Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T1FK05

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 08:13 AM
Tech Master

How much you want for the old bulkheads?

If your selling 'em...PM me
Old 06-06-2005, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MartynD
Well I am chewing up blades running the mutli-diff as a one-way. Though I run the car alot (2 nights and 1 full day a week) I have been replacing blades every 2 weeks since I went from the ball diff to the multi-diff. I run 19T and stock.
I'm eating up blades too. Went through eight of them over the Reedy weekend
Old 06-06-2005, 09:46 AM
Tech Regular

Here is the email I sent to RC America:

It was only my second trip to the track with my new ’05 and another racer jumped a board and hit my hood in the air head-on and busted the front bulkhead where the shock tower screws in. Is my only option to spend $100 to get all 4 bulkheads when all I really need is the left front? If that is true it is ridiculous. This is my 4th Xray and I have never broken a bulkhead. The odds of me ever needing those other three bulkheads are miniscule.
What are my options?

Thanks, Brian

Here is a picture: http://www.qwiglee.com/images/rc/xbroke01.jpg

Here is the response:

Dear Brian,
Unfortunately there is no option at this present time except to purchase the entire bulkhead set. Obviously this is not something that happens all the time. The part number is 30 2002. Sorry about the inconvenience but most likely the other side could possibly be bent. I would also check the shock tower to make sure the layers are not split in any way.

Regards,

Mike Dumas
Old 06-06-2005, 01:00 PM
Tech Initiate

I had a similar problem at Don Valley last year, I got spun out and went backwards into the boards, it twisted the rear bulkhead so bad it looked like an S from the side
I tried everything right down to sending Mario a pm and was told in no uncertain terms I would have to buy a full set of bulkheads as they were made in sets of 4
the only option you have really is to by the full set and try and sell the other 3 and hope there is someone else out there as unfortunate as you (who has damaged a different one)
Old 06-06-2005, 01:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey Qwiglee on that bulkhead situation! you need to thank Captain Hook for that !
Old 06-06-2005, 11:37 PM
Tech Adept

I realize no car is perfect out of the box, but it seems the Xray needs more than other cars aftermarket parts/option parts in order to be successful. How good is the car out of the box, and what seem to be the most effective and useful option parts, as well as spare parts?
Old 06-06-2005, 11:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by aviaar
I realize no car is perfect out of the box, but it seems the Xray needs more than other cars aftermarket parts/option parts in order to be successful.
May I ask how you came to that conclusion?
This car rips even with the basic setup that comes with the kit.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aviaar
I realize no car is perfect out of the box, but it seems the Xray needs more than other cars aftermarket parts/option parts in order to be successful. How good is the car out of the box, and what seem to be the most effective and useful option parts, as well as spare parts?
The car needs nothing in order to run better than other cars. Don't get me started on how many improvements other cars need in order to be just reliable, let alone be competitive.

If you came to your conclusion due to the fact that Xray offers a ton of options this is simply because each racer prefers a little bit of different handling behavior and with the use of these options you could achieve the difference you are looking for...

I think that the FK05 is excellent out of the box..

Now regarding useful spare parts I canīt think of any as I have not broken anything yet (after more than 20 runs). As an option, just for easy of use, I would recomend the c.f. battery brace and if you donīt like the shocks, you may change them with TAMIYA shocks.. I do admit that the shocks are the only bad thing about this car..
Old 06-07-2005, 01:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goop
i have my stock 2.5mm chassis im willing to sell

I have PM'ed you
Old 06-07-2005, 01:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by John Doucakis
you may change them with TAMIYA shocks.. I do admit that the shocks are the only bad thing about this car..
I agree on the shocks, it's not that Xray shocks are bad it's just that TRF shocks
are better IMHO. HPI shocks are also great but purple will not look good on my xray so I stick with the Blue TRF shocks Wish Xray will design a new shock which will be similar in construction with the TRF/HPI and retain the clicker system and use this as standard for the next generation kits and leave the existing design on Serpent cars
Old 06-07-2005, 06:53 AM
Tech Regular

I can think of only one thing absolutely neccessary to purchase with the car..

1 pr spring steel axle hubs for the front.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I haven't run my car yet but i used to run a tc4 , the xray has loads more quality in the box, no slop and a lot more quality parts. Only thing to me that you need to get are the alum shock bodies (i cross threaded mine by accident ), you don't really need them unless you can't get the shock collar on properly like me . Other than that you don't really need anything else except maybe tuning bits like springs and castor blocks .

Charles
Old 06-07-2005, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

Hey, I got an FK05 myself, and listening to fellow racers who have the car already, and reading from your posting, I'll have to agree that only really needed upgrades are the steel axles for the front end, and aluminum shock bodies. I am suprised that Xray never included them in the kit before.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

-Rubberneck bumper
Old 06-07-2005, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rc_bam226
Hey, I got an FK05 myself, and listening to fellow racers who have the car already, and reading from your posting, I'll have to agree that only really needed upgrades are the steel axles for the front end, and aluminum shock bodies. I am suprised that Xray never included them in the kit before.

maybe they will be included in the next fk05team edition? or whatever the new "FK" will be called.

there are heaps of new option parts that i recon will be included in a team kit. my question is,
"WHEN DO YOU GUYS RECON XRAY WILL RELEASE A TEAM KIT EDITION OF THE 05?"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.