Wiki Posts
Search

Palmaris engine thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 10:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default EDWARD

Keep the team motors plain natural color so people can distinguish team drivers from store bought motors.I dont care for red much................Floresent green, now were talking! (ED) Here is the slower avatar!
Old 01-24-2004, 02:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

This seems to have become the avatar thread.
Old 01-24-2004, 04:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Pit-racer
No that red is too dull, needs to be more flashy and bright. It's up to you and your son.
That red is anything but dull. The picture doesn't do it justice here.
Old 01-24-2004, 06:58 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by EVOLUTION
This seems to have become the avatar thread.
I was thinking the same
Old 01-24-2004, 07:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Back to engines!
Old 01-25-2004, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Palmaris PS12

Hi guys. Run in engine yesterday with 80 % Methanol and 20 % oil ( ni nitro). Two tanks on bench full open throtle and pretty reach-aprrox 15 K RPM. Then put it on track with the same fuel and run it one more tank. Then Off road gyus came and kick me out-it is their competition day. So we moved to CP.
Switch fuel to Mugen 20 % nitro. Engine was running pretty good but still too tight. Blew glow plug. Tons of bottom end and mid range, but top speed was like modded MR12.
Was running coupl tanks with short braks ( talking to Pat Fox about engines). Every tank is 9 minuts-9 minuts 30 second. It was timed not by me ( was busy to listen engine), it was timed by one of the local respectible racer. Temperature 230 degree.
So conclusion for first day-verry satisfyed0 nothing got broken ( alot of parts my lighter then existing designs), engine has very good bottom and mid range ( most dificult to get), top speed is still chalange-next time will work with gearing and pipe. Had feeling the pipe was way to short ( RD logis one piece).
Open engine last night-still toooooo tight, I relaped it and will play with that next Saturday with Randy's help.
Old 01-25-2004, 07:38 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Palmaris PS12

Originally posted by Top Gun 777
So conclusion for first day-verry satisfyed0 nothing got broken ( alot of parts my lighter then existing designs), engine has very good bottom and mid range ( most dificult to get), top speed is still chalange-next time will work with gearing and pipe. Had feeling the pipe was way to short ( RD logis one piece).
Ed, good to hear that you got your engine working up and running ! Can't wait to see one running.

Question... If you're looking for top speed high RPM, shouldn't a short pipe like the RDLogic one piece be ideal? A longer pipe would not give better high engine RPM though. Perhaps you have other reasons...
Old 01-25-2004, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Palmaris PS12

Originally posted by InitialD
Ed, good to hear that you got your engine working up and running ! Can't wait to see one running.

Question... If you're looking for top speed high RPM, shouldn't a short pipe like the RDLogic one piece be ideal? A longer pipe would not give better high engine RPM though. Perhaps you have other reasons...
I can easy get engine running with RD logic pipe ( one piece), but don't want to loose my bottom end which I have now. So this is why I sad it is challange. I can change exhaust timing and will get that top speed which I want to, but it will defenetly impact my botom end, stability ( like Kalashnikov AK47). No I want to get the way arround, come on, just first 7-8 tanks of new design, I need to work on it more. Head shimming, gearing, pipe- I need one more day ( may be today after work for couple hours.
Old 01-25-2004, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Hi Edward,

great to hear that your initial shake down went good, w/o any broken parts. I think that's all you can ask for at the very firt run.

Question, is it not likely that the engine will have more top end once she's fully broken in?

You say that she's still very tight.

I my experience, they gain a lot of top end when they become a bit looser.

Good luck for your next run..
Old 01-25-2004, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

Oh, btw, myself and a friend ran the first batch of my fuel in 8th scale buggy yesterday.

I have a Picco G1 pro BV in my buggy that always gave me trouble with idle and temp.

Changed only to my fuel yesterday and she ran like a champ.

Steady idle through a full tank, ungodly hp.

My friend also saw a gain in horse power and a drop in temp.

I'm happy
Old 01-25-2004, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by stefan
Hi Edward,

great to hear that your initial shake down went good, w/o any broken parts. I think that's all you can ask for at the very firt run.

Question, is it not likely that the engine will have more top end once she's fully broken in?

You say that she's still very tight.

I my experience, they gain a lot of top end when they become a bit looser.

Good luck for your next run..
Hi Stefan. How is going.
I have suspect the same thing and this is why i did relaped already piston. I don't worry if something missing in performance now at this stage, for me most important is engine parts ( you saw the shaft"s pic), conrod, bearings etc. I was thinking the bottom end will be an issue, top speed it is easiest part to get.
Old 01-25-2004, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Oh, btw, myself and a friend ran the first batch of my fuel in 8th scale buggy yesterday.

I have a Picco G1 pro BV in my buggy that always gave me trouble with idle and temp.

Changed only to my fuel yesterday and she ran like a champ.

Steady idle through a full tank, ungodly hp.

I'm happy
I look forward to use that fuel.
Old 01-25-2004, 09:25 AM
Tech Regular

what happens when the sleeve gets worn out. how do you replace it if it is 1 piece with the casing ?
Old 01-25-2004, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Seems you've had some success blending your own fuel.... Is a brand new 'Stefan's recipe' or I know it?
Old 01-25-2004, 09:42 AM
Tech Master

Tranced. You simply replace the complete section of the casing/sleeve.

It may sound more strange but if you want power you got to be willing to take on the changes and pay for the goods.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.