Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Palmaris engine thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2004, 12:33 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I'm really honored to be one of the first to get to run the engine, it was a blast out there this morning. For my driving style, I felt that the standard plug felt better, the bottom end was amazing. I feel that if the track had more traction (it had been rained on the night before) we would have gotten to see the power come out a lot more, I had to baby the car through most of the turns, especially getting onto the straightaway through the long sweeper which in turn cost us a lot of top end at the end.

All in all, I was very impressed with the performance of the engine, it was very powerful, and the top end was still very impressive to me even though we couldnt get all we wanted out of it. I cant wait to put that engine into my GT4 and get some actual race time on the track.
Old 02-01-2004, 04:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by stefan
Ed, your fuel is ready.
Uhm... seems that you're expanding on the fuel brewery and supplying to many people.... Should I expect to see you with a 55 Gallon drum of 30% fuel at the Wnats?

BTW: Please mail me the hotel address... this week will be quite busy for me and I'm finishing all the little details. Wanna try some very fine Enetti tyres? Will carry plenty of sets for 200mm (37, 40 & some 42's) and some for 1/8 (35 & some 37's).
Old 02-01-2004, 05:20 AM
Tech Elite

Alfonso,

check your mail for address.

I just made a special brew for Edward (no, no vodka)

I will have a bunch of Mugen fast tires 37 -42, so we should be set
Old 02-01-2004, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

check your mail for address.
I just made a special brew for Edward (no, no vodka)
Got it! thanks.

Uhm.... special brew for Edward and no vodka? Oh, wait... that special brew was for Eddie (The fish)....

If mine records doesn't fail me Vodka comes from the russian word 'voda' (that means "without water"). Shed some light about this Ed.
Old 02-01-2004, 02:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Corse-R
Got it! thanks.

Uhm.... special brew for Edward and no vodka? Oh, wait... that special brew was for Eddie (The fish)....

If mine records doesn't fail me Vodka comes from the russian word 'voda' (that means "without water"). Shed some light about this Ed.
Hey Alfonso, what is going on?
Actualy "Voda" in Russian means water. Vodka is accoiciated to water, couse can be drink that easy but need some traning.
Old 02-01-2004, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: PS12 second testing

Originally posted by C Verano
The machining on the motor is some of the best I've ever seen...Excellent job on the motor Edward.

Chris
Thanks a lot Chris for liking the work. I hope I will be able to get one of that soon for you.
Old 02-01-2004, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Randman
I'm really honored to be one of the first to get to run the engine, it was a blast out there this morning. For my driving style, I felt that the standard plug felt better, the bottom end was amazing. I feel that if the track had more traction (it had been rained on the night before) we would have gotten to see the power come out a lot more, I had to baby the car through most of the turns, especially getting onto the straightaway through the long sweeper which in turn cost us a lot of top end at the end.

All in all, I was very impressed with the performance of the engine, it was very powerful, and the top end was still very impressive to me even though we couldnt get all we wanted out of it. I cant wait to put that engine into my GT4 and get some actual race time on the track.
Randy I realy appritate that you come down to Revelation to test Palmaris. With your driving skils I realy was able to see what engine is doing and what is my next step.
Thanks a lot.
Old 02-01-2004, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

On a side note:

I just finished breaking in one of Edwards beryllium piston/sleeve/rod sets that I was planning to run at the Winternats. and that thing is very impressive.

Edward had it lapped to where it only took a very short break in time.

I started leaning it out and geeez... that engine is a bullet.

I installed the set in a Nova Mega (formerly 5 port) and prepared crank timing to Edwards recommendation.

If the P12 is even faster than that.........

I will not buy another Nova Rossi sleeve set as long as Edward's will be available.
Old 02-01-2004, 08:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default STEFAN

I was wondering what kind of run time did you get with your engine?
Paul Rush
Old 02-01-2004, 09:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

On a side note:

I just finished breaking in one of Edwards beryllium piston/sleeve/rod sets that I was planning to run at the Winternats. and that thing is very impressive.

Edward had it lapped to where it only took a very short break in time.

I started leaning it out and geeez... that engine is a bullet.

I installed the set in a Nova Mega (formerly 5 port) and prepared crank timing to Edwards recommendation.

If the P12 is even faster than that.........

I will not buy another Nova Rossi sleeve set as long as Edward's will be available.
stefan, please give us update on sleeve testing.
When I used the AAC set, the torque was amazing compared to MAX sleeve. I had to turn the 2 speed really tight ( one full turn less) to delay the 2nd gear kick in.
Old 02-01-2004, 10:35 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by Top Gun 777
Randy I realy appritate that you come down to Revelation to test Palmaris. With your driving skils I realy was able to see what engine is doing and what is my next step.
Thanks a lot.
I'd like to take a whole day to test the engine next time, we really couldnt see what the engine was capable of because the track was wet for most of the time. Give me traction, and we'll get that engine screaming.
Old 02-02-2004, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

topgun thanks for letting me try the engine. The quality of the
machining was awsome just like Chis said early on and the main
thing that stuck out was the engine had really good bottom
end torque and run time was also good.
Old 02-02-2004, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Paul,

I haven't run it on the track yet. I'll let you know after the winternats.
Old 02-02-2004, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by jwf_frani
topgun thanks for letting me try the engine. The quality of the
machining was awsome just like Chis said early on and the main
thing that stuck out was the engine had really good bottom
end torque and run time was also good.
Francis, thanks a lot for driving that engine and your advices on track are realy valuble for me. I took engine a parts last night and redesign already head botton. There was some issue which realy affecting top RPM-payed to much attention to bottom end.
Machining there is realy awsome and this is will be constant from unit to unit.
Old 02-02-2004, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Randman
I'd like to take a whole day to test the engine next time, we really couldnt see what the engine was capable of because the track was wet for most of the time. Give me traction, and we'll get that engine screaming.
Randy, ones I will come back from winternats, we will get one full day of running. but it will be on your unit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.