Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 01:05 AM
Tech Master

Hi Mr Shookie
The Cool-Can-Fan's costs are £24.99 for a single and £34.99 for a double all come with any additional fitments so that it can be fitted to the car without any drilling or fileing.
The best way to pay, is to go to the link I sent you on Ebay if this is OK with you?
Not to sure what you are asking, when you quote those numbers to send the quote to.
Regards Malc
Old 06-08-2005, 01:43 AM
Tech Adept

Does anybody try installing a long shock damper to LCG. Does they fit??

Thanks!
Old 06-08-2005, 05:33 AM
Tech Regular

ive not tried it but i dont think they will, they shock tower is too low, with the short shock bodies i have the ends wound up until there is no thread left showing (60mm shock length) and that is the logest they need to go for the maximum distance between any combination of holes on shock tower and wishbone.

hope that helped
Old 06-08-2005, 05:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mr4-tc sp
Does anybody try installing a long shock damper to LCG. Does they fit??

Thanks!
yes and No Well kinda they fit on the front but not the rear...Funny thing with the LCG the ride hieght can be a bear to get the rear end to get down. I tried many things and adding the spacers (2mm) under the rear toe block to get rid of anti-squat and to level the rear arms. Now it sits 4.0mm with the shock springs with no preload. That is low enough for this guy. I don't race carpet so it doesn't need to be any lower. I am also about to rebuild my shocks and try removing alot of the triangle do dad in the shock to see if having more travel on the shock will help with ride hieght issue. But I really think is that since the shock towers are lower that it makes it really hard to get it down. Just need some more time to work things out...
Great car once you get it dialed...I think I am almost there just doing some final adjustments to the suspention, shock oil and spring rate changes. The car really likes the 2.5 toe block in the rear.
Hope this helps,
Stephen <><
Old 06-08-2005, 05:52 AM
Tech Regular

to be honest i dont see how you are having trouble getting it low, mines now 3.4mm with no preload at the back with no spacers?

nice car though ill be racing it fro teh first time tonight, cant wait!!!!!
Old 06-08-2005, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by agower
to be honest i dont see how you are having trouble getting it low, mines now 3.4mm with no preload at the back with no spacers?

nice car though ill be racing it fro teh first time tonight, cant wait!!!!!
I don't know, I have tried just about every thing to get it down..
I have it fine now but I want to know why and to figure it out. This is one of the aspects I like about this hobby. I haven't been able to figure it out and now one else is able to also so now a challange has arised so I will find out why.
By the way
The suspention is free as a bird MAN...
The droop is set at 4.5mm in the rear 7 up front
Arms spaced 2MM back
hinge pin sare level
Shocks are mounted second from the outside on the tower and almost stood up.
using SSS shocks
rayspeed retainer and rayspeed springs
Short shock ends
Stephen <><
Old 06-08-2005, 06:30 AM
Tech Regular

its actualy qutie similar to my setup. i cant help with finding the problem as i dont have it.
Old 06-08-2005, 06:46 AM
Tech Regular

I can't see your problem... I have absolutely now problem to make the chassis sit on the ground. Ok... I don't want that...but I could...

Cheers
Chris
Old 06-08-2005, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by speedy-932
I can't see your problem... I have absolutely now problem to make the chassis sit on the ground. Ok... I don't want that...but I could...

Cheers
Chris
AS too my head is a scratching...LOL
Stephen <><
Old 06-08-2005, 08:01 AM
Tech Addict

i've noticed in some Japanese mags. the arms are shaved/filed off abit so the rayspeed retainers are not in contact with the arms. i haven't tried it myself, but can that be the problem?
Old 06-08-2005, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by racer
i've noticed in some Japanese mags. the arms are shaved/filed off abit so the rayspeed retainers are not in contact with the arms. i haven't tried it myself, but can that be the problem?
Noep that isn't it either.
I am going to tear my whole car apart and rebuild and make sure everything is right...If this problem persists I will contact Yokomo USA myself.
Take Care & GOD Bless
Stephen <><
Old 06-08-2005, 10:12 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
Noep that isn't it either.
I am going to tear my whole car apart and rebuild and make sure everything is right...If this problem persists I will contact Yokomo USA myself.
Take Care & GOD Bless
Stephen <><
How about the universals Shookie? Have you test without the universal installed?
Old 06-08-2005, 06:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Talk to yokomo yesterday

Hi all,

I appreciate all the suggestions offered regarding the LCG issue I originally posted. I think much of the issue is from me being a perfectionist and not accepting sloppy spring when at desired ride height. I was most concerned about the play of the springs when the car is without load. With load the springs are less sloppy and the ride height is acceptable. Yokomo suggested the shock length be at 62-63mm. Remove the spacers from underneath the suspension mounts for this will cause roll center problems?
This what one gets for trying to be Mario Andretti overnight and coming to the realization he is still a noob! "POPS" Thank you kindly for your offer of assistance. Just may show up to introduce myself and watch the races this weekend you mentioned posts ago. This is a freaking awesome hobby! Wish I could have indulged sooner in life. Again, thanks for all the suggestions offered and have a great day!

I'm setup consists of the following;

Ride Height: 5.5mmF 6.5mmR

Droop: 6mmF 5mmR

Camber: 1.5mmR .5mmF

Toe: 2.5°Rear 1.5°Front

Any suggestions for gearing? I’m stock from the ssg build.(70t Spur,30t pinion) Car handles and runs well to me from what experience I have. Motor gets quite hot! Is this because of gearing (see above)? Anyhow here's some pics

shawn

Last edited by blindwolf; 06-08-2005 at 09:48 PM.
Old 06-08-2005, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by blindwolf
Any suggestions for gearing? I’m stock from the ssg build.(70t Spur,30t pinion) Car handles and runs well to me from what experience I have. Motor gets quite hot! Is this because of gearing (see above)?
More than likely, yes. Depending on the track.

Locally I run 26/70, but gearing is very track dependant. You should aim to have your motor just hitting top rev's as you reach the braking point of the longest straight. Its almost impossible to give an exact gearing point that will work in most cases as its heavily track, motor and driving dependant. Also remember that the stock 30/70 is more than likely aimed at a 23 turn stock motor that they run in Asia, rather than our 27 turns used in the majority of the rest of the world.
Old 06-08-2005, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pro4Capece
That should make the chassis plate lower in compairson to the arms. If I'm correct, that would me lower ride height.
try it, just undo the rear toe block and put 2mm of spacers in there, and then recheck ride height. let me know what you get.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.