Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 12:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro 88
i have a novarossi n12ls3 can any of u guys tell me the factory settings for the top and bottom end adjustment out to the carby i have a over run prob.Thanks

Kim tio get rid of the over run you need to lean of the bottom end until the revs rise then lower the idle to compensate should fix the problem if not i will check it for you tomorrow
Old 04-21-2007, 01:00 AM
Tech Elite

Good luck to everyone who's racing tommorow. I hope you all have a good day at the track!

I wont be racing as I'm entertaining my mum over here on a visit from England.

Menace
Old 04-21-2007, 04:23 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Over Run

thanks for the info rob see ya tommorow
Old 04-21-2007, 06:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
New Nemesis 200MM body " Since i been quiet on the Forums theres a new Nickname for me "KING OF BLING"

Tomorrow we got Round 6, shall be a big field as all the holidays are over and festivities...

Enjoy
Looks great! What brand/color is that?
Old 04-21-2007, 06:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Colour is Tamiya PS-52 (Champagne GOLD ANODIZED ALUMINUM) you need to apply this colour first then use a Plain Black to bring the colour out more....!

Looks really nice Up close and personal and in the Sun its just shines and Blings Away...!

*Note this is a Pressure Rattle can Job i did...
Cheers
Old 04-21-2007, 07:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
Colour is Tamiya PS-52 (Champagne GOLD ANODIZED ALUMINUM) you need to apply this colour first then use a Plain Black to bring the colour out more....!

Looks really nice Up close and personal and in the Sun its just shines and Blings Away...!

*Note this is a Pressure Rattle can Job i did...
Cheers
Nice Job Frankie!
The stickers are a nice touch too
Did you make them yourself?
Old 04-21-2007, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by itchy b
Nice Job Frankie!
The stickers are a nice touch too
Did you make them yourself?

The Bonnet Celtic ones i did, and the BLING ones aswell.....
Old 04-21-2007, 11:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Hey guys... Just got my G4 running yesterday and I must say I LOVE this car... the handling is amazing compared to my LD3 and RS4...

Anyway I need some advice with the foam tires... Anyone have links on how to read these them... I see numbers on the inside of the rim, and some feel harder then others... I am just parking lot racer, right now until I get back to the states and find a track, so I got time to learn.

Any help ya'll can provide me would be much appreciated... especially since I have 205 pages to read

Rick...
Old 04-22-2007, 12:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bcane98
Hey guys... Just got my G4 running yesterday and I must say I LOVE this car... the handling is amazing compared to my LD3 and RS4...

Anyway I need some advice with the foam tires... Anyone have links on how to read these them... I see numbers on the inside of the rim, and some feel harder then others... I am just parking lot racer, right now until I get back to the states and find a track, so I got time to learn.

Any help ya'll can provide me would be much appreciated... especially since I have 205 pages to read

Rick...
is your G4 a G4S ?
anyways , with the faoms, the higher the shore rating the harder the tire, and longer lasting and less grip. lower shore rating, softer tire, and quicker wear, but higher grip. thats a quick run down.
some will ask the surface you run on, i take it it will be med/ low grip in a parking lot, unless prepped with VHT or something similar.
i thnk 40 shore tires all round would be a godd starting point. then take things from there. grip level , wear and so forth. each brand of tires wear a bit different as well. so where one brand of 40 shore tires will have a bit more grip and more wear, so do try out some different brands, its up to you what youd like to try and stick with. i run KFactory foams, i like them very much, but like all things they require a different setup over a different brand.
check out racedays, they have the K Factory and GQ tires, both good tires, but again run what is comfortable for you and whats readily available. hope this helps you out a bit
Old 04-22-2007, 12:46 AM
Tech Regular

Well I got it from Ebay and it said G4... not sure if it is the S or RTR. Here's the link, maybe you can tell me which one it is by the looks...

Ebay Link...

The car had very little wear and tear, very clean, so it tells me it is fairly new.

Thanks for the help...
Old 04-22-2007, 01:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yeah dude its a g4 not g4s, but has almost been entirely converted so not a worry.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Well I got it from Ebay and it said G4... not sure if it is the S or RTR. Here's the link, maybe you can tell me which one it is by the looks...

Ebay Link...

The car had very little wear and tear, very clean, so it tells me it is fairly new.

Thanks for the help...
it looks like the G4 Mongoose. not bad for the price, it has a few upgrades.
3 major differences from the G4S , weight distribution, clutch and steering.
you can change the steering with out too many problems. or you can get the upgrade kit (new chasis, radio tray, battery, and steering) but you would still be lacking in the clutch department. but that said, the clutch allows for more tuning ability, and would be needed if you wanted to upgrade the trans to the ED trans. so you have a great car to start off with, and can be upgraded if you feel you need to
Old 04-22-2007, 04:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Todays racing went really well, both Frankie and I started in group b. I had an average first and second heat getting used to the changes in the chassis and the new motor, by the third heat and a few changes i was gaining some good pace, the times got me a place in the A final. Frankie TQ ed the b final and won it to also gain a place in the A final.
After a clean start i managed to work my way up to second in the final with some ripper laps unfortunatly my concentration began to waiver and made a few mistakes too many, I eventualy finished 5th it was a great day, and was pleased to be only .04 of a second slower than the fastest guy on the day. Now with some concentration and consistency I rekon im on target to start making life a little more difficult for the Mugens.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:04 AM
Tech Regular

Ebay Link...

Thanks for the help...
great buy...it has alot of up-grades over a stock G4...but i do think it was a mongoose to start with ( blue chassis ) but it's the same car really...i'd like to find one for back-up car like that...
Old 04-22-2007, 10:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by s10dude
great buy...it has alot of up-grades over a stock G4...but i do think it was a mongoose to start with ( blue chassis ) but it's the same car really...i'd like to find one for back-up car like that...
Ya I googled the mongoose and found it to be the same looking... either way it's probably a rebagged G4 anyway...

So I got this bad boy out today!!! OMFG... This thing is fast as can be.. I was gonan race one of the guys that was bragging about is LD3 w/OS18CV... I think I could have easily taken him, but he put it away just after I got the motor up to temp...

I have one question though. I am used to the shaft diven RC's... Well to get to the point... do you find that belt driven are less likely to sit still while idling versus a shaft driven RC?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.