Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 06:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
To be honest, I haven't had enough time with the car yet to fully get o'fait with all the setup options, literally about 6runs, and most of thoose weren't pretty thanks to a few new build/speedo niggles.

Car at the moment just has a setup Steve and Chris were running last weekend, and their cars looked good on track, and the stop watch was giving good figures, so for the moment, simply bolting that on and going from there. Whilst not mega high grip, the Mendip track does run nitro/foam most of the time, so there is decent enough levels of grip, and I know Steve improved his fastest time by about 0.3s going to the high rollcentres... so they go on the car for now

Only addition I've put on is the roll bars atm, but thats more to test fit the link lengths etc and check the bar tweak (which interestingly, was pefect first time out ), for first practise they are coming off.

As for a modified MMP setting, Chris has been running an old Peak 3.5t (equiv to a SP v2) with his MMP and the following settings;

FDR; 8ish (I quote.. )
CHEAT Timing; 14°
CHEAT RPM; 25000-32000
Start Power; Medium
Dead Band; Smallest

Not sure on punch control settings, but otherwise, cars a rocket

Regards
Ed
You know your track has good grip when you have no choice but to run low roll centers to keep the car on its wheels
Old 05-11-2010, 06:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I am just curious how are you guys breaking your top decks.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dfiantii
I think most want extra top decks because we are modifying them for different flex characteristics.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dfiantii
mine was cut to thin for clearing the bullet conectors and I had the screws out of the uprights so it twisted and cracked between the bullet conector and servo horn opening. My fault, should have left the cut uprights on it instead of uprights and no screws
Old 05-12-2010, 04:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I got my new layshaft today, thanks Pablo.
Is there a way to use the stock spurs with it?
Otherwise what spurs is everyone else using?
Old 05-12-2010, 05:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

The stock spurs will not longer work,i use kimbrough
Old 05-12-2010, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BennyBagems
I got my new layshaft today, thanks Pablo.
Is there a way to use the stock spurs with it?
Otherwise what spurs is everyone else using?
The FF layshaft is intended to hold TC specific spurs such as Robinson, PRS, etc.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Tech Master

I had a FF layshaft for a while but didn't put it on yet. I already clearanced my lipos and I have a whole bunch of Losi kevlar spurs already. Another Type R racer also gave me his Losi spurs when he switched over to the FF shaft so i'll be good for a while lol.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

I painted up my new body for the Type R last night, pretty simple design but I think it will stand out on the track. All I need now is my spool and it will be complete, then I will be challenging the top guy at our track...

Old 05-14-2010, 07:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I painted up my new body for the Type R last night, pretty simple design but I think it will stand out on the track. All I need now is my spool and it will be complete, then I will be challenging the top guy at our track...

nice paint job, I like it.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The car is super fast on carpet! I can't wait to see it on our outdoor track.
A great kit to buy if you want to be fast in a hurry.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

My car performed well yesterday, felt nice and consistent, still has some push which I am struggling to eliminate. One problem I keep having is the LCDs keep chewing up, they seem to wear the rubber seal that hold the pins in, then the pin flies out, I have brand new front c-hubs, so they shouldn't be a problem.
Does anyone else have this problem? I'm going through rebuild kits like they are going out of fashion.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My car performed well yesterday, felt nice and consistent, still has some push which I am struggling to eliminate. One problem I keep having is the LCDs keep chewing up, they seem to wear the rubber seal that hold the pins in, then the pin flies out, I have brand new front c-hubs, so they shouldn't be a problem.
Does anyone else have this problem? I'm going through rebuild kits like they are going out of fashion.
I have had no problems with the LCD's for more than one year of running this chassis, others even longer. I rebuild every race meet due to outdoor racing but they would be good for a couple used indoors especially on carpet. I use a long tube of heatshrink from my local electronics store and chop off a little for each rebuild, shrink it down then trim it so there is no overhang. It works a treat. In fact so good I don't use the grub screws in the rear RCD's anymore but heat shrink there as well!
Old 05-16-2010, 06:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
I have had no problems with the LCD's for more than one year of running this chassis, others even longer. I rebuild every race meet due to outdoor racing but they would be good for a couple used indoors especially on carpet. I use a long tube of heatshrink from my local electronics store and chop off a little for each rebuild, shrink it down then trim it so there is no overhang. It works a treat. In fact so good I don't use the grub screws in the rear RCD's anymore but heat shrink there as well!
I tried the heatshrink too, but they still wear, I can't even finish a race without losing one at the moment.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I tried the heatshrink too, but they still wear, I can't even finish a race without losing one at the moment.
I can't understand why you are having such a big problem... I have been lazy sometimes and run quite a few meets without touching the LCD's. I hate to say it but you must be doing something funny or wrong with the heatshrink. Is there anyone else running the losi at your local? Maybe get them to show you what they are doing with their LCD's. I'll try to post some pics later.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.