Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2003, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Tweeter
Hey NTC3NUT why are you running a pipe thats so short? I guess you run a shorter track then I do. I'll stick with my Dyamite pipe it's so nice and the powerband is sweet. The Centex woke up my OS TR too. The Outdoor season finally started for NJ I guess dumping a little $ into the car paid off this winter. Yea when you hit 65 down a 180ft straight, oh yea baby.

I'm not down shooting your pipe but a shorter pipe offers more rev and kills torque. I'm just trying to understand you logic for using such a short pipe. Is it dual chambered? Just give me some idea on how it runs.

Speaking of which, I'm working on adapting Serpent AFL fuel tank lids to Assic'd tanks. I'm tired of having my fuel turn to foam due to the pressure fitting extending to the bottom of the tank. I'll keep everyone posted.
The RDLogic pipe isn't short. In actuality, the whole NTC3 exhaust system is too long. Even Motorman commented that the RDLogic pipe looks to be the right length. One of the basic tuning tips for the NTC3 is to cut 1/8"-1/2" off the header right off the bat. Plus, on big tracks, many people are running 6 tooth split anyway. I suggest you try it. The AE dual chamber with my MR12 really woke up after I cut 1/2" off the header. I'm running 21/26 and I'm not having any problems with low or high end. To each his/her own I suppose. Anyway, the pipe sold out everywhere and it just came out. It's been track tested it's the real deal. Not saying your isn't. Just saying this is.
Old 04-10-2003, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Default Motorman regarding RDLogics NTC3 pipe

Originally posted by Motorman
Now thats the right kind of pipe, I was running a hand made pipe on my TC3 when I had it that looked just like that. That pipe will bring the car alive, the length looks about correct. The stock pipe is almost an inch too long in the middle. It just is the nature of the packaging and making it shorter is no easy thing.
I think many would consider him knowledgeable.
Old 04-10-2003, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey NTC3NUT why are you running a pipe thats so short? I guess you run a shorter track then I do. I'll stick with my Dyamite pipe it's so nice and the powerband is sweet. The Centex woke up my OS TR too. The Outdoor season finally started for NJ I guess dumping a little $ into the car paid off this winter. Yea when you hit 65 down a 180ft straight, oh yea baby.

I'm not down shooting your pipe but a shorter pipe offers more rev and kills torque. I'm just trying to understand you logic for using such a short pipe. Is it dual chambered? Just give me some idea on how it runs.

Speaking of which, I'm working on adapting Serpent AFL fuel tank lids to Assic'd tanks. I'm tired of having my fuel turn to foam due to the pressure fitting extending to the bottom of the tank. I'll keep everyone posted.

why not get the new tank?....
Old 04-10-2003, 04:48 PM
Tech Regular

LoL, I broke the metal rod that connects the pipe to the brace.

So I gave an e-mail to RDLogics, asking for a replacement and a diagram, and they sent me 3 pics of my car haha.. They probably got some pictures off this thread =) I find it really funny.

I had it right the first time, and my stupid ass just had to go bending crazy and *Snap*. =(
Old 04-10-2003, 06:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

My original wire snapped first bend, after all the chrome plating flaked off that is. I have a large supply of piano wire, so I bent up a new one and polished it. Worked perfect & it's stronger to boot.
Old 04-10-2003, 06:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

As far as exhaust systems & gearing go, last year I ran a ported & cut (1/2") manifold, dual chamber pipe, and 20/26-48/54 gearing. I used this combo with a Mugen MT-12, and a JP RS12-TS1 with either a modifed 3-shoe clutch or a Kawahara centax clutch. Our track has a 230' back straight (1/8 scale track), and I had one of the fastest sedans out there. I will be very impressed if the RD pipe lives up to it's reputation and improves on last years performance. Typical speeds reached on our 230' straight where 50-55mph for the better 1/10 sedans & 60-65mph for the better 1/8 scales. That may not sound very fast to the typical "bashers", but that is ungodly fast.
Old 04-10-2003, 06:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Simon I race at a place called Zak's Hobbies In Vineland.
The number is 856-697-1300. We race every Sunday. Give them a yell and decide if you want to come on down.
Old 04-10-2003, 06:25 PM
Tech Regular

Simon I race at a place called Zak's Hobbies In Vineland.
The number is 856-697-1300. We race every Sunday. Give them a yell and decide if you want to come on down.
Can you get me the address?
Old 04-10-2003, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

ntc3nut you are good with that dremell the fins looks like
it was mashined to that shape. anyway i hope things
go good on the test and tune this weekend.

One thing that is good nobody is complaining about blown
diff gears any more wich means the new AE material is
better.
Old 04-10-2003, 06:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

TC3NUT did you say 65 for 1/8th scales? I hope thats not on the straights. God my Impact does 75 in the straights with a 3 port Nova Mega 3 port. I have some cop buddies that come there and clock our cars. My 1/8 serpent Veteq will smoke a 100 no prob on the straights on our track. Doesn't hurt that there's a RB Rodeo in there.

But you guys are only doing between 50 to 70 on an 1/8th scale track.

If you want to see speed to to the regionals in Virgina this year my whole club is going. Thats fast racing.
Old 04-10-2003, 06:34 PM
Tech Regular

TC3NUT did you say 65 for 1/8th scales? I hope thats not on the straights. God my Impact does 75 in the straights with a 3 port Nova Mega 3 port. I have some cop buddies that come there and clock our cars. My 1/8 serpent Veteq will smoke a 100 no prob on the straights on our track. Doesn't hurt that there's a RB Rodeo in there.

But you guys are only doing between 50 to 70 on an 1/8th scale track.

If you want to see speed to to the regionals in Virgina this year my whole club is going. Thats fast racing.
Tweeter do you have AOL or AIM?
Old 04-10-2003, 06:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Simon i don't know the address but if you call them right now they will still be open. In fact i'm heading there after work. so we will be there tilllike 3 in the morning. i have no life i know, but at least i love my hobbie!
Old 04-10-2003, 06:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Simon i'm CrazyCChiefF16 on AOL but i won't be on tonight
Old 04-10-2003, 06:40 PM
Tech Regular

Giving them a call now....

12 bucks... not too bad.
Old 04-10-2003, 06:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

the crazy head is a very weak heat sink, my advise is not to get t.
mine broke into half. when the car over turned.

just my 2 cents worth.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.