Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

correct
Old 06-09-2005, 09:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

also, since your running the LCG and have the open diffs, make sure you don't have a tiny rock or something lodged in either the bevel or diff gear.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:49 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Pro4Capece
Either you haven't fully removed the flashing on the gears OR you have a gear wobble. This topic came up about 20 post ago. Check this thread and you'll find a more detailed answer.
Yes, pay attention to the rear diff outdrive flashing.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Talking

Im thinking of getting a MR-4TC SD. What do all you guys think about them? Do you like them how do they drive?

thanks
mike
Old 06-09-2005, 10:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer030
Im thinking of getting a MR-4TC SD. What do all you guys think about them? Do you like them how do they drive?

thanks
mike
Mike to be honest your in a thread that is all about the Yok SD...We are all biased becasue we own them, but here is what I have noticed.
1) It is better than most shaft cars, just needs some adjusting to get it free'd up.
2) I can be easy to work on if you buy it in kit form and build it your self.
3) You have three options with it. 1) The Rayspeed conversion (it make sit faster don't ask why it just does...or did for me..2) The CGM if you fancy carpet racing. and 3) The new LCG conversion which turns it into the a Worlds addition and lowers the center of gravity...I just got the LCG and it really turn the SD into something special..
4) The SD is realiable and as long as you buy the right spares you will be right as rain.
5) It handles very well and has a great deal of adjustments to help setting it up for your track.
6) Great product support and a team of loyal RC Tech'rs to help you out. Plus the best online hobby shop carries everything you need. www.speedtechrc.com.
Hope all this helps,
Stephen <><
Old 06-09-2005, 11:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Cool. Which SD are you lookin at? I think there's like 6 or 7 of them out . What kind of racing are you going to be doing- stock/19t, mod? Also, what do you prefer- shaft or belt? -JB
Old 06-10-2005, 12:17 AM
Tech Champion

Hey Shookie, since you have both the LCG and the BD, how do they compare stiffness wise? I've got an LCG conversion on the way that I planned to use for stock/foam carpet racing and was curious if it's as flexible as the BD.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
Hey Shookie, since you have both the LCG and the BD, how do they compare stiffness wise? I've got an LCG conversion on the way that I planned to use for stock/foam carpet racing and was curious if it's as flexible as the BD.
Well with the steering rack not haveing the upperdeck attached it is a bit more flexable than before but I think the Rayspeed or SD steering rack posts will fit and should stiffen things up a bit. It is stiff enough for asphalt but I am not as familar with carpet.
Hope this helps,
Stephen <><
I could see if the post will fit...Give me a couple of days.
Old 06-10-2005, 05:58 AM
Tech Regular

Sounds like the car isn't "pivoting" enough in the corners. Try standing the rear shocks up or adding a 1-2mm spacer under the front outside ballstud will get you into the corner better and adding 1-2mm spacers under the rear outside ballstud will help the car pivot better and give more exit steering.
I tried to install a 1mm spacer... It didn't work. The ballcups are rubbing against the rim. That's not what I want.
Another idea: Shouldn't it help when I add a little bit more caster by putting 0.2 or 0.3 mm under the front suspension mount?

Thanks
Cheers
Chris
Old 06-10-2005, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
After thinking about it and putting everything in my head I think it would be better to wait on EA with the new carpet chassis for the BD. The LCG will probably do OK but not as well as a 3.0-3.5mm chassis. The only other thing I could suggest is get another top deck for the LCG but good luck with that, probably another 6 months before we see those hitting the selves. I don't think the steering posts from the SD or rayspeed will fit on the LCG anyway, But they did make the holes for them....makes me wonder.....two top decks and some steering post mount would definantly make the LCG super tough on the rug.
-Stephen <><
Old 06-10-2005, 08:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
After thinking about it and putting everything in my head I think it would be better to wait on EA with the new carpet chassis for the BD. The LCG will probably do OK but not as well as a 3.0-3.5mm chassis. The only other thing I could suggest is get another top deck for the LCG but good luck with that, probably another 6 months before we see those hitting the selves. I don't think the steering posts from the SD or rayspeed will fit on the LCG anyway, But they did make the holes for them....makes me wonder.....two top decks and some steering post mount would definantly make the LCG super tough on the rug.
-Stephen <><

I believe those holes you speak of were intended so you could access the steering assembly w/o removing the upper deck?
Old 06-10-2005, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by blindwolf
I believe those holes you speak of were intended so you could access the steering assembly w/o removing the upper deck?
You could be right. Either way great car. I don't race carpet so this is only for asphalt. I like it just the way it is.
Stephen <><
Old 06-10-2005, 09:41 AM
Tech Regular

From what I heard Yokomo Japan will release a full LCG kit at the end of this month. Nice to hear...

Cheers
Chris
Old 06-10-2005, 09:54 AM
Tech Regular

where did you hear this? and when?
Old 06-10-2005, 10:02 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by speedy-932
From what I heard Yokomo Japan will release a full LCG kit at the end of this month. Nice to hear...

Cheers
Chris
They'll be released in Japan by the end of the month and the rest of the world a week or two later. Price should be around the same as the BD.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.