Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 05:11 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by wcoyote
Thanks for the info Randy. So far the build is going well. No issues yet.
If you need a quicker response you can always send PM, I check them often.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by wcoyote
Got the main chassis together. Getting ready to install the electronics and trying to figure out what gearing I should use w/ the stock orange spur. I know this is old stuff, but I have a choice between a B&R Bullet, Mr R and the Mr T series for motors. I'm just looking for a ballpark estimate since I'm only worried about getting the ESC too hot. My Mr T is a 12T quad, B&R I think is 24T, and the Mr R is either a 14T or a 16T. Thanks for the help.
The Bullet is a stock 27 turn motor. But fi I remember right its either 30 deg or 40 deg timing. Man! That motor is from back in my earlier days LOL

Brant
Old 04-26-2004, 06:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

racenut123- not all of us feel the same way yes the traction wasent great and the track prep was pretty bad but all in all it was fun which is what we are suppose to be doing this for in the first place. All of use in Sacramento know we do have a very special place to race and it isnt fair to compare speedworld to a parking lot. Its weird because there are those of use that race at speedworld that were just complaing last week on how speedworld didnt have any traction and billy needed to spray. After running sat those of use that run in sac were reminded on how lucking we really are!
Old 04-26-2004, 07:26 PM
Tech Regular

Default SQUAT???

I was just wondering how to change the squat on my car, and what changing it will do??
Thanks for the info,
Buddy B
Old 04-26-2004, 07:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by bigdog
racenut123- not all of us feel the same way yes the traction wasent great and the track prep was pretty bad but all in all it was fun which is what we are suppose to be doing this for in the first place. All of use in Sacramento know we do have a very special place to race and it isnt fair to compare speedworld to a parking lot. Its weird because there are those of use that race at speedworld that were just complaing last week on how speedworld didnt have any traction and billy needed to spray. After running sat those of use that run in sac were reminded on how lucking we really are!
Actually, our Bay Area parking lots can be pretty special when it's 75-80 degrees here as opposed to something like 100 degrees in Roseville. However, most special, has to be the event organizers and racers of both areas (oops! And Stockton...and Gilroy...and Salinas).

Thanks for making me think about this guys.
Old 04-26-2004, 09:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Re: Sheldons

Originally posted by racenut123
While I thoroughly agree that Sheldons needed to prep the track better{power wash and spray more soda for traction} you have to give them credit for trying.Brendan the race director has no experience and is pretty young.He tried his best imo.Hobbytown Newark has been at this parking lot thing awhile.They have the track prep down and the layout is always pretty good.But before any more remarks on "bay area tracks" in comparison to Speedworld,remember its apples and oranges.Purpose built track to parking lot track.Enjoy it while its open Sacramento because all good things come to an end eventually.

Last edited by STLNLST; 04-26-2004 at 09:36 PM.
Old 04-26-2004, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Receiver Pack

Hey XXX-S faithfuls got a question for you. I ordered up a mini receiver pack from promatch to run on my sedan to help during extreme power surges and to give a little extra runtime.

My question is if that plugs into the battery slot, do you then plug your personal transponder into channel 3?

Also, do I have to run two switches? One for the speedo and one for the receiver pack?

Okay, I lied, that was two questions. Thanks for the help!

racer-oZ
Old 04-26-2004, 09:29 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by bigdog

Last edited by STLNLST; 04-26-2004 at 09:36 PM.
Old 04-26-2004, 09:38 PM
Tech Elite

I think Bigdog was quite eloquent in his response.Glad your back to a car you can depend upon Dujuan!

I guess this is where we drop it or where I bow out and discontinue on the subject. BTW when is Speedworld Cup?
Old 04-26-2004, 09:40 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Default Re: Receiver Pack

Originally posted by racer-oZ
Hey XXX-S faithfuls got a question for you. I ordered up a mini receiver pack from promatch to run on my sedan to help during extreme power surges and to give a little extra runtime.

My question is if that plugs into the battery slot, do you then plug your personal transponder into channel 3?

Also, do I have to run two switches? One for the speedo and one for the receiver pack?

Okay, I lied, that was two questions. Thanks for the help!

racer-oZ
Run the RX pack into the batt slot and your PT into slot 3. Always leave the switch off on your ESC and only use the switch on the RX pack. If you turn both on, you'll need a new RX.
Old 04-26-2004, 09:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That's what I love about rctech, I can post a question and get an answer 12 minutes later! Thanks Randy

I think I have got it down, but in followup, so if I turn both switches on it fries my receiver I'm guessing because it puts double the power to the receiver. Okay, so the receiver battery powers both the speedo and the servo. How long do you think I can get in runs with a 160mah receiver pack before needing to be recharged?

racer-oZ
Old 04-26-2004, 10:01 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

When you flip on the RX pack it will feed power thru the ESC signal wires to power the ESC rather than the ESC powering the RX. You should be able to get like 3 runs, but I'd be safe rather than sorry and go a max of 2.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by racenut123
BTW when is Speedworld Cup?
The Speedworld Challenge Cup is June 19th and 20th with a practice day on the 18th. See www.speedworldraceway.com.

The Norcal Touring Car Challenge (final race) gets to SW on June 5. Good warmup! http://www.norcalchallenge.com

Last edited by JRX-S Bill; 04-26-2004 at 10:19 PM.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:38 PM
Tech Adept

Shock Length

Just getting ready to build the shocks on my new G+ and am wondering what shock length I should shoot for front and rear ? I'm measuring my shocks with Losi's shock matching tool....
Old 04-26-2004, 10:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

how are you going to be adjusting your droop? if you are doing the droop with shock length then just adjust them to the length you need for the correct amount of droop you desire. if you are using the screws just make them long enough to get the amount of droop with the screws. make sure they are even though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.