock shaft fully extended, gently screw the cap down till it almost bottoms on the bladder. slowly compress (I use a 1 or 2mm shim to set the rebound volume.) and let the air and excess oil seep out. Tighten shock cap (not to tight! as you can damage the bladder), and compress shock assy a couple times and check rebound. If you have excessive rebound you can use the martin hudy method to remove excess oil.(invert shock and remove the bottom cap and let excess seep out, reinstall bottom cap and try again)
Old 12-07-2011, 05:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Default NEWBIE XRAY 2012

Here is the deal folks, I am not new to RC but definitely new to touring cars, and the whole brushless ESC/Engine stuff. I have been reading all I can, going over the manuals etc. I told my LHS I wanted an XRAY 2012 that has fast acceleration, this is what they put together for me:

Xray T3 2012 -
Tekin RS Pro 4.5 kv Combo -
60c Lipo Battery -
Hitec X4 Charger -
Futaba S9551 Servo -
Futaba 603FF Receiver -
Sweep Tires -
Protoform DNA Body -

My biggest concern (for now), is the ESC settings, pinion etc. I don't want to blow up the motor and want it somewhat tamed and I am trying to understand the gearing, esc settings to get a good starting point that will not put me in the danger zone. Obviously this request to you guys is vague and abstract and I realize all of you are educated on this so try and be patient with me :-)....I have had my head in the game for the past 12 months with my baja 2 stroke, HPI Savage and a few mini's...this is a whole new world for me.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by angelblade
Here is the deal folks, I am not new to RC but definitely new to touring cars, and the whole brushless ESC/Engine stuff. I have been reading all I can, going over the manuals etc. I told my LHS I wanted an XRAY 2012 that has fast acceleration, this is what they put together for me:

Xray T3 2012 -
Tekin RS Pro 4.5 kv Combo -
60c Lipo Battery -
Hitec X4 Charger -
Futaba S9551 Servo -
Futaba 603FF Receiver -
Sweep Tires -
Protoform DNA Body -

My biggest concern (for now), is the ESC settings, pinion etc. I don't want to blow up the motor and want it somewhat tamed and I am trying to understand the gearing, esc settings to get a good starting point that will not put me in the danger zone. Obviously this request to you guys is vague and abstract and I realize all of you are educated on this so try and be patient with me :-)....I have had my head in the game for the past 12 months with my baja 2 stroke, HPI Savage and a few mini's...this is a whole new world for me.
First, get a 21.5 or 17.5 in that car, not a mod motor. Too much motor for your experience levels with TC. Set the Tekin to zero boost and timing.

Don't use the DNA body - use the MazdaSpeed6.

Tires depend on the track. Ask the fast guys, not the hobby shop on what to use for rubber.

If you do you own research why are you letting them put it together for you? There are threads on this forum for almost every item you listed with tons of info.

Think about spending less - too many people spend a load into TC only to find out it get them off in the first place.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dane
First, get a 21.5 or 17.5 in that car, not a mod motor. Too much motor for your experience levels with TC. Set the Tekin to zero boost and timing.

Don't use the DNA body - use the MazdaSpeed6.

Tires depend on the track. Ask the fast guys, not the hobby shop on what to use for rubber.

If you do you own research why are you letting them put it together for you? There are threads on this forum for almost every item you listed with tons of info.

Think about spending less - too many people spend a load into TC only to find out it get them off in the first place.
Indeed, I just started with TC without any onroad experience, but I race 1/10 and 1/8 buggies. My start combo was a Speed Passion GT pro esc and a 17.5T Speed Passion V3 since that's the most popular class here. We also drive 10.5T boosted and mod, but their are less drivers in those classes.
I can say that 17.5T boosted is pretty fast indoors. I haven't driven outside yet, but I won't take a motor faster than a 10.5T if you're driving outside.
If you don't have any race experience or you're below the average skill leven, I'd go with a 17.5T and start racing without boost. After you get used to the car and motor, you can add some boost to go faster.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.