Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks, Don...unfortunately they're not really ballends. The end fits over a hollow sleeve that's round on the outside. The end snaps onto the round part. You put a screw through the sleeve to screw it to the Chub. Problem is there's so much play between the sleeve and end that the wheel probably has as much as 4 degrees of play if looking from a camber perspective. My car lacks a little turn in too. Makes my wonder how that's affecting front grip. Puts more guess work into setting camber.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:49 PM
Tech Adept

Just thought I would post a few pics of my Lipo powered T2. The modifications to get the Lipo to fit turned out really nice. I took the rear bulkhead into work and had a machinist remove material up to the tangent of the hump. Put spacers under the battery strap. Modified all four plastic pieces at the corners of the battery, note the two outboard pieces I had to take the sides down as well to slip the battery in.
Attached Thumbnails NEW XRAY T2-top.jpg   NEW XRAY T2-side.jpg   NEW XRAY T2-side-2.jpg  
Old 06-12-2006, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Davenport
Just thought I would post a few pics of my Lipo powered T2. The modifications to get the Lipo to fit turned out really nice. I took the rear bulkhead into work and had a machinist remove material up to the tangent of the hump. Put spacers under the battery strap. Modified all four plastic pieces at the corners of the battery, note the two outboard pieces I had to take the sides down as well to slip the battery in.
nice work on gettin that thing to fit in
looks lyk a hard one
Old 06-13-2006, 06:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOTMAN
Thanks, Don...unfortunately they're not really ballends. The end fits over a hollow sleeve that's round on the outside. The end snaps onto the round part. You put a screw through the sleeve to screw it to the Chub. Problem is there's so much play between the sleeve and end that the wheel probably has as much as 4 degrees of play if looking from a camber perspective. My car lacks a little turn in too. Makes my wonder how that's affecting front grip. Puts more guess work into setting camber.
This play makes it very difficult to get a precise amount of camber in the tires.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davenport

Nice work.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cvt01
I think I read in this thread that the roll center area break issue has been addressed on the new series of shock towers (and cars of course) - I may be wrong
CVT01,

Nope you are 100 % correct. Xray came out with newer thicker shock towers a few months back because of this issue, but they kept the same stock numbers.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:54 AM
Tech Adept

Can someone tell me the difference in thickness? SO I can measure mine and see which I have.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

FYI,

The small aluminum braces previously used on the FK05 adjustable top deck will also work well to stiffen the T2 top deck. Two of them should be mounted in the middle and rear hole pairs along the center cut of the top brace. (see image)

The braces will be made available separately on an updated price list in the near future (no specified date at this time).
Attached Thumbnails NEW XRAY T2-t2-top-deck.jpg  
Old 06-13-2006, 01:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mongo
Can someone tell me the difference in thickness? SO I can measure mine and see which I have.
They have the same thickness as the old towers, but with more material around the roll center area for more durability.
Old 06-13-2006, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Anyone have Travis Schreven's winning setup for Onroad Nats this last weekend? Or Esposito's?

TANKS!
Old 06-13-2006, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

I'm still trying to find his setup from the Reedy Race
Old 06-13-2006, 05:50 PM
Tech Addict

I have his setup from the reedy, and i have everything from the nats but Droop. When I asked him for the droop he said it was eyeballing it.

Reedy was:

2 Caster
2 Camber all around
5 Front droop
4 Rear
0 Front toe
2.5 rear toe
White Springs front
Yellow back
Middle Roll Center

Nats Was:
4 caster
2 camber all around
Blue/green color spring all around
Front and Rear Sway bars: Gold
0 Front toe
2.5 rear toe
Middle Roll Center

I used his droop from the reedy 5/4

This is close. I think, not sure, he might of had a 1.5 shim in the front and 3.0shim in the back of the front arm. If that makes sense.
Nick
Old 06-13-2006, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JohnMatrix
I have his setup from the reedy, and i have everything from the nats but Droop. When I asked him for the droop he said it was eyeballing it.

Reedy was:

2 Caster
2 Camber all around
5 Front droop
4 Rear
0 Front toe
2.5 rear toe
White Springs front
Yellow back
Middle Roll Center

Nats Was:
4 caster
2 camber all around
Blue/green color spring all around
Front and Rear Sway bars: Gold
0 Front toe
2.5 rear toe
Middle Roll Center

I used his droop from the reedy 5/4

This is close. I think, not sure, he might of had a 1.5 shim in the front and 3.0shim in the back of the front arm. If that makes sense.
Nick
Thanks, Nick...but do you have the complete setup with arm spacing and shock oil, etc
Old 06-13-2006, 06:18 PM
Tech Addict

I think Walter C does. I'll email him tonight and see if I can get it.

Im pretty sure it's 3 holes open and xray 30 wt.

And arm spacing is the orginal from the kit set up.

But With my luck im prob totally wrong and everyone will go out and run the wrong stuff, so Ill double check as soon as I can.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks, Nick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.