Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
I couldn't be more apologetic for how long its taking. Unfortunately I had a last minute call up to once again disappear into oblivion again but I'm back and full steam ahead into getting the V2 spool finished. The good news will be that an improved spool and better outdrives will both be available very soon. I am biting the bullet and making a large enough quantity to be sure that no more delays will be experienced again.

I will talk to skyrocket(if he is still willing to talk to me) and discuss some kind of special deal for those that have had orders in and have been waiting so patiently. Something along the lines of a couple of sets of outdrives free with all existing pre orders.

Really can't wait to get it done and start work on some other ideas I have.
Paul, I think my skype thing is broken for whatever reason it doesn't want to start-up anymore, I'll drop you an email when I get home from work.

Hahaha, welcome to my world let me tell you once you have something popular that you make, this is the time when everyone else in the world wants you to do something that takes you away from building that thing . Trust me you have nothing but understanding and sympathy from me I'm in the same boat!
Old 06-15-2010, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anyone know who has the best price on the front lcd's? I also need c-hubs and steering blocks for the Type R...thanks!
Old 06-15-2010, 01:51 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TryHard
On the diff front, I modded a tube last night to take a D-ring plate, and also drilled out a diff pulley to remove the clip parts in the holes... I have a hunch that they don't help the action in the slightest. I'm going to build it up for the weekend, and see how it feels.

@decibels; Cheers for the info on the diff spring though, been looking for another one... Not overly keen on the kit item, none of the ones I've had seem completely perpendicular, so introduces a high spot..

HiH
Ed
We did the d-ring diff mod a while back and while it has its good points it costs a whole lot more to run your diff. Any dirt that gets in the diff gets between the pulley and the tube and wears both very quickly. I destroyed 4 diff tubes doing this and will never do it again. I found that supergluing the brass plate to the diff tube is the best compromise in this department.

The TC5 diff spring works a treat in keeping the pressure on the thrust bearing nice and even. To go one better I also now run the thrust bearing towards the middle of the diff and the spring towards the outside (reverse of kit) and find this works great.

I have improved the diff alot since I first got the car so I might go down the road of ceramic diff balls again soon but my exp is that carbide offers less slip while being very free anyway.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:54 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by YmeBP
Paul, I think my skype thing is broken for whatever reason it doesn't want to start-up anymore, I'll drop you an email when I get home from work.

Hahaha, welcome to my world let me tell you once you have something popular that you make, this is the time when everyone else in the world wants you to do something that takes you away from building that thing . Trust me you have nothing but understanding and sympathy from me I'm in the same boat!
The trouble is he got a job so now he has less time for us... Maybe we should put in some effort to get him sacked! I can see some good points in this (but would feel very slack too). Maybe he just needs to get a good assortment of parts going so it becomes all he does!
Old 06-15-2010, 05:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by GCracker
HORIZON HOBBY CUSTOMER SERVICE
You want warranty replacements?

JRXS Type R Owner
I think I'm entitled to them.

You want warranty replacements!?!

JRXS Type R Owner
I want new arms!!!

(stunned silence)

You can't handle new arms!

(continuing)
Son, we live in a world with injection molded plastics. And Losi’s injection moulding has to be supported by manufacturing companies in Asia. Who's gonna do it? RPM? Integy? Losi’s A-Arms have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for your R-Type and you curse Losi. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: That you’re a-Arms death, while tragic, probably saved your chassis. And Losi’s warranty, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, is not going to provide you with replacement new arms.

(beat)

You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want the new EA3 arms. YOU NEED THE NEW EA3 arms.
(boasting)

We use words like heat, pressure, vacuum forming...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent building performance plastics. You use 'em as a punchline.

(beat)

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain Losi to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very technology I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I'd prefer you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a wrench and fix it yourself! Either way, I don't give a damn what you think about our warranty!

JRXS Type R Owner
(quietly)
Did you use substandard manufacturing processes?

(beat)
I did the job Losi sent me to do.

JRXS Type R Owner
Did you use substandard manufacturing processes!?!

(pause)
You're goddamn right I did!!!
Ok, I admit it. I have been slowly reading this whole thread when I have time. I just got to this post.
Funniest SH*T Ive ever read!!@! LOLOLOL.
That was awesome!

btw- that was from July of '07, page 319
Old 06-15-2010, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Donny Lia
Ok, I admit it. I have been slowly reading this whole thread when I have time. I just got to this post.
Funniest SH*T Ive ever read!!@! LOLOLOL.
That was awesome!

btw- that was from July of '07, page 319
Excellent! Thankfully, also forgotten times of broken arms.

There is, was, a hilarious video of Hitler on youtube yelling about the Tekin RS, but it looks like the resistance pulled it down. Anyone know where that video is?
Old 06-16-2010, 03:27 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
Excellent! Thankfully, also forgotten times of broken arms.

There is, was, a hilarious video of Hitler on youtube yelling about the Tekin RS, but it looks like the resistance pulled it down. Anyone know where that video is?
There is a whole heap of funny hitler vids that all use the same clip. The Tekin one was good though.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:55 AM
Tech Master

Does anybody have any pictures of how they're modifying their top decks to get more flex ?
Thanks.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Tried the inner steering rack holes tonight, and the difference that I can tell is that it gives more high speed on-power steering with little changes anywhere else. Anyone found this to be what they have felt?
Old 06-16-2010, 09:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jag88
Does anybody have any pictures of how they're modifying their top decks to get more flex ?
Thanks.
I've got a few, will hopefully be up on my site some point this weekend as I continue with the build guide

Ed
Old 06-16-2010, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrxs-r
Tried the inner steering rack holes tonight, and the difference that I can tell is that it gives more high speed on-power steering with little changes anywhere else. Anyone found this to be what they have felt?
I found that the inner holes on the steering rack were more aggressive everywhere, which was particularly apparent in the infield sections (this was with the front arms in the middle position).
Old 06-16-2010, 02:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
I found that the inner holes on the steering rack were more aggressive everywhere, which was particularly apparent in the infield sections (this was with the front arms in the middle position).
I found the same thing which is generally the case when you run less ackerman. I prefer the kit setting and then tune steering performance with rear toe angle if you need more. This offers much better stability for the same amount of steering.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:51 AM
Tech Rookie

I've just bought a couple of these 2nd hand off ebay to have a play with and so far am really impressed with the car. I've given it a rough setup, and it's lapping on our indoor course at a similar pace to my Mi4, however my Mi4 has had a lot more time spent on the setup and a better ESC / Motor.

I'm sure this post is full of handy tips for the setup, but 780 pages will take ages to read through to find them, so can anybody let me know if there are any 'top tips' I need to follow to get the best out of the car or have a copy of thier setup sheet for a high grip carpet surface.

Also I'm having a bit of a problem finding a new lipo that fits into the car as all the ones I've tried rub on the layshaft, is there a mod to the layshaft to make it wider?

Thanks.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:28 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Markeo
Also I'm having a bit of a problem finding a new lipo that fits into the car as all the ones I've tried rub on the layshaft, is there a mod to the layshaft to make it wider?

Thanks.

Not much you can do to the stock layshaft, your best bet is to get a FlyingFox center layshaft. If your in the States, you could probably get one rather fast from SkyRocket Racing
Old 06-18-2010, 12:15 PM
Tech Rookie

I bought a new kit and my 5000mah lipo's aren't anywhere near the layshaft. In addition the car came with a lipo and standard battery tray. I think they have updated the car over time...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.