R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-16-2006, 01:11 AM   #811
Tech Regular

can you run the novak 13.5 brushless with the sphere with li-po battries? on tower its says that the 13.5's Input Voltage is 4-6 cells (1.2V/cell). so is it still ok to run a 7.4v li-po with it?

and when do these new x11 brushless motors from lrp come out?
myk505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 02:40 AM   #812
Tech Apprentice

You can use that combination, but if your Sphere is not the newer "Sphere Competition" version it does not have Li-Po protection. Without low voltage protection in the ESC you might cause battery voltage to drop too low causing irreversible damage to the Li-Po. This means that driving really should be stopped as soon as cars slows down.
In case you have Sphere Competition just check that you have Li-Po profile selected in the ESC.

LRP Vector X-11 motors have been in stores here in Finland two weeks now.
In our team we replaced "old" Vector 4-star (5.5T) with an X-11 5.5T and there is a BIG increase in power. Very positive experience.
jarkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 03:36 AM   #813
Tech Rookie

DirtyDog3375,

What about the sensor wire of Novak 4.5R! Novak has a fixed sensor wire on it.
Does the plug fits directly to LRP Sphere Competition?
Do I need any modification on the sensor plug of novak 4.5R?
MAD FOR TAMIYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 05:24 AM   #814
Tech Adept

MAD FOR TAMIYA

Yes il will fit.

Have any one tyr LRP Sphere Competition, and Novak 4.5 in a 4 cell 12 scale car ?
and what about rolout mm

and how do it perform compered to LRP 4 Star
To fast ?

Thanks
Alf :-)
alf.skaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 06:08 AM   #815
Tech Rookie

alf.skaar,
Thank you for your help.
MAD FOR TAMIYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 03:27 PM   #816
Tech Regular

Hi Alf

Based on experience running the Novak 4.5 and a GTB, gear it around 26 to 28 mmpr. Must be smilar with the LRP Sphere.

Is it quick in a 1/12th car - you bet

see you at the Euros?

MarkB
MarkBurgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:36 AM   #817
Tech Rookie

Send a message via MSN to Calle Pe

Hello guys! I bought a LRP Sphere ESC & Vector 5.5T combo from Amainhobbies. When I got it out of the package BOTH cables to the power-capacitor was loose! Is this common? What should I do now? Contact LRP or try to sold it? If I am going to sold, how do I know witch cable goes were?

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...r/IMG_2306.jpg
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...r/IMG_2309.jpg

Best regards
Calle Pledger
Calle Pe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:16 PM   #818
Tech Apprentice

Questions?? Cut-off problem

Hi there,

I am running my Sphere speedo with a Speed passion 3,5t and having the problem that it disconnects at around minute 4

I corrected the timing from the SP motor to fit the speedo and used punch on program 3

Still it cuts arounf minute 4 , but I still have steering. By switching off and on it will keeep going after this. I measured the temp of the motor and it was 130F (not so hot). The speedo was about 110F and the battery was about 100F?!.
The 3 packs I tried produced the same results, being 2 packs brand news???

After that I canged the cap (damaged caps produce hight batt temps) but it still did the same cut -off at minute 4???
The gear ratio was 8,0 on a TRF 416.

I only did not changed the cable that comes from inside the speedo to the cap? can this be a reason why it behaves like there is no cap???

any help is very wellcome - perhasp RETO sees this post

Servus

Cy
Drcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:51 PM   #819
AE-Reedy

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drcy View Post
Hi there,

I am running my Sphere speedo with a Speed passion 3,5t and having the problem that it disconnects at around minute 4

I corrected the timing from the SP motor to fit the speedo and used punch on program 3

Still it cuts arounf minute 4 , but I still have steering. By switching off and on it will keeep going after this. I measured the temp of the motor and it was 130F (not so hot). The speedo was about 110F and the battery was about 100F?!.

After that I canged the cap (damaged caps produce hight batt temps) but it still did the same cut -off at minute 4???

I only did not changed the cable that comes from inside the speedo to the cap? can this be a reason why it behaves like there is no cap???

Servus

Cy
First thing I would check is to be sure the SC is not in lipo battery mode.
1 flash = lipo 2 flashes = Nimh
Sean Cochran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 06:38 PM   #820
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drcy View Post
Hi there,

Servus

Cy
Yea i had the same problem when i first got the esc. then i turned off lipo mode and everything was fine. Try this is you have not done it yet.

Team Yokomo - Racing Performer - Sweep Racing
Yokomo_Ant3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:32 AM   #821
Tech Elite

On the LRP TC can a motor be run in reverse rotation ????
What wires would need to vhanged for this if i can be done ???

Just to clarify motors turn anticlock wise when looking at the pinion/shaft side i want to find it out if it can be wired to turn clockwise.
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 08:24 PM   #822
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Jam-ehz

I have a curious problem with my TC Spec..

I've tried it with both a SP13.5 and 17.5 Duo.. The battery is fully charged (tried both LiPo and NiMH), and when I hit full throttle the motor goes full out for a short while before I can hear a "blip" in the motor's speed once or twice every few seconds, and the orange light on the speedo blinks off quickly every time this happens.

When the speedo is at rest, I can see the blue light randomly flickering once in a while.. I think this is supposedly the LiPo cutoff warning me, but it's a fully charged pack!

I've tried turning off the LiPo cutoff mode and it still blips while running, though just thinking of it now I haven't checked to see if the blue light still blinks while at neutral.. I'll have to check..

Any suggestions?
Old 11-27-2008, 11:59 PM   #823
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam-ehz View Post
I have a curious problem with my TC Spec..

I've tried it with both a SP13.5 and 17.5 Duo.. The battery is fully charged (tried both LiPo and NiMH), and when I hit full throttle the motor goes full out for a short while before I can hear a "blip" in the motor's speed once or twice every few seconds, and the orange light on the speedo blinks off quickly every time this happens.

When the speedo is at rest, I can see the blue light randomly flickering once in a while.. I think this is supposedly the LiPo cutoff warning me, but it's a fully charged pack!

I've tried turning off the LiPo cutoff mode and it still blips while running, though just thinking of it now I haven't checked to see if the blue light still blinks while at neutral.. I'll have to check..

Any suggestions?
I had a similar problem, ended up being a faulty motor and the speedie was ok. Test with another motor if you can.
Old 11-28-2008, 02:24 AM   #824
Tech Addict

Check your sensor wire and also make sure all other connections (to receiver and battery) are fine.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:52 AM   #825
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Jam-ehz

Thanks for the replies, guys..

I've tried two different motors, with two different sensor leads, and they exhibit the same behaviour.

I'll have to re-check the soldering on the speedo, as I'm pretty sure the LiPo pack is okay with its connection.