Wiki Posts
Search

New Novak Brusless System

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 09:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mini-dub
I've been running mine with stock and 19t motors and it works great, better than my GTX I feel actually. The stock brushed profile on the GTB is a little bit smooth most people will think for stock and 19t motors so I turned the frequency down all the way and that helped with the bottom end some. The nice thing about the GTB is that you can completly customize each profile on the esc .
Break a brotha off with some info and pics if you have them. Where does the extra wire's go when running a brushed motor?
Old 06-13-2006, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Break a brotha off with some info and pics if you have them. Where does the extra wire's go when running a brushed motor?
all the wires (blue,yellow,orange) go to the negative side of the motor, then you need a jump wire from the battery to the + side of the motor,
Old 06-13-2006, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator

here is a pic
Old 06-13-2006, 11:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Heres how I have mine wired for brushed mode..
Attached Thumbnails New Novak Brusless System-000_0383.jpg   New Novak Brusless System-000_0384.jpg  
Old 06-13-2006, 12:09 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by team green
Heres how I have mine wired for brushed mode..
So what do you do with the shorter wires when you want to run your brushless? Will they reach the motor? Sorry for all of the questions. I just want to have all my ducks in a row for club racing because if there's no mod class and I have to run 19 turn then I don't want to have to swap speedo's.

Marcos- Thanks for the picks bro. I just want to see how it's wired up in a Schuie.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

[QUOTE=STLNLST]So what do you do with the shorter wires when you want to run your brushless? Will they reach the motor? Sorry for all of the questions. I just want to have all my ducks in a row for club racing because if there's no mod class and I have to run 19 turn then I don't want to have to swap speedo's.

I un-solder directly from the board then solder back on the longer wires. It's harder this way but it's lighter than running the corally bullet plugs.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:02 PM
Tech Master

Here's how I wire for both brushed and brushless.

BRUSHLESS. Unsolder 3 motor wires at Speedo end. Shorten all 3, blue shortest. Solder a corally male connector to each.

Now clean up the solder on the speedo lugs so that you have a 3mm hole. The corally males have a 3mm thread either end. Put three short 3mm screws in holes in speedo and attach each wire accordingly. Screw them tight so they make a good contact.

BRUSHED. Use a flat (Corally) battery bar. Drill a couple of holes so that you have 3 holes that line up with the holes on the speedo. Solder a short blue wire to one end. The other end id the negative motor terminal. Now screw the battery bar flat across the 3 speedo terminals with 3 x 3mm screws and nuts. Run the red to the positive motor terminal and another red wire from that same terminal to the battery + terminal, and there you have it.

I'm posting this from home. I'll get some pics at the office tomorrow and post them.

The change is a 5 minute job.

Incidentally I ran the Novak 4.5 in my Yoke BD recently. There's only one word for it. INSANE.
Old 06-13-2006, 02:07 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by johnbull
Here's how I wire for both brushed and brushless.

BRUSHLESS. Unsolder 3 motor wires at Speedo end. Shorten all 3, blue shortest. Solder a corally male connector to each.

Now clean up the solder on the speedo lugs so that you have a 3mm hole. The corally males have a 3mm thread either end. Put three short 3mm screws in holes in speedo and attach each wire accordingly. Screw them tight so they make a good contact.

BRUSHED. Use a flat (Corally) battery bar. Drill a couple of holes so that you have 3 holes that line up with the holes on the speedo. Solder a short blue wire to one end. The other end id the negative motor terminal. Now screw the battery bar flat across the 3 speedo terminals with 3 x 3mm screws and nuts. Run the red to the positive motor terminal and another red wire from that same terminal to the battery + terminal, and there you have it.

I'm posting this from home. I'll get some pics at the office tomorrow and post them.

The change is a 5 minute job.

Incidentally I ran the Novak 4.5 in my Yoke BD recently. There's only one word for it. INSANE.
Still running the Yok huh.... Thanks for the info and the pics will be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-13-2006, 03:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

I thought I would just share a picture of my install on my cyclone.
Just fits!

Old 06-13-2006, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by crangon
I thought I would just share a picture of my install on my cyclone.
Just fits!

you must race in a indoor with a wooden floor with those pins tires
Old 06-13-2006, 04:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

indoor tyres, yes, wooden floor, no. It is some strange carpet/astro turf and these are the only tyres that work (Schumacher yellow mini pins). loads of grip!
Old 06-13-2006, 04:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Another Cyclone pic...

I wish i had the mini Spektrum Rx...!!

The Cap is zip-tied to the CF top-deck. This way the GTB has the lights pointing outwards. I thought with the new car, i might have more of a play around with the different profiles..
Old 06-13-2006, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by AngryAsian
Another Cyclone pic...

I wish i had the mini Spektrum Rx...!!

The Cap is zip-tied to the CF top-deck. This way the GTB has the lights pointing outwards. I thought with the new car, i might have more of a play around with the different profiles..

you can fit the receiver it laying down look at my picture(dont mind the extra fans ,i was running a 9.40fdr )

I cut the ear out of the servo and double sided the servo on to the chassis and was able to lay the receiver flat.

but then i switched to the LRP competition and have a little more room
Old 06-13-2006, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

We had some issues at our local track/shop recently with a 4.5 system.. It just wouldnt work properly (glitching, stuttering, etc)...

radio gear is KO EX-10, 40Mhz...

we changed everything... changed to KO EX-1 Mars R 40mhz.. changed the 4.5 motor to another one, all sorts of things... same glitchy stuttering.

We spoke to HEI (the aust distributer for novak) and they said that the Novak 4.5R doesnt work with 40Mhz radio gear!

what the ?

I run a 5.5R system with my EX-10 helios 40Mhz system no problem, and also with DSM, no problem...

hrmmm very strange that just running the 4.5R with 40Mhz has these issues?

James
Old 06-13-2006, 07:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've used my 4.5 briefly with a 40MHz JR XS-3 without a problem.

I know of at least 1 other guy who does the same, but has had much more time with his. No problems to report.

I have to admit though, I only had a quick drive on an indoor track at short range.

The other guy running the 4.5 has done so at the track and during high speed runs without a problem.

I do know however, that the GTB does put out a lot of noise. I couldn't get mine to work satisfactorily until i moved the Rx as far away from the esc as possible.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.