Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JACO tire news

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 04:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

We do plan on making them, but are so busy with the sedans and 1/12 that it would be difficult to keep up. Don't worry about the size, they will be faster no matter what.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Purple 2 Stage in the Front, White Regular in the Rear......is what Peter ran....

Later EddieO
Old 10-19-2005, 08:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Jack you are making some great tires for sedan. I ran my 2 stage tonight. Right of the package at 2.5. I noticed a difference on the first practice lap. My fastest lap on the same layout was 11.3. I was able to get a 11.19. They do feel faster.

I will be running these from now on.

Great product. I am just a club racer also. Very pleased.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Great! I'm glad to hear it. I hope they continue to work well for you.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sushi Boy
I think about 64mm???????
That sounds about right, thanks!
Old 10-20-2005, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

yes i ran 2-stage purple fronts, and regular white rears. i tried the two stage rear tires and turned my fastest lap 3rd round qualifying with them, but the whites were more consistent.

i also glued both the outside and the inside of the fronts... if that helps.

Jack- you have PM
Old 10-20-2005, 11:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
yes i ran 2-stage purple fronts, and regular white rears. i tried the two stage rear tires and turned my fastest lap 3rd round qualifying with them, but the whites were more consistent.

i also glued both the outside and the inside of the fronts... if that helps.

Jack- you have PM
Peter,

I was going to ask you at vegas but I got side tracked trying to make sure I got myself into the A also LOL. After breaking my radio and having other problems I was lucky to do that.

I run the t-bar car which to me always has more push in it than the spring cars. I'd think the 2 stage rears in the compound they currently have would come closer to working in the spring car than the t-bar car, but that's just my observation.

I do know the 2 stages worked great in mod 12th, but I never got that rear to work for stock in a high bite situation with my t-fource.

Thanks for the info,

Michael Skeen
Old 10-20-2005, 11:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Michael-at least on the Speedmerchants, I/we would run softer rears on that car than a t-bar car to keep them consistent deeper into the run. In other words-so they wouldnt get @$$y at end of run. btw-congrats on your A-Main at Vegas!! I know-kind of late!!

See you at The Halloween Classic? btw-these tires are legal at our race HA!!
Old 10-20-2005, 12:18 PM
Tech Master

mike i might be able to help you on this one i dont know if peter has ever ran franks t plate car .. but i ran purple two stage in the front at cleveland and the birds last year with grey rears (soft grey) everytime i tryed to run wrap rears the car was on edge for the first couple of laps then it came it but toward the end of the race the car had a push to it . i went to white rears first the car was good up front and throught the race but it just felt to stuck so i went to greys and it was goods off the start and had really good corner speed and never got loose. my lap times were faster with wraps in the rear but i could not drive as hard in the begining of the race . kind of like what peter said the car just felt more stable with whites or greys
Old 10-20-2005, 01:39 PM
Tech Regular

Quite interested in the 2 stage tyres.. but can someone tell me how's the new 2 stage 1/12 tyres are like compare to the normal Jaco tyres?

is the 2 stage front double pink pretty much the same as the normal front double pink?
and how about the rear 2 stage double pink?? how's it compare with the purple?

e.g. if i'm running double pink front and purple rear, and i switch to 2 stage double pink front and 2 stage double pink rear, will it be handling the same?

It's for outdoor asphalt mod if that makes a difference

Also, what sort of tyre diameter gives you the best performance? and what is the minimum diammeter that i should stop running? (i assume you can't run when the outer layer are all gone?)

Sorry for so many questions

Last edited by yellow15; 10-20-2005 at 02:05 PM.
Old 10-20-2005, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by smyka
mike i might be able to help you on this one i dont know if peter has ever ran franks t plate car .. but i ran purple two stage in the front at cleveland and the birds last year with grey rears (soft grey) everytime i tryed to run wrap rears the car was on edge for the first couple of laps then it came it but toward the end of the race the car had a push to it . i went to white rears first the car was good up front and throught the race but it just felt to stuck so i went to greys and it was goods off the start and had really good corner speed and never got loose. my lap times were faster with wraps in the rear but i could not drive as hard in the begining of the race . kind of like what peter said the car just felt more stable with whites or greys
Thanks Smyka.

I just ran purple and white reg. tires in vegas for 12th. I had to be real careful b/c it was SUPER edgy up front but good the rest of the race.

I ended up doping too little of the fronts in the main and it stayed flat, but my car pushed the whole race and I lost almost 2-3 tenths a lap as a result.
Live and learn I guess...

I'm going to try going to the 5 deg reactive blocks next time to see if that'll help with the car being on edge.

Thanks for the info,

Michael
Old 10-20-2005, 03:25 PM
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What are the sizes people are running their 2 stage 12th and TC foams at? Same as normal?
Old 10-20-2005, 05:13 PM
Tech Regular

completely wrong, everybody ran them on their touring cars, including drivers sponsored by TRC and parma.

and 99% of the CRC drivers did use the older single stage tires, except for me, and i TQ'ed by how much...? oh yea! 7 seconds...
...You left out the part where Dayger caught and passed you in the last round of qualifying, while on a pace to TQ by 4 seconds...then accidentally got punted by you coming onto the straightaway...
Old 10-20-2005, 05:22 PM
Tech Regular

nope, didnt win, had some help with that tho. the driver running in second thought it was 4th and 20 on decided to punt.
...You left out the part where you blew the infield sweeper, he drove under you and you tried to close the door and caused the wreck...and he waited for you. You also left out the part about all the times he checked up prior to that to avoid hitting you. Check out the video, it's all there.
Had you not dumped him to protect your TQ in the last round, he would have been on the pole, starting in front of you...and chances are that wreck wouldn't have ever happened in the main...
Besides, Dayger's not even big enough to be a kicker in Football. NFL rules state you must weigh atleast 100 pounds...
Old 10-20-2005, 05:36 PM
Tech Adept

Where can we check out the video?

I was at the IIC and was spectating live, it was a great race. I saw the attempted pass Dayger made and after hitting Peter he did stop... but he jumped back into the line when Frank passed him to take over the lead. If he had let Peter back by then, Peter might not have returned the favor late in the race when he drove through Dayger in the left side chicane coming onto the straight. I wasn't the only one watching from the sidelines that thought it was payback.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.