Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2002, 05:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Here's a nitro TC3 I have been working on. Just got done installing the new Trick Parts Racing cold air kit. It looks really good I think.

Old 07-06-2002, 08:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Where did you get the kit from? Does it help?
Old 07-06-2002, 09:21 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks Nova!
Old 07-06-2002, 09:23 PM
Tech Adept

I found it !!! Nevermind.
Old 07-07-2002, 08:10 AM

Thanks for the tips on the vented engine mts. I guess it makes alittle sense.
The cool air, air cleaner is sweat I think I'll mod me one instead of paying the $12 bucks , it should be very easy to mod, only thing I run foams and theres a hell of alot of rubber dust everywhere the Air cleaner located in front of the right rear wheel would get alot of rubber build up. I would have to clean every heat race. The mod could give the engine the ram air effect!!!!! I wonder if it would be roar legal? BB
Old 07-07-2002, 03:46 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I wouldn't see why it wouldn't be ROAR legal...but my car gets seriously dirty with foams...I wonder if it would cake up during a race?
Old 07-08-2002, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

I run the GTP body on mine so it exits the body for fresh air.mind you that is a great idea for getting clean air to the engine.Hmm is it roar leagle to make ducting on the body or ground effects kits under the body for engine cooling?
Old 07-09-2002, 08:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Talking SS Screws

Hey guys,

Just in case you need some, I ordered a box of Stainless Steel 6-32 button heads for the motor mounts. If your like me and have already rounded out a motor mount screw, just e-mail me and I'll Parcel post you some. I hate having to dremel in a slot to remove buttton heads!!! A couple bucks for 8 of em should cover shipping, etc. I got them for me, but bought a 100 to get a good price!!!

Ray
[email protected]
Old 07-11-2002, 10:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Well I got some foams to try out, so I will let you know how the cold air kit likes the foam dust. I think it will be ok. Its the Gt 2 stage foam/paper filter. The foam will catch all of the foam dust before it can hit the paper filter.
Old 07-12-2002, 08:15 PM
Tech Initiate

i am going to be a PROUD NTC3 owner on this monday, woo hoo, on the 15th of july, n e ways, here are the questions i wanrt to ask:

1...does the NTC3 come with a cutoff nut to cut the crank shaft?

2...and also does dennis rechichey guy modify engiens to be roar illegal or out law should i say and how much?

3...and also u think i can make and build my NTC3 easily or is ti hard?

4....and also for the rc10 gt spring: will it break a " stock " jr servos gears off if i hit the wall hard enough, and will the servo be able to push the wheels, or is the spring just to stiff?

5.....and also i for got what is push, lol?

6....and is the engine , radio system, batt. pack all u need for the NTC3, no oil or n e thing, for a NTC3 ps start side exh. version and the enigne is a 12 cvr by os max if it helps n e

and u guys are all talking about run time for only 5 or 4 mins., is that with the big 125 cc tank or AFTER u put in the 75cc capacitor, cause if thats the 125 cc tank that'ill suck so bad

thanks u guys for all the help

Last edited by RCKID; 07-12-2002 at 08:21 PM.
Old 07-12-2002, 08:28 PM
Tech Adept

I don't believe its comes with the cutoff nut.But any hobby store has them.

From what I have heard I would stay away from Richie motors till you have some time to learn how to tune a motor.

You can build it yourself and by using the GT spring it will strip the servo gears.

I get 7-8 minutes out of tank.You will have no problems.
Old 07-12-2002, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

RCKID

1. you asked this question on the HPI site and 4 people answered you

2. Yes... his motors are Roar Legal.....Probably more powerful then most people can handle. If it is your first Nitro car then I suggest not wasting your money on one of them.

3. If you know what you are doing then it is easy to build..if you don't know how to build the car then you are in trouble

4. The Stock JR servo is OK... but I suggest a High Torque, High Speed Servo. JR's I have been told are the best. Alot of people I race with use KO to JR

5. Push is when you go into a turn and the car will not turn... either you need to go to a lighter spring in the front or a stiffer spring in the rear. Or change to a softer foam tire in the front or drive the car differently. My friend drives my serpent and he said it pushes but to me it does not. It all depends on your driving style.

6. After Run Oil is a must, You need Fuel, Glo Plug, Glow Plug Charger,

Last edited by mike_Webb; 07-16-2002 at 01:37 PM.
Old 07-12-2002, 09:25 PM
Tech Initiate

oh no, i am VERY good at rc cars and have LOTS of experience , those questions i asked ARE childish cause i wanted to be 100% sure thats why i also asked them on the hpi forum, just to be certain, but everything else is going to be ok i suppose, and building it WILL be easy i suppose?

but until monday morning i am yet to find out, and also cause the gt spring will strip the servos gears ill just attach ANOTHER servo saver on the servo it self which will save the gears

n e ways thanks u guys

i have 11 nitro cars in 3 yrs. of experience so.........
i know lots
thanks for lal the info
Old 07-12-2002, 11:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by RCKID

i have 11 nitro cars in 3 yrs. of experience so.........
i know lots
thanks for lal the info
they were all rtr

if you build any way you type (constantly saying lol and stupid smiles) then your going to have trouble (shouldnt even be getting one, you dont even adjust your cars, just jumping the band wagon because you got beat by one)

Old 07-13-2002, 12:35 AM
Tech Initiate

duratrax street force nitro
traxxas tmaxx - fully metal conversion and .21 engine
emaxx-electrics suck, i got bored of it and through it in the closet
a nitro rs4
a electrc micro rs4- gayest rc car i ever had, tyco is better, HONESt
a inferno mp6 sports
a inferno tr-15
a nitro stampede
hpi nitro mt

hmm?
im missing a few?
i forgot them?
lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.