Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered! >

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2021, 11:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Tracks Available in SG

Hi all,

I am new here and would like to know what are some circuits available in Singapore? I found some old RC at home and thought of going to have some fun.

Thank you in advance.
Old 07-05-2021, 02:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jake.evo
Hi all,

I am new here and would like to know what are some circuits available in Singapore? I found some old RC at home and thought of going to have some fun.

Thank you in advance.
Wanna tell everyone what you have in the first place? Easier to advise.
Old 08-09-2021, 12:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Why is my brushless 7200 kv motor overheating so fast

I go a new motor and tried it out without putting in my car and I held for like 15 sec and it was burning my hand when I set it down. It heats up really fast is there a reason for this
Old 08-09-2021, 04:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Offroadrcracer
I go a new motor and tried it out without putting in my car and I held for like 15 sec and it was burning my hand when I set it down. It heats up really fast is there a reason for this
Your text not very clear. You held yr motor in yr hand. What's the definition of very hot? Motors heat up when used. If you want to see if it's something wrong or not, you need to take its temperature. Unless you're sure what's the temp by feel.
Old 09-23-2021, 07:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Hobbywing's brushless motors should be of stable quality. Most of the brush motors come from several factories in China, and their appearance is different. There is a Chinese brand called Tigerdog, which looks okay.
Old 08-18-2022, 09:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Kyosho Optima motor question

I have two original Optimas, one belted with brushless running gear and one chain drive I'd like to keep brushed. The chain drive I want to keep brushed has a Novak NER-2S receiver and Rooster Reversible ESC. I would prefer to use an older motor. This car has many modern upgrades and some original upgrades like the hardened final pinion and the OT-74 Limiter Gear Set. I am also using a 3D printed gear set. Its a complete ground-up resto-mod, so pretty much every part that was original is bagged and tagged and replaced with new either kyosho rere parts or new 3rd party aftermarket parts, including the sway bars, turnbuckles, screws, chain guides and servo saver which I modified for greater steering angle.
So I am stuck with a question. I used to run a Kyosho Option House 240WS that got me many a first place wins in the late 80s, but it burned up in a 🔥fire🔥!
I now do not know which motor to put in the car.
I would probably prefer to put a newer motor in it as not to harm my older motors but i do have the rear motor guards so i guess its not that big a deal to use original motors. I have a new Speed Mind 13turn that could work (thinking of getting one a little higher turn like a 16t or higher maybe. I have a newish 15×2 Orion Method SV2. My older motors I've picked out include a Trinity Oval Blast, A 17t×2 Team Checkpoint, a green label Team Associated Competition Off Road Stock motor, and the Twister Red Label with silver lettering or Twister Silver Label with red lettering.
All the motors have been cleaned, proper new brushes per motor, commutators lathed, and magnets have good gauss.
I am not opposed to getting another motor but so far I haven't got the wife on board with me getting a used 240WS as the prices when found are a little steep and I don't have an idea of what else available in the market today would be a good choice.
If you have an idea maybe even pinion gear advice for motors I do have that would also be great.
If anyone has ANY advice it would be GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thank you in advance for even taking the time to read this query.

☆Maturity is the regaining of the seriousness we all had as children at play!☆

Last edited by O.G.R.C.; 08-18-2022 at 09:21 AM.