Search
Like Tree61Likes

HPI RS4 Sport 3

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alexchen86
After I put on my CVD's on all 4 corners while keeping everything else stock for now it's so much smoother and no more doggie bone clanking!!!

Next up will be a new body or should I say bodies and matching wheels/tires/offsets.

After that suspension for mild rally on loose gravel. What's a good height to look for in a decent rally tuned big bore suspension for a 1/10 TC?
I'm not well versed on rally setup but try start with 1 to 2 centimeters then adjust until you find the optimal height for the terrain.

gmade shocks have good reviews...

HPI Pirelli rally tires would also look nice on the Sport 3 in rally form.
Attached Thumbnails HPI RS4 Sport 3-gmade-gm21307-1.jpg   HPI RS4 Sport 3-4467_01.jpg  

Last edited by SagadSetup; 11-05-2015 at 08:40 AM.
Old 11-05-2015, 08:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)

Originally Posted by SagadSetup
I'm not well versed on rally setup but try start with 1 to 2 centimeters then adjust until you find the optimal height for the terrain.

gmade shocks have good reviews...

HPI Pirelli rally tires would also look nice on the Sport 3 in rally form.
Lol I am actually running those exact Junfac XD shocks on the front end of my HPI MTDT Ivan Stewart rig with quad shocks on the rear trailing arms....

I ran a full set of Junfac XD 93mm's on one of my SCX10 builds with a Tundra Highlift hardbody....performed great but definitely not for bashing.

Those plastic caps will wear out quickly....even after some hard rock runs I already had a leaky shock when I built them all meticulously using Green Slime as usual.

I was hoping for an aluminum adjustable shock set a tad longer than the stock ones without upgrading to the HPI ones at the back of the manual which I think are probably the same length as the stock plastic ones.....won't be an extreme 1/10 purpose rally car like the DF-03Ra or the XV-01
Old 11-06-2015, 06:15 AM
Tech Elite

Try the TRF shocks. Maybe that'll work for you. It's on my XV01 and the ride height is high enough for me.
Old 11-06-2015, 06:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Not sure if it was posted yet but Yeah Racing has some parts coming out for the Sport 3

Old 11-06-2015, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bmxcrx
Not sure if it was posted yet but Yeah Racing has some parts coming out for the Sport 3

Wow! Thanks for the info!

See? What did I say earlier?

Check out the steering and CVDs!
Old 11-07-2015, 04:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by alexchen86
I don't see the need to replace a part that has not broken or is flexing to a degree it's pretty much trash.

What this car needed right off the bat was freaking ADJUSTABLE toe, camber, and steering!!!

All the other HPI RTR kits had them except the E10 I guess.....and the new HPI plastic. Dont even get me started.

This is also what i don't understand since its marketed as a drift car, no proper drift car comes without adjustable toe + camber. Then again that's HPI for you
Old 11-08-2015, 11:12 AM
Tech Initiate

I just finished installing some old Hpi sprint2/rs4 turn buckles with rpm ball cups, turns out I had extra ball studs in my parts container. My 21.5t esc combo went out of stock and ended up getting shipped from hobby king Hong Kong. I was hoping to race tonite at 3, but got call in for work.
Old 11-08-2015, 02:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Sprint2 flux vs. rs4 spt3 flux

Are the front c-hubs the same on both? The reason is Yeah Racing has upgrades for the Sprint 2 already and they look identical. HPI only sells c-hubs and knuckle arm together but part#s different. I was checking all the looseness in the front end and these two parts seemed loose in their design.
Bob
Old 11-12-2015, 02:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by blitteer
Are the front c-hubs the same on both? The reason is Yeah Racing has upgrades for the Sprint 2 already and they look identical. HPI only sells c-hubs and knuckle arm together but part#s different. I was checking all the looseness in the front end and these two parts seemed loose in their design.
Bob
I don't think the parts are the same.
Old 11-13-2015, 07:27 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by blitteer
Bob
Sprint 2 steering/suspension parts do not fit the RS4 S3. I have been piecing together my Sport 3 for the past few weeks (much cheaper than buying the RTR) and already tried to fit my stock Sprint 2 parts to this chassis, no luck. I do have a fully upgraded Sprint with all the Yeah Racing parts and if the quality is the same, the kit for the Sport 3 should be highly considered. I just ordered the Exotek alloy center shaft and spur gear holder and will be ordering the Yeah Racing steering and CVD's at the very least. The Yeah Racing steering and CVD's drastically improved my Sprint 2 so I'm hoping for the same results with the Sport 3.
Old 11-13-2015, 07:34 AM
Tech Regular

How are the stock shocks that come with the Sport 3? Any leaking issues like the Sprint 2 shocks had? I have yet to order my shocks for this chassis, and if these are decent (don't leak, no serious stiction), I may pick up a set since they're adjustable, instead of waiting on HPI to release the optional aluminum.
Old 11-16-2015, 01:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Towerhobbies

Well the cvd's and Spool are on order for the sport 3 from Tower Hobbies finally, they were supposed to be late October change to mid November now it says on order. Can't wait for them to get in I am going to order both right away. I'll post up when I get them.
Old 11-16-2015, 01:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Normajean
Well the cvd's and Spool are on order for the sport 3 from Tower Hobbies finally, they were supposed to be late October change to mid November now it says on order. Can't wait for them to get in I am going to order both right away. I'll post up when I get them.
Please do.
Old 11-16-2015, 03:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Normajean
I saw that earlier as well, however they are now showing Late November. All RS4 Sport 3 option parts showing late Nov. or late Dec.
Old 11-17-2015, 07:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys,

I'm new to RC (though being 35 I owed a couple of Tamiya kit RC's back in the late 80s and early 90s).

I'm thinking about buying a low cost electric Touring car so I can start racing at my local club. The HPI RS4 Sport Flux looks great but it looks like theres issues with the dog-bones??

Would the Sprint 2 Flux be up to the job of competing with "13.5T brushless blinky" Touring car class, or would I be taking a knife to a gun fight?

OR have the RS4 Sport Flux issues been sorted by HPI now and new stock is without the dog-bone issue?

Thanks in advance
Alex

Last edited by JudbboyUK; 11-17-2015 at 08:50 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.