Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Can I give you a hug?
Old 09-15-2010, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Ko Race

Hi Paul,

Just wondering if your going to be able to make the KoPropo Race at westcoast raceway again ? It's Oct 2, and 3rd.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:02 AM
Tech Regular

Aright Paul. This is it, which one worked best for you ? Ivory, Leaver 2000, or Dial ? Very much appreciated
Old 09-16-2010, 03:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keven H
Aright Paul. This is it, which one worked best for you ? Ivory, Leaver 2000, or Dial ? Very much appreciated
I'm not Paul but here's my take....

Ivory- Too strong smelling and floats. (If I remember correctly as I don't fit in a bath tub) Boring graphics on it's outter paper cover.

Leaver 2000- My personal favorite but really depends on the scent the user decides to go with. Leaves you smelling so good that you don't even need deordorant (please don't test this theory) Comes in a cardboard box with decent graphics on the box. I may go shower right now just talking about Lever 2000

Dial- Is in the same boat as Zest and Irish Spring.....only buy it if it's on sale and even then it gets placed in the bathroom down stairs for over night guests as hand pump dispensers have replaced the usual bar of saop at the sink

The world is waiting for Paul's answer......will it be a BN response?????
Old 09-16-2010, 06:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST

Ivory- Too strong smelling and floats. (If I remember correctly as I don't fit in a bath tub) Boring graphics on it's outter paper cover.

Leaver 2000- My personal favorite but really depends on the scent the user decides to go with. Leaves you smelling so good that you don't even need deordorant (please don't test this theory) Comes in a cardboard box with decent graphics on the box. I may go shower right now just talking about Lever 2000

Dial- Is in the same boat as Zest and Irish Spring.....only buy it if it's on sale and even then it gets placed in the bathroom down stairs for over night guests as hand pump dispensers have replaced the usual bar of saop at the sink

Hellz yeah!!!
Old 09-17-2010, 09:20 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by kghills
Paul, thank you so much for the help you gave Jason and me at the IIC. I was once again impressed by your knowledge and willingness to help others. I hope Xray and Mr. Hudy are aware of the fine job you do not only racing, but helping others at the events you attend. I cannot even count the number of times I saw you put aside your own car to look at and help others with their cars. It is hard for me to imagine how you are able to do this given the level of competition you are involved in at this kind of event. And to watch you compete, in person, wow.

Thanks again, Keith and Jason.
Thanks for the kind words Kieth! you guys did great, The IIc track looks similar, but to drive it is like nothing Jason has ever run on, so he did really well. I hoped to fair a bit better but I crashed .

see ya soon.

Originally Posted by Cammer
Thanks again for your help at the IIC Paul. Both in Vegas and in Orlando you have helped make my week a more enjoyable experiance. All the drivers in the pits were talking about how you are the quintessential example of how a company representive should be at one of these events.

Cam
No problem, Im Glad i was able to help. i know how frustrating it can be at a big race when nothing seems to work like it does at home.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Paul, I can only add to the 2 above posts, your passion for the sport and support for the products you use are second to none. Thanks for all the help in the past as well as Vegas, even after the race hanging with us was priceless. Hope to see you again sson.
, It was fun. again Thanks.

Originally Posted by Kraig
Can I give you a hug?
NO!
lol

Originally Posted by King of B Main
Hi Paul,

Just wondering if your going to be able to make the KoPropo Race at westcoast raceway again ? It's Oct 2, and 3rd.
right now i am planning on it, but i have not made the plans yet.

Originally Posted by Keven H
Ivory, leaver, Dial??? never heared of them.

Originally Posted by STLNLST

Originally Posted by JayBee
Hellz yeah!!!
Still dont know anything of this "soap?" you speak of. OHHHHH i Got it!!,
As The World Turns is my favorite soap.

LOL.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I don't think Kraig will want to give you a hug after knowing you have no clue what soap is... LMAO.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:22 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hey Paul, good job at IIC this year. Too bad there wasn't triple A's, it looked like you had something for those guys if Marc would have just gotten out of your way.

I have a question about mod motors. When you're picking your gearing for a mod, do you gear it like you would a stock motor, where you gear it where it's at its outright fastest? I noticed with this 5.5 I've been messing with that if I gear it a couple of teeth lower than where it's very fastest, it's a lot easier to drive in the infield. So with mod, do you pick a wind that gives you the speed you want and then gear it so it's easiest to drive? It seems like on carpet, people range from 4.0 to 5.5. What is it you're looking for when switching from one low wind to another? Thanks!
Old 09-19-2010, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
I don't think Kraig will want to give you a hug after knowing you have no clue what soap is... LMAO.

Last edited by Kraig; 09-20-2010 at 10:06 AM.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:32 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Hey Paul, good job at IIC this year. Too bad there wasn't triple A's, it looked like you had something for those guys if Marc would have just gotten out of your way.

I have a question about mod motors. When you're picking your gearing for a mod, do you gear it like you would a stock motor, where you gear it where it's at its outright fastest? I noticed with this 5.5 I've been messing with that if I gear it a couple of teeth lower than where it's very fastest, it's a lot easier to drive in the infield. So with mod, do you pick a wind that gives you the speed you want and then gear it so it's easiest to drive? It seems like on carpet, people range from 4.0 to 5.5. What is it you're looking for when switching from one low wind to another? Thanks!
I like to run as high a gear as i can get away with, ill let my motors run around 200 if it dosent hurt it. the bigger gear just feels right to me. so basicly i run as high of a gear as i can without getting the motor too hot and hurting it.

Originally Posted by Kraig
that should pretty much wrap up this conversation. LOL

Last edited by Kraig; 09-20-2010 at 10:07 AM. Reason: edited for a reason.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

What up Paul, just got wind that your coming to mix it up at the Timezone GP. See you there!
Old 09-20-2010, 05:00 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
What up Paul, just got wind that your coming to mix it up at the Timezone GP. See you there!
yup, im pretty sure that i will be their!.

its been a while, glad your coming too.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Paul,

1. If you were only going to change camber links and roll centers at the arms, what combination would you move towards to increase rear traction off-power?

2. Do you feel there is such a thing as inducing too much roll via set up when trying to increase traction (short of traction rolling)?
Old 09-21-2010, 08:12 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Paul,

1. If you were only going to change camber links and roll centers at the arms, what combination would you move towards to increase rear traction off-power?

I would make the link longer from the tower, then i would make the link and arm paralell then add 1mm to the hub.

2. Do you feel there is such a thing as inducing too much roll via set up when trying to increase traction (short of traction rolling)?
yea, i have run on tracks before that are so slick that you need a stiffer spring, only so the spring pushes the tire to the serface harder and produces some kind of grip.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Paul what about high speed on power steering, like into the sweeper at the end of the straight my car struggles. Everywhere else my car works

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.