Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMB Transponder Cloning

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 08:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

thanks terry s. i got my PT today!! the thing is cool!! i like the blue light and the fact that its smaller than my AMB. didnt take long at all, postage says it was sent out on 4/11/09 (UK 11/04/09 right?) i got it today so thats quick to me your customer service great too!!! im 1 of 2 that i know of at my local track here in NC that have the MRT PTX. thanks

PS the first time i saw this PT it was in a RC MAG during a MBX6 test. just so you know how i found out about the ptx.
Attached Thumbnails AMB Transponder Cloning-dscn2569.jpg   AMB Transponder Cloning-dscn2573.jpg   AMB Transponder Cloning-dscn2576.jpg  

Last edited by RCworks216; 04-17-2009 at 09:28 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

ptx works GREAT!!!! had a guy with a AMB that was having trouble all day!! LOL
Old 04-20-2009, 09:59 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

After going through rclaps.com, im a tad confused. What I want is a brand-new unique transponder, NOT cloned from one I already have.... is 9981 what I want?

http://www.team-mrt.com/mrtwebshop/e...Fmoreinfo.html

Second question.. considering there is no number printed on the case, how do you enter your PT number at the track when they ask you? (forgive the noob question)
Old 04-20-2009, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
After going through rclaps.com, im a tad confused. What I want is a brand-new unique transponder, NOT cloned from one I already have.... is 9981 what I want?

http://www.team-mrt.com/mrtwebshop/e...Fmoreinfo.html

Second question.. considering there is no number printed on the case, how do you enter your PT number at the track when they ask you? (forgive the noob question)
The only way to get a "unique" transponder is to get an AMB. Rclaps can only clone your existing or provide you with a transponder with 20 pre-programed numbers.

Somewhere on this thread there is a list of the 20 pre-programmed numbers. The scoring software should also recognize a number and the race director and drag and drop it to your name when you "check" on the warm-up laps.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:26 AM
Tech Lord

I see I see I see... thanks for the clarification.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

I see I see I see... thanks for the clarification.
If you are planning to run at Fantasy World you can check mine out as I have a couple on the way.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:36 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by mkdut
If you are planning to run at Fantasy World you can check mine out as I have a couple on the way.
I AM actually! But, I will need my second PT by the time I get there (one for me, one for the misses). Debating whether to go with one of these, or buy a used AMB.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I AM actually! But, I will need my second PT by the time I get there (one for me, one for the misses). Debating whether to go with one of these, or buy a used AMB.
If you get the PTX you have the advantage of using the cloned number for whenever you race the car both cars. If the misses uses the car you just push the small button on thre PTX so it switches to another number. It is very easy to do the number swap. It is only a matter of seconds in between different numbers and it is easy going back to your cloned number. The instructions are easy to use.

The PTXs I have have been in use for almost a year and no troubles what so ever. I have 4 of them and only used 2 of them. Being that these work so well I am sure the other 2 are fine also.

I know most racers don't want to veer away from AMB because of its reliabuility. MRT PTXs are just as reliable plus smaller and lighter. No regrets of using MRT. If the wire ever frays on mine, it looks a bit tight to replace the wire but it can be done and you will not butcher the case like on the AMB. The bottom cover of the PTX is screwed on.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

If you get the PTX you have the advantage of using the cloned number for whenever you race the car both cars. If the misses uses the car you just push the small button on thre PTX so it switches to another number. It is very easy to do the number swap. It is only a matter of seconds in between different numbers and it is easy going back to your cloned number. The instructions are easy to use.

So let me get this right ( I'm a little hard headed) I can have two numbers with the same transponder? The cloned one from my amb and one that is already in the ptx.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by pete8541

So let me get this right ( I'm a little hard headed) I can have two numbers with the same transponder? The cloned one from my amb and one that is already in the ptx.
Actually it's 21 numbers. The clone from the AMB(which you have to send to them) and the 20 preprogrammed.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Krio
Just sent my transponder in to clone and am looking forward to the smaller footprint.
Sent it 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything. Are they still behind on email?
Old 04-21-2009, 03:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Krio
Sent it 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything. Are they still behind on email?
It appears that they are. I did finally get an email to say mine had shipped after about the same amount of time. Keep emailing Terry, I think that they are really swamped with orders.

[email protected]
Old 04-21-2009, 08:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pete8541

Originally Posted by mkdut
Actually it's 21 numbers. The clone from the AMB(which you have to send to them) and the 20 preprogrammed.
20 numbers plus your PT# is correct. If you want your PT back it is yours but if you sell it to MRT then I think that is where your number can end up as one of the preprogrammed numbers. I chose to get mine back. Very happy with MRTs sevices.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

They all have 21 numbers in them. The first 20 are the same in all of them. The 21st number is either your PT clone, or a random number from the ones Terry has bought up.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

where do I send it and do they accept paypal?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.