Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered! >

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Like Tree1Likes

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Old 08-29-2013, 11:04 PM
  #4486  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 85
Default

Hi i am interested in getting a 1/10 EP RC monster truck (traxxas son uva digger from amazon) or a kyosho kobra buggy (RCmart).
the monser truck comes with battery and charger while the kobra do not.
Which one has more parts readily available?
And which one is more recommended?
jason1980 is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 11:51 PM
  #4487  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (10)
 
adrictan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,234
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jason1980
Hi i am interested in getting a 1/10 EP RC monster truck (traxxas son uva digger from amazon) or a kyosho kobra buggy (RCmart).
the monser truck comes with battery and charger while the kobra do not.
Which one has more parts readily available?
And which one is more recommended?
Getting a HPI Savage might be better if you are looking for local parts support.
adrictan is offline  
Old 09-06-2013, 08:47 PM
  #4488  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1
Default

Drift tracks in singapore anywhere active ones on weekends where they allow any kind of chassis not much restriction reply quick T^T
Nakano is offline  
Old 09-10-2013, 06:15 AM
  #4489  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 3
Default 17mm hex conversion

Hi All,

Any idea where to get a 17mm hex conversion for my Vaterra Glamis Uno?
The wheel hex is 12mm and the rim needs 17mm.

I tried calling the rc shop but they don't sell them.
kingofkinks is offline  
Old 09-21-2013, 08:53 PM
  #4490  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1
Default Aluminum wheels tt01

Hey there guys ! I was trying to search for aluminium wheels for my tt01 & it was hard to find so does anyone knows or would like to sell it to me please text me at 93232947
Farhannnrazakkk is offline  
Old 09-28-2013, 06:28 AM
  #4491  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 85
Default

HI guys, i just ordered a HPI savage XS from towerhobbies.

Now i am hunting for a good 2S Lipo batteries preferably higher capacity for longer playtime, any recommendations

Also i found that many batteries from hobbyking do not come with deans plugs.

Can i just get an adapter to fix up the battery? Or where can i get the plugs changed to deans in Singapore?

I would also need a balance charger for the batteries so any recommendation is appreciated.
jason1980 is offline  
Old 10-12-2013, 05:20 PM
  #4492  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (10)
 
adrictan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,234
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jason1980
HI guys, i just ordered a HPI savage XS from towerhobbies.

Now i am hunting for a good 2S Lipo batteries preferably higher capacity for longer playtime, any recommendations

Also i found that many batteries from hobbyking do not come with deans plugs.

Can i just get an adapter to fix up the battery? Or where can i get the plugs changed to deans in Singapore?

I would also need a balance charger for the batteries so any recommendation is appreciated.
I would get any 2s lipo that you can find in any of the local shops. 5000mAh is fine. As per all electric, higher mAh in yr batt does not necessary equate longer runtime. You need to constantly check the temp of yr batt, ESC & motor to ensure they are not heating up too much.
Lipos are way better batteries but if u abuse them, they might explode.
Go to any of the local shops and purchase any lipo-compatible charger will do. Make sure it comes built-in balancing port.
Personally, I always balance charge my lipos.
You might want to learn some soldering. It's not too difficult to solder deans.
adrictan is offline  
Old 10-13-2013, 06:11 AM
  #4493  
Tech Apprentice
 
sm4100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 59
Default

I both few Nanopower 6600 from Hobby King they are awesome. Powerful, last long, hardly get warm and they are cheap. Can't go wrong with those.
sm4100 is offline  
Old 10-14-2013, 08:33 PM
  #4494  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 85
Default

Originally Posted by adrictan
I would get any 2s lipo that you can find in any of the local shops. 5000mAh is fine. As per all electric, higher mAh in yr batt does not necessary equate longer runtime. You need to constantly check the temp of yr batt, ESC & motor to ensure they are not heating up too much.
Lipos are way better batteries but if u abuse them, they might explode.
Go to any of the local shops and purchase any lipo-compatible charger will do. Make sure it comes built-in balancing port.
Personally, I always balance charge my lipos.
You might want to learn some soldering. It's not too difficult to solder deans.
Any ratings for the solder? I have a 40W soldering iron, I can solder but i do a ugly job of it.

Originally Posted by sm4100
I both few Nanopower 6600 from Hobby King they are awesome. Powerful, last long, hardly get warm and they are cheap. Can't go wrong with those.
Thanks for the recommendation
jason1980 is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 06:04 PM
  #4495  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 3
Default

I have got a TT 01 tamiya stock the sad thing is my kis players and got water splash during void deck playing the electronics got wet , I have actually removed everything and open up the RX and ESC drying up but only the servo is working and the TX set to the other mode on throttle can only go reverse on normal mode the car dun run forward ,the problem is the servo is directly solder onto the ESC , and the ESC keeps blinking ,still cannot figured out is it the ESC or the RX, does Stargek sell any replacement any other shop to recommened or should I order from hobby king ? The motor I have check confirm working , but what is the ESC I should use for brush? And should I change to brushless what spec of brushless I must use?

Any kind drifter can help me out pm me ur number or what's app me
Peter 97895334
pcyl is offline  
Old 12-01-2013, 10:41 PM
  #4496  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 65
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile Meet and Drift

i wish to get a speed passion motor and reventon esc combo for my ta06 pro.Would like to ask what type will be suitable for above average recreational playing...thanks

Last edited by marvintba; 12-03-2013 at 06:21 PM.
marvintba is offline  
Old 12-02-2013, 01:14 AM
  #4497  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 8
Default Help on R/C Buggy

Hi , I am new to R/C. Am looking at getting one to trial and explore.

I am keen on buggys. Looking for an electronic version and ready assemble.

My buget is around $500-700.

The only ready model I have discovered is the Kyosho DBX VE 2.0 Brushless Buggy from HobbyLink.

Is this good enuff for a newbie?
Any other good recommendations.

Do advise...thanks folks :
drizzit71 is offline  
Old 12-05-2013, 10:16 PM
  #4498  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 8
Default Need help on Buggy pls...



hi, I am rather new to the r/c world and need some advise please.
am interested in getting an electric off -road buggy and for now am looking at an assemble ready out of the box version.

my budget is ard $500-700

so far I have only come across one such buggy from HobbyLink
"Kyosho DBX VE 2.0 Brushless Buggy"

Is this a good choice? Anyone kind enough to recommend or advise futher.
Much appricated

[email protected]
drizzit71 is offline  
Old 12-15-2013, 11:16 AM
  #4499  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 31
Default

Originally Posted by drizzit71

hi, I am rather new to the r/c world and need some advise please.
am interested in getting an electric off -road buggy and for now am looking at an assemble ready out of the box version.

my budget is ard $500-700

so far I have only come across one such buggy from HobbyLink
"Kyosho DBX VE 2.0 Brushless Buggy"

Is this a good choice? Anyone kind enough to recommend or advise futher.
Much appricated

[email protected]
Hey there buddy, in my opinion I would tell u it is an awsome start. U will never regret it.. Of course there are other better ones but either they are 200-300 SGD more from your maximum budget or they are kits version. So, this is an awsome start and u will witness it for yourself. Just get good lipo batteries and your are good to go. The more C ratings the more performance, the more MAH longer play time. Have fun mate... :-)
VeGaaH is offline  
Old 12-16-2013, 02:09 AM
  #4500  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1
Default

I got some questions regarding drifting:

1) what is double drift tyres?
2) when do we use double drift tyres?
3) which one is better for drifting, normal drfit tyre or double drift tyres?

Thanks.
Regards,
Mic
miclts12 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.