Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 03:12 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
time to move the chains...for you guys thinking that 21.5/bl is faster...get you newbies into VTA..and sale them your 27t/4cells combos...and then take $150 and buy yourself a Havok ...best deal going..and it works very well in this class...

****PLEASE DONT BUY A HIGH DOLLAR ESC WITH ADVANCED TIMING***
I know there is a pot around here looking for a kettle!!!!!

..I know, I know... you don't run that car. me neither.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedsterblade
I know there is a pot around here looking for a kettle!!!!!

..I know, I know... you don't run that car. me neither.
LOL...so not fair, so not fair....just trying to help ppl not kill the class...keep a nice even playing field...
Old 06-23-2009, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
time to move the chains...for you guys thinking that 21.5/bl is faster...get you newbies into VTA..and sale them your 27t/4cells combos...and then take $150 and buy yourself a Havok ...best deal going..and it works very well in this class...

****PLEASE DONT BUY A HIGH DOLLAR ESC WITH ADVANCED TIMING***
The Havoks at Coyote Hobbies Raceway do nothing but thermal with any battery over 20c rating.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jkirkwood
The Havoks at Coyote Hobbies Raceway do nothing but thermal with any battery over 20c rating.
I've seen several guys at my place thermal the Havoks as well...one guy has been doing it witih a 17.5/4cell - he only gets like 4 mins of the 6 min run before the havok shuts down

I hope the 'no high dollar esc' is a local thing, darkside - because if its someting people are trying to 'force' for everyone, THAT will kill the class..

so what would happen if I came down there to run with my Tekin RS in my car? would I not be allowed to run? just curious why you guys are doing this....
Old 06-24-2009, 06:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Just received new info on the awards for the Three Rivers Festival Race in Ft. Wayne, IN

"I received more details on the awards today for the event. Trophies will be awarded to the top 8 finishers in the A-main and the top 3 finishers in the A-main will also receive cash awards. First place $500.00, second place $250.00, and third place $100.00. Hope everyone can attend and join in the fun of the VTA racing and the festival."

The festival organizers are wanting to make this a great event!! Remember there will also be door prize give-aways and a free T-shirt for every entry.

Originally Posted by S.Heath
Three Rivers Festival Vintage Trans-Am Race Saturday July 11
Three Rivers Festival in Fort Wayne, IN
This official Three Rivers Festival event will be held outdoors on a street course on Calhoun street just west of Headwaters Park in downtown Fort Wayne, IN. Pit space with electricity will be available in the pavillion in Headwaters park. Three heats and a main will be run with all heats and mains being 8 minutes. Entry fee for pre-registrations will be $25 and $35 day of race. Each entry will recieve a free T-shirt and entry tickets for the door prize drawings. Trophies will be awarded. With the turnouts that Summit Raceway had at this past season's Vintage Trans-Am Midwest Super Series event, and the VTA class at the ROAR Region 5 Onroad, we are expecting a great crowd. Check out the flyer and registraion form HERE.
Links to the flyer and entry can also be found at the Summit R/C Raceway website at www.summitrcraceway.com, and at the Three Rivers Festival website at www.trfonline.org.
Also check out the many other events taking place during the Festival. The racing will take place withing walking distance of the Verizon Events Pavillion, Arts in the Park display, the Meijer Fest Unlimited with kiddie rides, helicopter rides, bungee jumping and climbing wall, the Crafter's Market and of course Food Alley with a huge selection of festival foods to enjoy.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jkirkwood
I have been reading the Havoc thread and I think they have the issues with Havoc figured out. For a while something wasnt right. I am going to order one straight from Novak.

About the other esc's.... A bunch of us at the local track got them (rs and lpx) and I think the class lost some of the fun. We were fast, super fast, but getting the right set up on the VTA tires was crazy. We chased set ups and gearing every week. And they break as well. Just sent mine back to LRP. Many changed tires and motors and went to Touring. Last year VTA was our largest class. This year (besides slash) I would say it would be touring (17.5). My 2 cents
Old 06-24-2009, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

"First place $500.00, second place $250.00, and third place $100.00.
jeez. i might have to find a car for this. robk, you out there?
Old 06-24-2009, 07:19 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by k_bojar
I hope the 'no high dollar esc' is a local thing, darkside - because if its someting people are trying to 'force' for everyone, THAT will kill the class..

so what would happen if I came down there to run with my Tekin RS in my car? would I not be allowed to run? just curious why you guys are doing this....
You'd still be able to run but may be asked to tune it down if it's ballistic!

the race dir got a brushless motor tester and is trying to come up w/ a rule to prevent all the highend/dynamic timing escs from just blowin everyone else away... cause they do. We're still researching the options. We ususally have a radar gun and look at the speeds... he tries to limit top speed to 24mph....if you are faster (regardless of any fancy gear), you'd probably be asked to tune it down either on the esc or FDR. It's all in the sake of fairness and keeping the field as level as possible...which is good for the class.

Personally I'm mixed on this potential rule.... I like the more on the same level of speed goal, but feel I should be able to run the usvta rules and still be legal locally.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:27 AM
Tech Champion

Im torn on that too. Im in the market for a new ESC. I sold a GTB at far less than it was worth so that I could use the money for a Tekin RS. I just dont think I can bring myself to buy a GTB or Havok instead.

But chosing a slower profile seems like something easy enough to do, and reversible by the end of the day with out any added expense.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trophies will be awarded to the top 8 finishers in the A-main
Around here the top 8 finishers is the A main. Maybe just the top 6.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by seaball
jeez. i might have to find a car for this. robk, you out there?
Just as I predicted, the ringers are coming out of the woodwork
Old 06-24-2009, 08:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

How are people thermalling the Havocs when we're using them in Florida in direct sunlight on concrete?

Hottest temps we've seen are the 120 degree range.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
Just as I predicted, the ringers are coming out of the woodwork
pro-stock 4-life!

(nah, it was more of an idle threat).
Old 06-24-2009, 09:12 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by speedsterblade
You'd still be able to run but may be asked to tune it down if it's ballistic!

the race dir got a brushless motor tester and is trying to come up w/ a rule to prevent all the highend/dynamic timing escs from just blowin everyone else away... cause they do. We're still researching the options. We ususally have a radar gun and look at the speeds... he tries to limit top speed to 24mph....if you are faster (regardless of any fancy gear), you'd probably be asked to tune it down either on the esc or FDR. It's all in the sake of fairness and keeping the field as level as possible...which is good for the class.

Personally I'm mixed on this potential rule.... I like the more on the same level of speed goal, but feel I should be able to run the usvta rules and still be legal locally.
Originally Posted by pejota
How are people thermalling the Havocs when we're using them in Florida in direct sunlight on concrete?

Hottest temps we've seen are the 120 degree range.
Speedster is right...its not about beating the field by 2 laps...we are trying to put more into setup and driving...someone with a high dollar esc will have to make an adjustment...example...LRP SPX on profile 1-6...the dyno that he is using works wonders...Im amazed at how even it made our top 10 last race..

but in case of a BIG race and enough are running advanced timing esc..he will make a call on it to allow to open it up..its just to keep it in the moto...

"FUN,FAIR,CHEAP"....I dont run my SPX against other racers running reg esc's and if I do/have I run it on profile 4...

as far as the Havok..we have around 4-5 of our racers running them with no problems at all...I wish it came out when the VTA was making rules and set it as the ONLY ESC/MTR combo...I wonder how big the class would have been then w/o all the adjustments....

dont forget to have fun..and beating the field by 2-3 laps isnt close racing
Old 06-24-2009, 09:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

last race my havok lasted till the main then thermaled. my gears are 53/88. it lasted half of the main then stopped.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.