Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

3racing F109

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 149 (100%+)

i didnt find anyone in the states that had the kit. I order mine from rc-mushroom and i was surprised on how long it took to arrive. I placed the order on a thursday night and received the kit the following wednesday. To me, that is fast shipping from accross the world...LOL

Originally Posted by daleepp
The F109 looks like a real nice car. Does anyone know if it's available to purchase in North America? Is here any distributor....mail order business ?

Thanks - Dale
Old 01-27-2010, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daleepp
The F109 looks like a real nice car. Does anyone know if it's available to purchase in North America? Is here any distributor....mail order business ?

Thanks - Dale
abe racing (www.abe-racing.com) will ship to the USA.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Edit

Last edited by sidecarphil1; 01-31-2010 at 12:44 AM.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

These guys usually cars the cars in stock, they should have a couple

http://www.harbor-hobby.net/ <<USA hobby shop
Old 01-27-2010, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

Just got the crc springs and retainers and looking at fitting and have a couple of questions:
firstly when looking at the rctech forum I cant see what the spring goes into on the chassis or do the springs just sit onto the chassis as I would have thought maybe the origional retainer could be reused?
Think I have the rest of it sussed as the crc plastic retainer goes up into the bulkhead and is held on the top by a screw that can be screwed up and down to adjust tweak?
also what springs seem the way to go..white? for asphelt medium grip
Thanks.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:01 PM
Tech Regular

No pics? Show us some of your projects.....
Old 01-28-2010, 04:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by malcnz
Just got the crc springs and retainers and looking at fitting and have a couple of questions:
firstly when looking at the rctech forum I cant see what the spring goes into on the chassis or do the springs just sit onto the chassis as I would have thought maybe the origional retainer could be reused?
Think I have the rest of it sussed as the crc plastic retainer goes up into the bulkhead and is held on the top by a screw that can be screwed up and down to adjust tweak?
Thanks.
Like the CRC 1/12 car, I just let them touch the pod plate directly. Otherwise, you have it. You can go pretty soft on asphalt, I would imagine. The 1/12 mod guys are known to use blue and orange at times, which is pretty soft. The side springs are more about how reactive the car is anyway.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:32 PM
Tech Master

Edit

Last edited by sidecarphil1; 01-31-2010 at 12:44 AM.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default F1-09 , my experience

I'm sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience with 3Racing products. As for the M05 gears I can't have any opinion as I've never used these. All I know is that RC car parts tend to break sometimes - even after, what it seems, minor crashes .. and that is independent of brand.

But for the F1-09 I must contradict you - this is one of the toughest cars I've ever owned! Locally there are +10 cars racing - and we have nothing but praise regarding the quality of the chassis & 3Racing parts. So my opinion is that this is a SUPER car, it's inexpensive and handling (with the CRC mod) is unsurpassed !
Old 01-30-2010, 03:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

+1 with Inzane

I race on a very small, tight, indoor carpet track (45' x 20'). Constantly banging the boards and walls hard, and so far, not a single problem. My HPI F10 on the other hand, and also my cup racer, not holding up as well as the 3 Racing, but parts break during all forms of racing, R/C as well as real racing.
It's my opinion that most breakage comes from being in the throttle when contact is made. Very few manufacturers products are going to hold up to even slight contact when throttle is still being applied. Sometimes it just can't be helped, but whenever possible try to anticipate the contact and release throttle before it, your cars and parts will hold up much longer.
Old 01-30-2010, 04:03 AM
Tech Master

The hole in the chassis is too close to the edge of the chassis I think that if I use the front hole and a longer reaction rod then I may not need a new chassis

I cannot believe such a small hit on the wall did so much damage

I will speak with my importer and see what happens
Old 01-30-2010, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

Weak F109's they sure are?

I lost mine on the banking doing over 30mph, done a 360 then slammed in to the inside wall, bounced back out to the track and was hit hard by a Serpent 733 at full chat, my F109 got thrown in to the air and landed only to be t-boned by a 13.5 Tourer.
733 had its nearside front wheel ripped of in the impact.
13.5 car ended up on its roof
My F109 ended up on its wheels, so i drove off, must have done another 15 laps of practice.
So yes, very weak F109 cos the nose cone got ripped.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:33 AM
Tech Master

well here you go as promised photos

this was a light touch with a wall , it is strange as every one tells me they are really strong

Last edited by sidecarphil1; 01-31-2010 at 12:47 AM.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by malcnz
Thanks.
Yes to the retainer holding the spring and using a screw to adjust the tweak. At the moment i have the spring sitting straight onto the chassis as the original pieces were a bit small for the springs to sit on. I have the soft spring fitted but havent tried it yet.
Will let you know
Old 01-30-2010, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InZane
I'm sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience with 3Racing products. As for the M05 gears I can't have any opinion as I've never used these. All I know is that RC car parts tend to break sometimes - even after, what it seems, minor crashes .. and that is independent of brand.

But for the F1-09 I must contradict you - this is one of the toughest cars I've ever owned! Locally there are +10 cars racing - and we have nothing but praise regarding the quality of the chassis & 3Racing parts. So my opinion is that this is a SUPER car, it's inexpensive and handling (with the CRC mod) is unsurpassed !
inzane, can you tell me what crc parts u upgraded to your car ? how many part # is there. i dont have a crc but want to do the upgrade to myf109 so i dont want to miss any parts on the order, thanks

as for the weak chassis, so far mines is ok. i have had some crashes but no real big ones. one guy at my club broke his f109 chassis, but it was a hard hit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.