lrp brushless esc

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

lrp brushless esc

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 12:11 AM
Tech Regular

can you run the novak 13.5 brushless with the sphere with li-po battries? on tower its says that the 13.5's Input Voltage is 4-6 cells (1.2V/cell). so is it still ok to run a 7.4v li-po with it?

and when do these new x11 brushless motors from lrp come out?
Old 11-16-2006, 01:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

You can use that combination, but if your Sphere is not the newer "Sphere Competition" version it does not have Li-Po protection. Without low voltage protection in the ESC you might cause battery voltage to drop too low causing irreversible damage to the Li-Po. This means that driving really should be stopped as soon as cars slows down.
In case you have Sphere Competition just check that you have Li-Po profile selected in the ESC.

LRP Vector X-11 motors have been in stores here in Finland two weeks now.
In our team we replaced "old" Vector 4-star (5.5T) with an X-11 5.5T and there is a BIG increase in power. Very positive experience.
Old 11-18-2006, 02:36 AM
Tech Rookie

DirtyDog3375,

What about the sensor wire of Novak 4.5R! Novak has a fixed sensor wire on it.
Does the plug fits directly to LRP Sphere Competition?
Do I need any modification on the sensor plug of novak 4.5R?
Old 11-18-2006, 04:24 AM
Tech Adept

MAD FOR TAMIYA

Yes il will fit.

Have any one tyr LRP Sphere Competition, and Novak 4.5 in a 4 cell 12 scale car ?
and what about rolout mm

and how do it perform compered to LRP 4 Star
To fast ?

Thanks
Alf :-)
Old 11-18-2006, 05:08 AM
Tech Rookie

alf.skaar,
Thank you for your help.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:27 PM
Tech Regular

Hi Alf

Based on experience running the Novak 4.5 and a GTB, gear it around 26 to 28 mmpr. Must be smilar with the LRP Sphere.

Is it quick in a 1/12th car - you bet

see you at the Euros?

MarkB
Old 06-30-2008, 09:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello guys! I bought a LRP Sphere ESC & Vector 5.5T combo from Amainhobbies. When I got it out of the package BOTH cables to the power-capacitor was loose! Is this common? What should I do now? Contact LRP or try to sold it? If I am going to sold, how do I know witch cable goes were?

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...r/IMG_2306.jpg
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...r/IMG_2309.jpg

Best regards
Calle Pledger
Old 07-09-2008, 04:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Questions?? Cut-off problem

Hi there,

I am running my Sphere speedo with a Speed passion 3,5t and having the problem that it disconnects at around minute 4

I corrected the timing from the SP motor to fit the speedo and used punch on program 3

Still it cuts arounf minute 4 , but I still have steering. By switching off and on it will keeep going after this. I measured the temp of the motor and it was 130F (not so hot). The speedo was about 110F and the battery was about 100F?!.
The 3 packs I tried produced the same results, being 2 packs brand news???

After that I canged the cap (damaged caps produce hight batt temps) but it still did the same cut -off at minute 4???
The gear ratio was 8,0 on a TRF 416.

I only did not changed the cable that comes from inside the speedo to the cap? can this be a reason why it behaves like there is no cap???

any help is very wellcome - perhasp RETO sees this post

Servus

Cy
Old 07-09-2008, 04:51 PM
AE-Reedy

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drcy
Hi there,

I am running my Sphere speedo with a Speed passion 3,5t and having the problem that it disconnects at around minute 4

I corrected the timing from the SP motor to fit the speedo and used punch on program 3

Still it cuts arounf minute 4 , but I still have steering. By switching off and on it will keeep going after this. I measured the temp of the motor and it was 130F (not so hot). The speedo was about 110F and the battery was about 100F?!.

After that I canged the cap (damaged caps produce hight batt temps) but it still did the same cut -off at minute 4???

I only did not changed the cable that comes from inside the speedo to the cap? can this be a reason why it behaves like there is no cap???

Servus

Cy
First thing I would check is to be sure the SC is not in lipo battery mode.
1 flash = lipo 2 flashes = Nimh
Old 07-09-2008, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drcy
Hi there,

Servus

Cy
Yea i had the same problem when i first got the esc. then i turned off lipo mode and everything was fine. Try this is you have not done it yet.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

On the LRP TC can a motor be run in reverse rotation ????
What wires would need to vhanged for this if i can be done ???

Just to clarify motors turn anticlock wise when looking at the pinion/shaft side i want to find it out if it can be wired to turn clockwise.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have a curious problem with my TC Spec..

I've tried it with both a SP13.5 and 17.5 Duo.. The battery is fully charged (tried both LiPo and NiMH), and when I hit full throttle the motor goes full out for a short while before I can hear a "blip" in the motor's speed once or twice every few seconds, and the orange light on the speedo blinks off quickly every time this happens.

When the speedo is at rest, I can see the blue light randomly flickering once in a while.. I think this is supposedly the LiPo cutoff warning me, but it's a fully charged pack!

I've tried turning off the LiPo cutoff mode and it still blips while running, though just thinking of it now I haven't checked to see if the blue light still blinks while at neutral.. I'll have to check..

Any suggestions?
Old 11-27-2008, 10:59 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jam-ehz
I have a curious problem with my TC Spec..

I've tried it with both a SP13.5 and 17.5 Duo.. The battery is fully charged (tried both LiPo and NiMH), and when I hit full throttle the motor goes full out for a short while before I can hear a "blip" in the motor's speed once or twice every few seconds, and the orange light on the speedo blinks off quickly every time this happens.

When the speedo is at rest, I can see the blue light randomly flickering once in a while.. I think this is supposedly the LiPo cutoff warning me, but it's a fully charged pack!

I've tried turning off the LiPo cutoff mode and it still blips while running, though just thinking of it now I haven't checked to see if the blue light still blinks while at neutral.. I'll have to check..

Any suggestions?
I had a similar problem, ended up being a faulty motor and the speedie was ok. Test with another motor if you can.
Old 11-28-2008, 01:24 AM
Tech Addict

Check your sensor wire and also make sure all other connections (to receiver and battery) are fine.
Old 11-28-2008, 05:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks for the replies, guys..

I've tried two different motors, with two different sensor leads, and they exhibit the same behaviour.

I'll have to re-check the soldering on the speedo, as I'm pretty sure the LiPo pack is okay with its connection.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.