Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2002, 04:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Jimmyd- If you don't have a Schumacher already then you would want to get the new mission. It does seem to be better than the A2. I don't run the car but it has turned a few heads at the track since it's release. Racer X or Adrian will be able to help you out better than I could but I just wanted to let you know that it is a good car....and you heard that from a Losi guy
Old 01-03-2002, 06:27 AM
Tech Regular

LarryPryor...Good meeting you at the new Austin track Tuesday. I ended up doing pretty well, taking 2nd in Expert Stock and 3rd in 19 turn A mains...by the time we got to run the mains I was so tired I could barely see straight. Glad I didnt have to make the drive home you did. Thanks for the offer of the Mission stickers..would love to have some for Florida...

The New car is awesome...havent run it on asphalt yet, but it works great on carpet....

Ron and Dave..Great new track...was nice racing as the snow flurries fell outside....
Old 01-03-2002, 07:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'm thinking about getting a Mission for next season. Since nobody around here carries them, I'll have to order one. So I have a few questions:

1) Where is the best place to order one online?

2) What parts are the most commonly broken?
Old 01-03-2002, 08:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Cosmo: Depending on where you live, either direct from Scumacher on the East Coast, or from SpeedTechRC.Com on the West Coast (if you are ordering online, that is). Only options that are really needed is the one way (if they work on your local track) and maybe the threaded shocks (easier to set up the car). As for parts, they are VERY durable, but just to be safe, I would have a set of upper and lower front and rear arms and a set of hubs. They hardly ever break, but better to have than not to have.

Cornerspeed: I'll email it out to you when I get home.

626: No problem, I was just hoping that there would be somewhere where I could hang next time I was in Dallas.
Old 01-03-2002, 08:56 AM
Tech Regular

Swaybars

I never ran swaybars on my A2, but I did run them on the '99 (don't remember if I did on the Axis). The Mission, however, seems to like the swaybars in certain conditions, so don't count them out. Usually, swaybars give less traction on whatever end of the car they are being run on, but not always. The other day I bolted one on the car and it seemingly gave more bite since the car was leaning too much (I was running on carpet). It looks like the Mission may like having swaybars. Hey, they come with the kit so install them and just don't put the plastic pieces on the car when they are not being used. An allen wrench and two seconds are all it takes to hook them up. Once you have a good setup, hook them up and give them a try...
Old 01-03-2002, 09:47 AM
Ty
Tech Addict

Has anyone tried the Mission on carpet with foams with a stock motor? Please let me know how it compares to the TC3 and Losi XXX-S. I have a fully hopped up XXX-S. I will be testing it this weekend and if the results are not good, I am selling it to get a Mission. What upgrades do you guys recommend (titanium hingepins/turnbuckles, hex screw kit, etc.). Thanks so much.

Also, what is the setup for the car on carpet with foams in stock. I remember Adrian posted a setup from Cleveland from a team driver named Alex from Florida I believe.

Adrian: Is that team driver testing the car on carpet still with a stock motor? Let me know how it compares and setups. Thanks again.
Old 01-03-2002, 10:37 AM
Tech Regular

Ty: Alex also comes on this board, so he should be able to help with the foams (I run stock, but never on foams). As far as upgrades, my previous post has what I think are needed, but more is nice, especially more purplonium parts (diff housings, battery mounts, and Y braces). Ti is good too. Hex screws while not needed are more convient to use also. It's up to you with how much you want to spend.
Old 01-03-2002, 11:11 AM
Ty
Tech Addict

Thanks for the help Racer X.
Old 01-03-2002, 11:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Racer X - Thanks for your reply on my swaybar question, I appreciate it.
Some years ago I drove a YR4m2 pro. With that car a front sway did wonders, so there are exeptions.

But now, if a car rolls to much I prefer using harder springs and/or a higher rollcentre above using swaybars. What do you all think??
Old 01-03-2002, 11:45 AM
Tech Regular

RacerX..I had the same experience with the sway bars...tried without (rubber tires on carpet), and quickly reattached...much faster with...the stiffness of the chassis just seems to love the sway bar...

Ty...dont know about foams, but as of late last week the Mission has the track record lap time at our carpet track, where we run rubber tires. I run stock and 19 turn...with the stock motor I was able to reel in all the other major chassis (Yok, Losi, and HPI were all represented) mans to take 2nd...first drove too tight a line to pass, but I had him otherwise (Yok)....If you need one last push, borrow someones radio for a pack and try it, but only if you have cash in your wallet...

As for extra parts...run it right out of the box, as long as you have enough of the right spring for your track, probably red or yellow...extra arms and hubs will keep you racing if you catch a board, but this car is durable...

later guys..
Old 01-03-2002, 01:46 PM
Tech Champion

Matt W....that might be the ticket with the thiner grease. I know on the old car I used Losi diff grease and with the Mission I use Associated stealth diff lube might want to try that.

Ottoman.....I was thinking about trying that this weekend with the way that the track has been lately. With higher grip you would want to move them back up to the upper hole. How did you guys do at the New years day race I could not get out of bed in morning .
Old 01-03-2002, 02:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Which body do you use with the mission???

Has somebody tried different body's on the mission? I'm thinking about buying the Protoform Alfa156. We have much super fast big scale circuits in or national series so I want all the stering I can get. Anybody tried the alfa already??
Old 01-03-2002, 02:55 PM
Tech Adept

can anyine get me the chassis for the sst pro 2000 or pro 99 and the diff gear and belts?

if so e-mail me at [email protected]

thanks
Old 01-03-2002, 03:57 PM
Tech Elite

Sandor-Try a Protoform Vauxall.

I have not yet decided on sway bars at SoCal Raceway. So far no. I haven't even been dialed in yet for set-up. But getting close. The cool temps are what is hurting me. Also competing against pros, really pushing my driving ability.

Included hop-ups should also include the grey front belt.

I know someone posted a couple days ago about the front one-way has too much side to side movement. I now have the one way diff and it to has side movement. I personally like the side movement because that means the diff is not clamped down or binding. I know my rear diff has no side movement which tonight I will give it some.
Old 01-03-2002, 04:35 PM
Tech Master

Kevin, yes i was thinking stealth, or even Schumacher's own as that is quite thin.

Sandor, In the UK we generally run the Proto Vauxhall vectra as it is quite neutral, then changing to the Alfa if more initial steering is required.

Cornerspeed, It seems all the one-ways have this side movement. As long as there isn't too much (i.e so the outdrive doesn't come off the ballrace) then i would agree with you that it is probably a good thing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.