Community
Wiki Posts
Search

lrp brushless esc

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 03:21 PM
Tech Adept

Default lrp brushless esc

How does the new lrp brushless ESC perform in brushed motor mode compared to QC2? Has any racers tried that ESC in brushed motor mode?

I am racing with a QC2. I am looking for another ESC that performs as good as QC2 perferably with brushless motor support.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I don't think you can even buy it yet....last I heard they said sometime this summer.

Later EddieO
Old 05-05-2005, 12:33 AM
Exe
Tech Regular

omg, they keep pushing back the date all the time... they promised april, now again... gr
Old 05-05-2005, 12:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
SPHERE & NEO-ONE Release Update?!?

Yup... this is really getting ridiculous! It won the 1/12th Scale ROAR Carpet Nationals so I don't see what the hold up is all about. It obviously proved it has the juice....

Hey Reto Koenig (LRP Electronics R&D Manager)... How about giving us a decent and accurate update on your product...?!

Seems like you have given-up answering questions about the Sphere and Neo-One Brushless System on LRP's own Forum!?! Definitely NOT very good business sense for a new product...
Old 05-05-2005, 01:16 AM
Exe
Tech Regular

is this motor worth anything more than novak ?
Old 05-05-2005, 04:05 AM
Tech Adept

The hold up is that all motor systems used in the race should be available in the market in certain quantities. From what I know at this thread now, this brushless ESC and motor are not even released in the market.

It is no doubt that the lrp brushless ESC motor combo is highly competitive. Other racers felt that it was unfair to race against some technology that they could not test with before the race.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:27 AM
Tech Addict

First of all, we are VERY sorry about the delays. But these were mostly out of our control due to availability of certain components and we were not willing to sell a product which isn't done according to our likes.

First batch of SPHERE speed-controls has been shipped last week, expect them to be available while I write this. Of course it will take a few weeks to fulfill all backorders but the speed-control is in full production now and shipments leave LRP every week.
The real production quantities for the motor will be sent out by end of this month, very early next month.

This is not another "guess" about the release... Again, sorry for the inconvienence but I can promise it was worth the waiting.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by burito
First of all, we are VERY sorry about the delays. But these were mostly out of our control due to availability of certain components and we were not willing to sell a product which isn't done according to our likes.

First batch of SPHERE speed-controls has been shipped last week, expect them to be available while I write this. Of course it will take a few weeks to fulfill all backorders but the speed-control is in full production now and shipments leave LRP every week.
The real production quantities for the motor will be sent out by end of this month, very early next month.

This is not another "guess" about the release... Again, sorry for the inconvienence but I can promise it was worth the waiting.
One of the most important question:

Does it works with Novak SS5800/SS4300 motor?? Any drawback?
Old 05-05-2005, 07:54 AM
Exe
Tech Regular

Tell me someone,, who tested this motor, how does it compare to a godd 12 turn motor... novak says it runs like 10 turn, but that's simply nonsense... what about lrp ?
Old 05-05-2005, 08:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Exe
Tell me someone,, who tested this motor, how does it compare to a godd 12 turn motor... novak says it runs like 10 turn, but that's simply nonsense... what about lrp ?
Well it won ROAR Carpet Nat 1/12, with Reedy NEO1 motor. So speed should be fine. But I need to know if it still perform the same with Novak SS5800 motor.

SS ESC+SS5800 is no way to be equal to 10T, not even to 19T (23T, yes, about the same). SS-Plus I don't know. But very latest one (the one haven't be released yet, again) seems very competitive since it also got good result in ROAR Carpet Nat.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:14 AM
Exe
Tech Regular

Originally posted by ttso
Well it won ROAR Carpet Nat 1/12, with Reedy NEO1 motor. So speed should be fine. But I need to know if it still perform the same with Novak SS5800 motor.

SS ESC+SS5800 is no way to be equal to 10T, not even to 19T (23T, yes, about the same). SS-Plus I don't know. But very latest one (the one haven't be released yet, again) seems very competitive since it also got good result in ROAR Carpet Nat.
12th scale i think isn't the same thing as touring... i haven't tried ss plus, but old novak esc is crap, and i'm going to use v2 motors instead of novak... g.. after my lehner, novak seems dead
Old 05-05-2005, 10:09 AM
Tech Addict

@ttso: yes, the LRP Sphere does work flawlessly with the Novak 5800/4300. The performance will be slightly better, due to lower resistance, better circuitry and especially the brake adjustability.

Of course it won't be as fast as if you'd use a Reedy Neo1 or LRP Vector motor, which has A LOT more power.

@exe: don't think you want to hear my testing report, since some people will say this is biased...
We say it's about equal power as a GOOD 9t modified brushed motor, with more RPM tough.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:15 AM
Tech Legend

SPHERE NEO-1

Will other motor winds be in the works, like 12 or 13 turns ?
Old 05-05-2005, 10:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by burito
@ttso: yes, the LRP Sphere does work flawlessly with the Novak 5800/4300. The performance will be slightly better, due to lower resistance, better circuitry and especially the brake adjustability.

Of course it won't be as fast as if you'd use a Reedy Neo1 or LRP Vector motor, which has A LOT more power.
That sounds great. Any idea what speed might equal to? 12~14T?

Also, any ETA for Vector motor?
Old 05-05-2005, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I saw a Sphere and Neo running yesterday in a TC and all I can say is that it is faster than a Reedy QM and even a good Mod.
It seems to have tons of power bandwidth...Fast from start to finish. I didn't have time to clock it but from what a saw it was fast.
Stephen <><

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.