Old 10-29-2015, 08:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SagadSetup
I found these:

http://www.exotekracing.com/sport-3-alloy-drive-shaft/

http://www.exotekracing.com/sport-3-spur-gear-mount/

http://www.exotekracing.com/aero-heatsink/

It's what I thought. i'm almost certain more upgrades will come out in the market.

Another observation is that the Sport 3 and the TCX have identical arms. If they do, it's another upgrade to the Sport 3 as well.
Also #1551 Clamping Hex
Attached Thumbnails HPI RS4 Sport 3-dsc_1330__66534.1442510563.1280.1280.jpg  
Old 10-29-2015, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeR
Also #1551 Clamping Hex
And that too!

Sorry I missed it!
Old 10-29-2015, 12:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Mistake?

So did I make a mistake buying a sport 3 as my first car for drift?
Old 10-29-2015, 12:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Camzie
So did I make a mistake buying a sport 3 as my first car for drift?
Well I would say not necessarily a mistake but the sport 3 is defiantly not the cheapest chassis, as far as drifting. The team magic drift car is way more bang for your buck but it's belt driven so not for the beginner, then there's the Sprint 2 drift, it's cheaper, shaft driven, and more aftermarket parts, but I would take to team magic drift car over the Sprint 2.

Oh and thank you sagadsetup I do appreciate that.
Old 10-29-2015, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Normajean
Well I would say not necessarily a mistake but the sport 3 is defiantly not the cheapest chassis, as far as drifting. The team magic drift car is way more bang for your buck but it's belt driven so not for the beginner, then there's the Sprint 2 drift, it's cheaper, shaft driven, and more aftermarket parts, but I would take to team magic drift car over the Sprint 2.

Anytime!
Old 10-30-2015, 09:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Aww man. Was really hoping I went in a good direction as my first. Guy at the hobby shop recommended it. Guess he's just up selling.
Old 10-30-2015, 10:45 AM
Tech Adept

Aww man. Was really hoping I went in a good direction as my first. Guy at the hobby shop recommended it. Guess he's just up selling.
I don't mean to detur you away from the sport 3 as I use mine as a first drift car too, I just jumped the gun and bought the sport 3 because I looked soo awesome, doing research after the fact found much better choices of drift chassis out there, I still love the car either way.
Old 10-30-2015, 12:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by MikeR
Also #1551 Clamping Hex
Are those for all 4 axles?

BTW, I ordered those parts from Exotek :P
Old 10-30-2015, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SagadSetup
I found these:

http://www.exotekracing.com/sport-3-alloy-drive-shaft/

http://www.exotekracing.com/sport-3-spur-gear-mount/

http://www.exotekracing.com/aero-heatsink/

It's what I thought. i'm almost certain more upgrades will come out in the market.

Another observation is that the Sport 3 and the TCX have identical arms. If they do, it's another upgrade to the Sport 3 as well.
Time for caliper! What are you waiting for?
Old 10-31-2015, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Normajean

Normajean,

I think all of these HPI RTR 1/10 are all beginner with severely overpriced MSRP's. I think you were mistaken the Sprint 2 regardless the Flux or Drift are both belt driven.

I haven't had much experience with Team Magic but the chassis definitely looks like a great balanced layout if you intend to drift only.

Any owners of the RS4 Sport 3 Flux with the Falken 911 multi-piece body, turning far right sometimes will bind up against the passenger side front splash guard area? I already trimmed some but those front end wide offset wheels/tires are pretty annoying.

Thank goodness I purchased an open box eBay sale for $250. Never ran....this car I wouldn't pay more than that new.

Seems like HPI is focusing more on their bodies now than they are on their actual entry and amateur cars/trucks.
Old 10-31-2015, 11:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by alexchen86
Normajean,

I think all of these HPI RTR 1/10 are all beginner with severely overpriced MSRP's. I think you were mistaken the Sprint 2 regardless the Flux or Drift are both belt driven.

I haven't had much experience with Team Magic but the chassis definitely looks like a great balanced layout if you intend to drift only.

Any owners of the RS4 Sport 3 Flux with the Falken 911 multi-piece body, turning far right sometimes will bind up against the passenger side front splash guard area? I already trimmed some but those front end wide offset wheels/tires are pretty annoying.

Thank goodness I purchased an open box eBay sale for $250. Never ran....this car I wouldn't pay more than that new.

Seems like HPI is focusing more on their bodies now than they are on their actual entry and amateur cars/trucks.
Your right I did mistake the Sprint 2 for being shaft driven it is belt driven was thinking of a bunch of other models at the same time as writng that lol like the tt01.

Yes all overpriced beginner cars lol. I am looking to get a team magic drift chassis here in the next month or so and will post up what I think of it and pictures.
Old 10-31-2015, 01:14 PM
Tech Master

Drifting a 1/10 tub or pan TC takes a lot A LOT of practice and patience. I setup one of my tt-01's way back years ago trying various combinations to somewhat make it a drift worthy car for just parking lot or outdoor basketball court drifts and unless you sink in for some high quality electronics namely a sensors brushless system as well as getting the most steering throw you can come up with it gets ultra frustrating very quickly haha.

I threw in front cvds for slightly more steering and a decently fast servo but could never pull off a drift as easy as I did in any of my HPI Cup Racers I built setup for drift. One had a full blown Exotek chassis for when we had a class to race them in years ago....and yeah it as fun but got boring quick sliding around in various plastic tires lol.

Had more fun building my 4 Cup Racers than actually racing them. Wish HPI would come out with more entry level on road kits or at least some ARTR rollers....but I guess they have to follow suit with Traxxas's complete RTR kits with lipos and chargers. Mind boggling how people will shell out $600-800 for these new slash 4x4 ultimates and Emaxx brushless rigs that you know the first thing people are going to do is drop a huge 5000mah 3s in the slash 4x4 disregarding the gearing notice and of course dropping in dual 5000+ mah 3s packs in the Emaxx brushless.

Lol....
Old 10-31-2015, 03:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Is it worth getting the aluminum drive shaft from exotek for the sport 3? Or should I hold off for the cheaper options?
Old 10-31-2015, 06:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Well I ordered the Exotek spur hub and aluminum drive shaft, and the guys at the LHS are helping me find a faster spur since the high speed set won't be out for awhile. I picked up the only kimbrough spur they had, a 72, that looks like an exact fit. Judging from pictures.
Old 10-31-2015, 09:55 PM
Tech Master

Is it worth getting the aluminum drive shaft from exotek for the sport 3? Or should I hold off for the cheaper options?
I don't see the need to replace a part that has not broken or is flexing to a degree it's pretty much trash.

What this car needed right off the bat was freaking ADJUSTABLE toe, camber, and steering!!!

All the other HPI RTR kits had them except the E10 I guess.....and the new HPI plastic. Dont even get me started.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.