Search
Like Tree192Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcboy1
What? You're going to run a stock motor in a 4wd?
2nd largest class in Australia
Old 03-30-2013, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by OMG23RC
2nd largest class in Australia
Ahh, that would explain it then. I didnt even think to look where you were from
Old 03-30-2013, 09:36 PM

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
Have my 2nd SCT Pro and this new one if great with the larger internal BEC and there combos come with the LCD card which is awesome as most you have to buy seperately! I have seen some hobbywing stuff around here and no one has had a problem and the warranty from FALCONSEKIDO.COM is 180 days which once again awesome as some only have 30 to 60 days if that.

I had the SCT PRO/4700 combo and it was stupid fast on a 13/40 gearing and now i have the SCT PRO/4000 combo and its not like the 4700 and alittle more tame so the control is much nicer and smoother.

The biggest problems you hear are USER related to where someone didnt calibrate it right, didnt calibrate after the firmware update,or running a Tekin motor(noisey) as they interfere with the ESC and dont work properly as almost any esc with have an issue with the tekin motor unless you run a tekin esc.

Granted not all problems are user related and all companies have their quirks but thats why i suggest FALCONSEKIDO.com as they have been great when i order and great when i email for info or updates PLUS THEY ARE IN THE US, WOOT WOOT!
thank u for comming in man!!! i will get a sct with the 4000kv motor combo!!!!
Old 03-31-2013, 05:41 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi, is there anywhere to buy replacement rotors for hobbywing motors online? I put a 10.5t in my sc10 and within 3 mins sheared the rotor in 2. I've run both my old brushed silver can test rig and a novak 17.5t i had sitting around on the car since and nothing is binding so I'm hoping it was just a faulty rotor in the motor. But I can't for the life of me find somewhere to buy a replacement rotor. I've not had to replace a rotor before but I'm assuming it has to be the right part and I can't just stick any rotor in there??

Any ideas?
Old 03-31-2013, 05:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BCZero
Hi, is there anywhere to buy replacement rotors for hobbywing motors online? I put a 10.5t in my sc10 and within 3 mins sheared the rotor in 2. I've run both my old brushed silver can test rig and a novak 17.5t i had sitting around on the car since and nothing is binding so I'm hoping it was just a faulty rotor in the motor. But I can't for the life of me find somewhere to buy a replacement rotor. I've not had to replace a rotor before but I'm assuming it has to be the right part and I can't just stick any rotor in there??

Any ideas?
That would come under warranty, I would email hobbywing and they should give you another one for free.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I kno your in AUS but you could try falconsekido.com and see if they could help out...
Old 03-31-2013, 09:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Default XERUN 120a -1s problem?

I recently purchased an XERUN 120A -1s esc from hobbywing. I ran it in a hyperdrive pro4 with no problems. This week I hit the pipe on the track and the ESC slid about 2 cm's on the chassis. The double sided tape didn't hold. Anyways, then the car stopped. The battery was still connected and the on/off switch was still on. I still had steering, but no throttle. It took a few minutes of turning it off and on even recalibrating before the throttle worked again. I thought I had the problem fixed but it happened again when me and another car hit together. This time just turning it off and on worked to get the throttle working. Has anyone run into this type thing before? Does anyone think it is an ESC issue or something else. The reason I'm asking about the ESC is because it is the newest thing and the motor has been running excellent.
Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Gary
Old 03-31-2013, 10:49 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

The sct pro is not boost or timing configurable. Wondering if the 120amp would be better
Old 03-31-2013, 12:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
The sct pro is not boost or timing configurable. Wondering if the 120amp would be better
On the SCT Pro you adjust timing.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:21 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by gpklos
I recently purchased an XERUN 120A -1s esc from hobbywing. I ran it in a hyperdrive pro4 with no problems. This week I hit the pipe on the track and the ESC slid about 2 cm's on the chassis. The double sided tape didn't hold. Anyways, then the car stopped. The battery was still connected and the on/off switch was still on. I still had steering, but no throttle. It took a few minutes of turning it off and on even recalibrating before the throttle worked again. I thought I had the problem fixed but it happened again when me and another car hit together. This time just turning it off and on worked to get the throttle working. Has anyone run into this type thing before? Does anyone think it is an ESC issue or something else. The reason I'm asking about the ESC is because it is the newest thing and the motor has been running excellent.
Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Gary
Really tough to say without going over everything in your truck. If so and you went over everything just send it back they'll take care of you.I misread that the esc had come loose (nitroexpress).Next time you mount your esc use a piece of Kyosho Zeal.Definately worth the 10 bucks.Im amazed at how many people dont spend the extra 10 to protect a 100-200 dollar esc.

Last edited by Losi57; 03-31-2013 at 07:49 PM.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:32 PM
Tech Master

An unfortunate circumstance caused by driver error leads to a broken ESC. Why would this be covered under warranty?
Old 03-31-2013, 04:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Default XERUN SCT PRO 120 4000kv help

i just intalled XERUN SCT PRO 120 sensored combo with spectrum dx3c s300 receiver
scte truck ran about 4-5 minutes then throttle power went away truck would not move had steering checked out looked good then would go full throttle again run a few minutes and slow down and stop not getting hot ?
Old 03-31-2013, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shorty97
i just intalled XERUN SCT PRO 120 sensored combo with spectrum dx3c s300 receiver
scte truck ran about 4-5 minutes then throttle power went away truck would not move had steering checked out looked good then would go full throttle again run a few minutes and slow down and stop not getting hot ?
That is exactly what happens when you hit low voltage cut off.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by shorty97
I have the exact same problem with my SCT PRO 120. I am running a much slower motor (Trinity 17.5 turn). I have played with the timing and it makes the problem slightly better or worse, but never fixes it. I've tried turning the thermal protection off and that didn't help. The motor isn't getting hot even a little.

When this happens, do the lights blink on the speed control? How about turning it off and back on, does that help?

Before you try a million things, I can tell you that changing the punch mode or the LVC makes no difference, and and adjusting the timing in the esc and motor might help slightly, but I haven't figured this out either.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:11 PM
Tech Rookie

It's not LVC. I can hook my battery up to the charger and I have 3.9 volts per cell at least. On a 17.5 motor with the gearing I'm running, it should run 20 minutes and this happens after 4 or 5 minutes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.