Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 03:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stormperson
Hey Paul, I wanted to thank you for all of your advice. Having rarely run mod or much rubber tire I was able to win a regional trophy race recently which was nice after not running much in the past few years. I have to say, now with brushless and lipo, and also rubber tire, it will be interesting to see if mod catches on more, as you do not need to go a race with a bunch of motors and stick to be quasi competitive. As a long time stock and 19t turn driver it is seems a lot more managable to run mod at the club race level and consider it for big races, and a few other people have been commenting on it as well.

I had one more rubber tire question for you... Have you tried the HPI springs on the T3 on recently on any xray cars? I have always noticed that a lot of people run them on their cars regardless of chassis (and thus suspension geometry) on asphalt, and was wondering what the difference was and if you knew what they were approxametly equal to compared to the xray black springs (in terms of lbs/inch oppose to their feel, as I assume it has to do with them being progressive in a different way or how it affects the feel)

Thank you very much and good luck at the Reedy Race!
Its been reported a number of times that the Xray guys are not allowed to comment on the HPI spring situation.

I believe that the Xray guys when filling out setup sheets have a code for the springs

2.6 = Blue
2.8 = Silver
etc

It was posted not long ago that they are actually measured as 1 rate lighter, being 2.4 = Blue 2.6 = Silver

The car definately feels very different on HPI and Xray, the Xray tend to make the car more lazy not as agressive.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey paul just quick question . I was wondering if you had a chance to test the h-1 and h-2 roll center mounts. and what the advantage of them where??
have fun at reedy hope to hear from you soon.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Besercoe
Its been reported a number of times that the Xray guys are not allowed to comment on the HPI spring situation.

I believe that the Xray guys when filling out setup sheets have a code for the springs

2.6 = Blue
2.8 = Silver
etc

It was posted not long ago that they are actually measured as 1 rate lighter, being 2.4 = Blue 2.6 = Silver

The car definately feels very different on HPI and Xray, the Xray tend to make the car more lazy not as agressive.
part numbers?
Old 05-26-2010, 02:47 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by jammincrtjames
part numbers?
6542 is blue
6543 is silver
6548 is pink

all of these are probably use hpi in front of the number.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:33 AM
Tech Master

Congrats to Paul on winning the 2010 Reedy race

Paul, is it ok if i send you my car?? after watching the vidz, i want the same set-up

cheers

Ali
Old 05-31-2010, 06:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Big congratulations to you Paul on your 2010 Reedy Championship. Great job putting your XRAY T3 on the top of the podium. Now, please go help the European XRAY team in the ETS series.
-Randy and Ed
Old 05-31-2010, 06:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Congratulations Paul! Great final race at the 2010 Reedy. It was so cool to see you hung in there to take the win. Way to go! You are our hero

Keith and Jason.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Congratulations Paul on your win!!!

What tire sauce did you find that worked best for the Solaris tires??

Thanks,
Old 05-31-2010, 02:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TeamB&B
Big congratulations to you Paul on your 2010 Reedy Championship. Great job putting your XRAY T3 on the top of the podium. Now, please go help the European XRAY team in the ETS series.
-Randy and Ed
LOOL man what you said abut the ETS series is MEAN, but funny
Old 05-31-2010, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Congrats Paul. I see you're back in the game with vengence. How's the married life treating you?
Old 06-01-2010, 12:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Great job Paul! It's not every day someone takes down TRF
Old 06-01-2010, 03:03 AM
Tech Master

hey guys,

vid of the invitational Final.

see the man beat the WC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4-fHkl4mig

cheers

Ali
Old 06-01-2010, 07:26 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by Besercoe

2.6 = Blue
2.8 = Silver
etc

Hi, i did try the Hpi springs last week but did not stick with them, i used 2.8 ft springs and 2.6 rears, when i tried HPI springs i ran silver rear and pink front. i thought the same as you that the hpi's are more aggressive but i didnt really feel that, maybe they felt a bit nervous but they didnt steer better for me. I liked the xray's, thanks

Originally Posted by bigdadracing
hey paul just quick question . I was wondering if you had a chance to test the h-1 and h-2 roll center mounts. and what the advantage of them where??
have fun at reedy hope to hear from you soon.
Hi. Sorry i didnt test the H's i ran the L's in the rear and thought they were really stable compaired to the old standard ones.

Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO
Congrats to Paul on winning the 2010 Reedy race

Paul, is it ok if i send you my car?? after watching the vidz, i want the same set-up

cheers

Ali
Thanks Ali. send me your car, ill wear it out and send it back. LOL.
let me know if you need help with the set up.

Big congratulations to you Paul on your 2010 Reedy Championship. Great job putting your XRAY T3 on the top of the podium.
-Randy and Ed
Thanks guys.

Originally Posted by kghills
Congratulations Paul! Great final race at the 2010 Reedy. It was so cool to see you hung in there to take the win. Way to go! You are our hero

Keith and Jason.
Thanks, it was a battle. thats exactly what it was "hanging in their".

Originally Posted by Scott B
Congratulations Paul on your win!!!

What tire sauce did you find that worked best for the Solaris tires??

Thanks,
Thanks, I started off with my own mix of sauce, a thin penitrator then a tweak like sauce over the top, but when i was running low on it i switched to FX2 with my tweak over it. i dont really know which i liked better.

Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid
Congrats Paul. I see you're back in the game with vengence. How's the married life treating you?
things are going good when im at home, its a really busy year now and coming up, so its hard on Alise (wife) and chase BC she works part time and goes to school right now. but she rules and family helps when im gone, so chase is well taken care of.

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
Great job Paul! It's not every day someone takes down TRF
Thanks Korey. I just had a really good driving day, they were really good and Marc and Joho really did almost win. so it wasnt like i dominated at the end.
Marc is still the man in my book.

Last edited by Paul L; 06-01-2010 at 08:29 AM.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

-Randy and Ed
+1
Old 06-01-2010, 09:41 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Paul: what chassis did you run at the reedy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.