Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2002, 12:27 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I just got back from running at the nats, and using the GH chassis there...

I have had no problem with it. I agree with Craig...

Craig:

Did you see that Timmy beat the GS sponsored driver???
Old 06-30-2002, 01:03 PM
Tech Adept

You guys did pretty good for your first National race.What happened to your car in the main? It sucks that Team Associated didn't win but Ralph Burch is had to beat in a long race.
Old 06-30-2002, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by OB42TC3
Get one or get out of the way. My prediction 10/10 in the A at Cincy will be NTC3s.

Looks like you were close 5 of 10- but like I said, it wasn't the car - take those same 5 and put them in a serpent or reflex or yokomo and they probably would've been right there.

Originally posted by OB42TC3

There are still a few Serpents making it; but that's with factory drivers at the wheel, and they still don't win.

[/B]
Check the results.

Maybe now people can cut out this nonsense that belt driven cars can't win anymore.

Also - based on my interpretation of the nationals - the nonsense arguments that absolute speed wins over durability is out the window for any race longer than 5-10 minutes.

NTC3 - great car. Popular car. Fast car - might be the fastest. Dominant to the point where driving skills aren't the determining factor? Nope. Not yet...
Old 06-30-2002, 04:03 PM
Tech Adept

You are only half right.At a event like that they are all great drivers.Ralph Burch is a known gas racer and that helped in a 45 minute main.But when Cliff Lett makes the A you have to ask your self maybe the car is really that good.Remember he doesn't race regularly,he's a great driver but he has spent his time designing and help with setups.It was a good win for Serpent,but I think if you give Associated a year to play with the car.They would have more ideas to pull from the bag of tricks and would have had a win." You can't win without a great car and no great car can win without a great driver" Good Job to all of the guys at Associated!
Old 06-30-2002, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

Associated did do a great job - putting 5 factory guys in the A means something.
Old 06-30-2002, 07:18 PM
Tech Initiate

I thought Associated did a great job. Consider this - It was Easton, Pavidas, Blockstock's and Cliff's first actual gas sedan race. According to Cliff none of those have ever driven more than 5 min before in an actual race, Barry was the only experiance gas racer.

When you look at the top 3 Burch, Berry and Cyrul - those guys are all veteran gas racers in 1/8 scale and have driven in many 1 hour mains. Hats off to thier level of experience.

No matter what I am still staying with my NTC3 because it is a great car.

BTW - I did notice that Cliff's car had the gas tank lid mod done to it - makes ya wonder uh !!!!!
Old 06-30-2002, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I did the mod as well to mine and yeah it works better.We just finished a Can Am race here and it went well with two NTC3' taking TQ I being the TQ and a sponsored driver being second although a Serpent won the main I would say it's not the car it is the driver(mind you the car really makes a difference with a good driver)
Old 06-30-2002, 10:39 PM
Tech Master

does anyone know if there is a picture of the tank mod here withing this thread? I'd like to see what it looks like.

Thanks
Old 07-01-2002, 04:22 AM

I talked with Cliff about the tank and why his tank had the pressure tap on top. His first response was "public pressure"; he said it was the new tank that will be coming out for the NTC3 and RC10GT. However he did say that he would rather be running the old style chicken hopper design for tuning consistency, that the real problem with that design is that people just don't do the pressure line wrap correctly. I personally know that I was finishing my 5 minutes with at least 15 cc left in the tank with the lid tap. I may go back and try the old style now, although a bigger issue that may exist is that the fuel filter stone doesn't go to the bottom of the tank either, pulling air bubbles?
Old 07-01-2002, 05:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Talking NTC3 vs. the WORLD!!!

Man-I try so hard to stay out of this stuff, but I like my NTC3 so far. Ony two race weekends on it and I am running pretty quick with it and its really easy to drive!!! Almost too easy!!! Awesome brakes that dont fade a bit in 20 minutes. SOmetimes I think they get better as the run goes on!!!

So anybody that comes onto a thread made for NTC3 owners to claim superiority-stay away!!! Please !!!!

Now if your a NTC3 owner who wants to complain about something (like worthless stock bumpers or lack of turn in, etc. go right on ahead and lets work on it)!!!
Old 07-01-2002, 06:53 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: NTC3 vs. the WORLD!!!

Originally posted by rayhuang

So anybody that comes onto a thread made for NTC3 owners to claim superiority-stay away!!! Please !!!!

Hey Ray - it's not the serious man- it's all in fun. I've been on this thread for a while and I haven't seen anyone come on this thread and claim superiority. I am a NTC3 owner - have owned up to 3 at one time in the last 3 months - but now I'm down to 1. I own 3 other makes of nitro cars and I don't go on any thread claiming any one of them is superior because it's so silly to me.

What I have seen is a few NTC3 owners posting all over the internet about how superior and dominant the car is. Some are even posting on other boards that belt cars can't make the A anymore. I've posted several times that the NTC3 is a great car, and stock to stock may be the fastest car - but when I say the car is not heads and shoulders over everything else so much so that the car makes a driver instead of the other way around that IS NOT claiming superiority. I'm just trying to offer a OBJECTIVE perspective to anyone who is investigating the car so people can make informed decisions. My perspective is truly objective because I own several makes of pro cars including ntc3 and don't get so caught up in brand loyalty or bandwagons that it blinds me to the capabilities of any one car.

If when I was first starting out there were more informed, objective posts in each vehicle thread instead of every thread touting their car is better than all the rest then I could have probably saved myself some $$$ and time experimenting with them.

So having said that I can tell some NTC3 fans do not like to hear a fellow NTC3 owner with an opinion other than that the car is 10 times better than anything else out there so I will cease and desist on this thread unless it's of technical nature - real life bears out what I'm saying so there's no need for me to keep stating it.

Last edited by patelladragger; 07-01-2002 at 07:22 AM.
Old 07-01-2002, 07:28 AM
Tech Champion

Talking

Patella, no problem my man. I wasn't picking anyone out of the crowd to assault!!!

Yeah-I too cannot stand that _My car is better than this car stuff-though I am sure I have stated opinions much like that in the past!!!

Anyways- has anyone tested back to back with the stock RE exhaust and the Dual Chamber? Whats were your results. I need to buy another pipe for a spare (in case I get T-boned!!!) and want to know which pipe to get. I'd get both if I could afford it, but I cannot so please help!!!
Old 07-01-2002, 07:31 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: NTC3 vs. the WORLD!!!

Originally posted by patelladragger

Hey Ray - it's not the serious man- it's all in fun. I've been on this thread for a while and I haven't seen anyone come on this thread and claim superiority. I am a NTC3 owner - have owned up to 3 at one time in the last 3 months - but now I'm down to 1. I own 3 other makes of nitro cars and I don't go on any thread claiming any one of them is superior because it's so silly to me.

What I have seen is a few NTC3 owners posting all over the internet about how superior and dominant the car is. Some are even posting on other boards that belt cars can't make the A anymore. I've posted several times that the NTC3 is a great car, and stock to stock may be the fastest car - but when I say the car is not heads and shoulders over everything else so much so that the car makes a driver instead of the other way around that IS NOT claiming superiority. I'm just trying to offer a OBJECTIVE perspective to anyone who is investigating the car so people can make informed decisions. My perspective is truly objective because I own several makes of pro cars including ntc3 and don't get so caught up in brand loyalty or bandwagons that it blinds me to the capabilities of any one car.

If when I was first starting out there were more informed, objective posts in each vehicle thread instead of every thread touting their car is better than all the rest then I could have probably saved myself some $$$ and time experimenting with them.

So having said that I can tell some NTC3 fans do not like to hear a fellow NTC3 owner with an opinion other than that the car is 10 times better than anything else out there so I will cease and desist on this thread unless it's of technical nature - real life bears out what I'm saying so there's no need for me to keep stating it.

you got it right these are all good cars some better than others in some areas but it all come down to driver set up. a real racer will do well in what ever pro car they drive
Old 07-02-2002, 07:14 AM
Tech Champion

Default Setting up the starter box.

Nova

Well, I see the dual chamber pipe with a 1/4" cut off the manifold was the hot-set-up at Cincinnati, but they have a 230' long back straight.

Some people have asked about starter boxes and I just built a Dynamite Ready Start and the car fits in like a glove!! I just lost use of my digital camera for a month-so I cant post a pic-sorry. I was told by someone else that without modification this box works great and it does!!!

But I'll try and explain how I set it up.

1. I re-set motors sideways in box. Had to lengthen green wire to ground. I set it so wheel was in back half of slot in upper deck.
2. I used a 12 volt gell cell (7.5 Mah) and reversed the polarity to get motors to spin wheel left to right. Fit in like a glove.
3. I located rear of car first. I used supplied alignment posts and placed them at the furthest point back on chassis (behind rear A-arms). When looking down, the inside of the left rear tire should almost touch the starter box. That will center the starter wheel under the engines flywheel.
4. I located the front of the chassis with two alignment posts in the cut-out in the front of the NTC3 chassis, the one just beside the servo. Place them in-line with each other and very close. To be more exact-there are two sets of slots in the very center of the starter box. Use the slot on the right!!!

When you are done, the car should fit within the alignment posts very-very well. Mine just plops right down over and between all my posts and is perfectly over the starter wheel.

Ray
Old 07-02-2002, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

TANK AND BOX MODS GO HERE:

NTC3 TANK AND BOX MODS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.