Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T1FK05

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 02:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks guys. Think I'm going to wait to attack it when i really need to, like when i get the 3mm chassis. Its going to be hard to get that one out i know the other ones that i took out you when you turn it you hear a crack then it comes lose like there in there good. wish there was a quick fix for that. I will be getting a 2mm wrench now..
Old 06-16-2005, 02:57 PM
Tech Regular

I have had success superglue-ing the allen driver into the stripped screw head. After a couple times with stripped screw heads I learned to just not overtighten those screws.
Old 06-16-2005, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I changed out all the silver allen screws to hpi screws. The silver screws for some reason are too soft even for my new Hudy 2.0mm allen wrench.
Old 06-17-2005, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teamgp
I agree. Although I wouldn't call others who disagree stupid.
He didn't say THEY were stupid - he said, he thought doing that tuning option was stupid. BIG difference. Especially, with the "sensitivity" levels on this forum. Anyway, I totally agree with you. A flexing car/chassis can be very unpredictable.

Last edited by kewdawg; 06-17-2005 at 07:01 AM.
Old 06-17-2005, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kewdawg
He didn't say THEY were stupid - he said, he thought doing that tuning option was stupid. BIG difference. Especially, with the "sensitivity" levels on this thread.
Now I thought the rule was "stupid is, as stupid does." So if I do something stupid, then I'm stupid, though maybe only temporarily so. <== like this

And I am sensitive! Sensitive enough to ask Tito for a tissue...
Old 06-17-2005, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Now I thought the rule was "stupid is, as stupid does." So if I do something stupid, then I'm stupid, though maybe only temporarily so. <== like this

Words are everything, here, man. I changed the word thread to forum, because this "sensitive" thing, runs rampant throughout. You gotta' be careful not to step on anyone's "daisies", around here.
Old 06-17-2005, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
I had my car pretty dialed on high bite asphalt last weekend. I was using the 2.5mm chassis, wide topdeck with all 4 posts. I tried with no posts and it was unpredictable on power in the turns. So I tried all 4 and it was much, much better and way more consistent.

I also agree with Mdoc. You can shave .2 off each lap with all the tuning parts but if you have a 4 second wreck it was all pointless.
...you mean using the stock chasses with the aftermarket wide upper deck? ...I was thinking of trying that.
Old 06-17-2005, 06:57 PM
Tech Champion

all i wanna know is, Whos Tito?
Old 06-17-2005, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MartynD
Whats a set of bulkheads cost? Think they are around $180 cdn. Removing screws from the bulkhead is STUPID if you have a tendency to hit immovable objects from time to time. I've seen one set of bent bulkheads caused by following the Tip outlined on the XRay website, and then during normal racing coming into contact with something. The driver that did it, is one of the top drivers in the GTA (Toronto area)

Find other ways to add more flex.....
You have to understand where the information is coming from.
This is done by TEAM members to give them an advantage.
You do this at your own risk. Team members may break whatever they want, it doesn't cost them anything. However, if the mod gives them an edge, they don't care.
On the other hand, if they did not release this information, we would be bitching about how they do not release their setups.
Xray is damned if they do and damned if they don't.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by punkboy
all i wanna know is, Whos Tito?
I think he is the brother of some loser that just got off the hook..
Old 06-18-2005, 03:00 AM
Tech Addict

any shops got the 2.0 chassis in stock?
Old 06-18-2005, 04:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Set-Up

Hey,

I am looking for a general good set-up for a free flowing track not many tite corners about a 50meter straight and also a 25 meter one any one have a idea of spring choice, toe, camber, piston holes...ect

Thankyou Davo
Old 06-18-2005, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by howard hudson
I think he is the brother of some loser that just got off the hook..
Are you saying YOUR judicial system doesn't work? Or, are you easily influenced by the media? I believe the phrase is: Innocent until... , right? Let's just keep it r/c and leave the VERY RICH "loser" to himself. I'm sure he wouldn't have to budget his r/c racing, like so many of us do.
Old 06-18-2005, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by kewdawg
Are you saying YOUR judicial system doesn't work?YES Or, are you easily influenced by the media?NO ! I believe the phrase is: Innocent until... YOU HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO BUY THE JURY, right? Let's just keep it r/c and leave the VERY RICH "loser" to himself. I'm sure he wouldn't have to budget his r/c racing, like so many of us do.
MUST BE A FAN !!!
Old 06-18-2005, 06:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by howard hudson
MUST BE A FAN !!!
Not even. Personally, I think he's a total freak, but he still deserves a fair trial.

Last edited by kewdawg; 06-18-2005 at 07:11 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.