Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 09:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Acer sells bearings individually.

Associated uses "standard" bearing sizes for all of its kits. For instance, the wheel/hub bearings are all the same in the TC4 and B4/T4. The Differential outdrive bearings are also the same. I'm not sure, but I would not bet against it, the bearings inside of the diffs are probably the same as well. In all three kits, these bearings populate nearly the entire list of bearings in the kits.

The only different bearings in the cars are the steering rack bearings, and frankly, ceramic bearings are a complete waste for a steering rack. If I bought a kit, I would ask for extra wheel/hub bearings instead of the rack bearings (they charge the same price for all their bearings).
Old 12-08-2006, 04:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr.Maim
rcfordummies: F.Y.I. TC4 front steering blocks and rear hub carriers also fit on the TC3. The TC4 front steering blocks give you a second steering link mount location for more agressive ackermann settnigs, something that the TC3 steering blocks don't offer. The TC4 rear hub carriers don't have the hole for the grub screw that locks the hub carrier pivot bar, but a 1/2 drop of CA on the front and rear of the rear arm where the pivot enters and exits the axle is more than enough to keep it in place.

I run a TC3 and these parts and tricks work for me daily.

Best of luck! Mr.Maim

any other tc3 parts that may fit in the tc4?
Old 12-08-2006, 04:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mr Maim & S_Fender..

Thanks! Ive tried fitting it just now it works great! particularly the front steering blocks and the braces.

I think apart from those parts.. the TC4 CVDs, diffs can also fit into the TC3 as well.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:07 AM
PW
Tech Elite

http://www.racing-cars.com/usa/main.asp
Old 12-09-2006, 01:02 PM
Tech Regular

ive been out of this hobby for about a year and im comming back in. ill get new tires, rebuild the shocks. anything else before i start driving?
Old 12-18-2006, 08:09 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default Closing our doors

Hey gang, all of our remaining TC4 items are 40% off our everyday low prices. Just click here to check them out.

Kraig
KT Hobbies
Old 12-19-2006, 05:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Dall
By the way, any of you guys got any photos of a TC4FT chassis set up with the factory team ducted cooling fans?

Regards,
Hey Matt,

I use the cooling fans, not only to cool the motor but it gives a larger surface area to mount your esc on... I had a GTB fall off during a race once. No good man. Almost wrecked it!!
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC4-img_2047.jpg   Team Associated TC4-img_2048.jpg   Team Associated TC4-img_2050.jpg  
Old 12-19-2006, 08:24 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks B4Bandit,
It looks like it fits well, I have ordered one a while ago so should be at the shop to pick up soon I hope.
Do you have the VCS2 shock upgrade fitted? I've had troubles with the top O-ring seals lately (just old) so got the shock re-build kit and the O-rings that came in the kit were a bit de-formed and didn't fit correctly, so the shocks still leak!

Regards,
Old 12-20-2006, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks B4Bandit,
It looks like it fits well, I have ordered one a while ago so should be at the shop to pick up soon I hope.
Do you have the VCS2 shock upgrade fitted? I've had troubles with the top O-ring seals lately (just old) so got the shock re-build kit and the O-rings that came in the kit were a bit de-formed and didn't fit correctly, so the shocks still leak!

Regards,

The VCS2 kit requires you to remove the oring at the top of the shock body... the oring that sits at the bottom of the threads that hold on the shock cap. The inner bladder is what seals the cap to the shock body, not the outer oring. If you still have the outer oring on the shock body, then the VCS2 cap will not go all the way down and will be prone to leakage. Check it out and let us know.

Old 12-20-2006, 02:19 PM
Tech Adept

DaveW, I still have the original VCS shocks. I am thinking about getting the VCS2, I'm sure they are much easier to get right. Similar to the Tamiya system?

Regards,
Old 12-20-2006, 03:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

the VCS2is much easier to put together and results in faster and better "matched" shocks...
Old 12-20-2006, 03:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I only just replaced the old shock system with the new and haven't had a chance to run it in race conditions or otherwise. Hopefully I built them right!!!

Happy Christmas to all
Old 12-20-2006, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

DaveW, I still have the original VCS shocks. I am thinking about getting the VCS2, I'm sure they are much easier to get right. Similar to the Tamiya system?

Regards,

Like AMO3GT said, they are easier to build and more consistent from build to build. I tend to use lighter oil/springs with the VCS2 setup versus a non-bladder shock setup... the VCS2 bladders are thicker than what tamiya offers, not to mention piston hole differences and piston to shock wall clearances. I still use the bleeder screw style cap that Yokomo put out years ago, with the VCS2 "bobbin" in the bottom of the shock, no bladder. The higher grip surface you run on, the more likely you will use a bladder setup. I included a pic that shows the bleeder screw on the shock cap... its not the greatest shot but you get the idea.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC4-ftc4-1.jpg  
Old 12-20-2006, 06:50 PM
Tech Adept

DaveW
How many washers are you running with those losi hubs ??? and which hubs are they ?

C
Old 12-20-2006, 06:52 PM
Tech Regular

hey DaveW, where'd you get those CVD's? How much do they affect performance?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.