Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JACO tire news

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 07:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

why the hate???? Ya'll ain't from norcal.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

mike did you glue the front and rear tires ? i noticed with jack the gripper i have to wipe the tires off atlest 5 minutes earlier then paragon to let them air out a little more . try that
Old 10-21-2005, 10:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smyka
mike did you glue the front and rear tires ? i noticed with jack the gripper i have to wipe the tires off atlest 5 minutes earlier then paragon to let them air out a little more . try that
Smyka,

yeah I glued both front and rear tires.

with the gripper I only put it on for 2-3 minutes max if that and wiped it off immediately (about 10 min. before the run). Then I actually used a towel and squeezed the tire to get out all the compound. It seemed like jack the gripper soaks through the tire quicker than paragon.

Michael
Old 10-21-2005, 12:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

FYI. I just talked to ROAR and they made a ruling on the legality of the 2-stage tires last weekend at the executive committee meeting. The rule has been clarified so that the INTENT of the rule is clear. These tires ARE legal for ROAR competition.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:08 PM
Tech Regular

Jack,

That is very good to hear!!!
Old 10-21-2005, 04:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Jack,

Good job, i have regionals this weekend.

Chris
Old 10-21-2005, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Uh oh....looks like they're going to need to find a new reason to exclude them!!!
Old 10-21-2005, 11:33 PM
Tech Regular

anyone??

Originally Posted by yellow15
Quite interested in the 2 stage tyres.. but can someone tell me how's the new 2 stage 1/12 tyres are like compare to the normal Jaco tyres?

is the 2 stage front double pink pretty much the same as the normal front double pink?
and how about the rear 2 stage double pink?? how's it compare with the purple?

e.g. if i'm running double pink front and purple rear, and i switch to 2 stage double pink front and 2 stage double pink rear, will it be handling the same?

It's for outdoor asphalt mod if that makes a difference

Also, what sort of tyre diameter gives you the best performance? and what is the minimum diammeter that i should stop running? (i assume you can't run when the outer layer are all gone?)

Sorry for so many questions
Old 10-21-2005, 11:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Todd Putnam
...You left out the part where Dayger caught and passed you in the last round of qualifying, while on a pace to TQ by 4 seconds...then accidentally got punted by you coming onto the straightaway...
forgot the part when even after he passed me we were both still on TQ pace, and he slowed down. had to check that spur gear tooth count while trying to get back by.
Old 10-22-2005, 12:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RobertV
Where can we check out the video?

I was at the IIC and was spectating live, it was a great race. I saw the attempted pass Dayger made and after hitting Peter he did stop... but he jumped back into the line when Frank passed him to take over the lead. If he had let Peter back by then, Peter might not have returned the favor late in the race when he drove through Dayger in the left side chicane coming onto the straight. I wasn't the only one watching from the sidelines that thought it was payback.
it was payback, the whole crowd cheered too!
Old 10-22-2005, 12:31 AM
Tech Initiate

hey peter, did you forget you guys are on the same "team"? i wasnt there but in the video i think it is pretty clear that you blew the line, and you know as well as i do as fast as these cars are, he could'nt have missed you if he tried (and i know he would have). he did wait and basically hand the race over because of your mistake. i'm not usually one to get on a forum and get in the middle of one of these, but i race with dayger every week, and he is one of the cleanest drivers in the country and i know a number of people that would vouch for that. take a close look at the video, right around the 6 minute mark.

http://www.rc50.com/media/12thstock.ram

anyway, congrats on your tq and nice running at the IIC
good luck at cleveland
Old 10-22-2005, 06:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by yellow15
anyone??
Outdoor asphalt is actually the best surface for these tires. The double pink is the same compound for both tires, only the 2-stage get more bite. As far as diameter, it depends on what you are used to running and what works at a given track.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Windsorguy99
Uh oh....looks like they're going to need to find a new reason to exclude them!!!
No new reason needed, the decision will stand regardless of ROAR's ruling. They will more than likely be legal next year though.
Old 10-22-2005, 12:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hard to believe after helping somebody out in every way but building the car for him that he could disrespect me so poorly. If anyone watches the mains they would know I have been on the receiving end of situations far more than the giving end. Peter must have changed his mind after telling me after the race that he blew the corner anyways, oh well. In my mind I did what I was suppose to do even though it could not of been my fault. And that was stopping my car and taking myself out of contention for the win. If that's not enough, then I guess he will just sit there behind that computer and type some more about it on rctech.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:16 AM
Tech Adept

Besides, Dayger's not even big enough to be a kicker in Football. NFL rules state you must weigh atleast 100 pounds...
Oh my god, I almost wet my pants on that one.

I would not get too worked up Jeff, everyone can watch the video and see what you did or did not do. My only advice would be that if something like that ever happens again don't stop, keep driving.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.