Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2003, 12:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Post Master Ken

Master Ken:

what happen to the MR-12 ?

Data

Last edited by Data; 04-10-2003 at 12:21 AM.
Old 04-10-2003, 05:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

RD pipe pics for you guys.
Attached Thumbnails Rc10ntc3-2003-004.jpg  
Old 04-10-2003, 05:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

A little closer.
Attached Thumbnails Rc10ntc3-2003-005.jpg  
Old 04-10-2003, 05:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Another one showing some clearance work I had to do to my CrazyNut heatsink (I almost cried, turned out really good though.)
Attached Thumbnails Rc10ntc3-2003-006.jpg  
Old 04-10-2003, 05:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

I' m going to get a "Turbo" version (this is the "Standard" version), and see how they both perform. I was really happy with my JP last season using a FT dual chamber pipe, I can't imagine it being any better. We set-up our track this Saturday and if the weather holds we'll have a test & tune Sunday.
Old 04-10-2003, 05:54 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hey nut,good morning....with all the bad press with that k&N airfilter,how come you're still using it?..
Old 04-10-2003, 06:02 AM
Tech Adept

Do you guys know if it is possible to fit a maxx escalade body on the ntc3
Old 04-10-2003, 06:04 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Number 11
Go with the old stand by Protoform Stratus body. You can't go wrong there.
I also heard that the Ferrari Enzo (proline FX) handles pretty good too. And the BMW bodies i heard the same too. hope this helps.
Old 04-10-2003, 06:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Simple really, I use it because it works. There's no differance in the materials or the construction of this small filter compared to one of their world class larger filters. It's original design is for a dry sump oil system, it's a breather really. Mainly for your off-road type's (Baja & stuff). I get mine directly from K&N, alot cheeper than the RC guys sell them for and you can get them sized to fit any carb. If I wasn't running this I would probably be using a Motor Saver, I don't care for the typical foam filters. They lack in performance & looks (2 for $5, come on).
Old 04-10-2003, 10:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally posted by NTC3NUT
Another one showing some clearance work I had to do to my CrazyNut heatsink (I almost cried, turned out really good though.)
NTC3NUT: What dremel bit did you use to shave off material from the CN Head? Was it easy to do? I ran a whole day with the pipe and head. The pipe stinger was really "exposed" outside the body. I was worried all of hitting something on the pipe side. I put the stock head back and the clearance greatly improved. Hate to hack-up the CN head.
Old 04-10-2003, 12:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Tell me about it, the thought of grinding on it made me sick. I used 3 or 4 of their bigger sanding drums and went very slow. The bigger drums give you a nice arch once they settle in. Start with the bottom fin first. Pick your spots on the heatsink (each end of the section your about to remove), hold the drum stationary and let it sand in about 1/4". Do this on each end and make a nice round arch. After your satisfied that both are even, start to grind out the material in between the archs, following the natural round contour of the heatsink. In no time you'll have a nice contoured relief. Repeat this step for the next 2 fins (you don't need to do this to the 4th and final fin, 3 is enough). It gets easier as you go because you can follow the shape of the previous fin to make things nice & even. After all the sanding was done (man, what a mess) I used Dremels polishing compound on a felt wheel to remove the sanding marks, then a polishing bit to finish it all off. I know it sounds like alot of work, but it's not. Take it slow and you'll be very pleased with the results. It's well worth the effort. It allowed me to move the exhaust in to where it should be, I even had to make a new exhaust hanger.
Old 04-10-2003, 01:37 PM
Tech Regular

Where can i get a crazy nut head?
Old 04-10-2003, 01:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

www.crazynutracing.com

They're working on a new website, doesn't have all their products listed yet. Just send them an e-mail [email protected], ask for Dave and tell him I sent you. Awesome stuff.
Old 04-10-2003, 03:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey NTC3NUT why are you running a pipe thats so short? I guess you run a shorter track then I do. I'll stick with my Dyamite pipe it's so nice and the powerband is sweet. The Centex woke up my OS TR too. The Outdoor season finally started for NJ I guess dumping a little $ into the car paid off this winter. Yea when you hit 65 down a 180ft straight, oh yea baby.

I'm not down shooting your pipe but a shorter pipe offers more rev and kills torque. I'm just trying to understand you logic for using such a short pipe. Is it dual chambered? Just give me some idea on how it runs.

Speaking of which, I'm working on adapting Serpent AFL fuel tank lids to Assic'd tanks. I'm tired of having my fuel turn to foam due to the pressure fitting extending to the bottom of the tank. I'll keep everyone posted.
Old 04-10-2003, 03:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Tweeter
Hey NTC3NUT why are you running a pipe thats so short? I guess you run a shorter track then I do. I'll stick with my Dyamite pipe it's so nice and the powerband is sweet. The Centex woke up my OS TR too. The Outdoor season finally started for NJ I guess dumping a little $ into the car paid off this winter. Yea when you hit 65 down a 180ft straight, oh yea baby.

I'm not down shooting your pipe but a shorter pipe offers more rev and kills torque. I'm just trying to understand you logic for using such a short pipe. Is it dual chambered? Just give me some idea on how it runs.

Speaking of which, I'm working on adapting Serpent AFL fuel tank lids to Assic'd tanks. I'm tired of having my fuel turn to foam due to the pressure fitting extending to the bottom of the tank. I'll keep everyone posted.

Where do you run in NJ, got a site?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.