Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21
Paulie, is there any specific reason you are so magical?
Pringles Can... nuff said.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:25 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schreff
Pringles Can... nuff said.
you, him, or you AND him?
Old 02-03-2010, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

you, him, or you AND him?
Just him... LOL.

If you saw the magic happen, you'd be on the ground bowing to Paulie.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:34 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Just him... LOL.

If you saw the magic happen, you'd be on the ground bowing to Paulie.
I only bow to that dude eating a hot dog in your avatar!
Old 02-03-2010, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

I only bow to that dude eating a hot dog in your avatar!
It's a pork roll sammich for your information. All foods look small in his hands.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:37 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

damn picture gave me a case of the nom nom's!
Old 02-03-2010, 09:54 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by dougmartin
Hi Paul

With the Thunder power battery being a little short what do you do to stop it from sliding forward or backward in the T3. I tape my battery in and use the stock lipo battery holder's.

Thanks

That mod tc A-main was something to watch.....great battle with Jilles.
By the "Stock lipo battery holders" do you mean just the plastic tabs?.
I have been glueing my battery to a lopo plate with shoe goo, then its always on the plate and when i tape the whole thing in, it dose not moove atall. Xray has some really cool new lipo weights out so i am awaiting those to see.

Thanks!, paul

Originally Posted by rx7ttlm
Hey paul, what motor package are you running these days?
I dont have a motor sponsor. but at the birds i ran trinity motors.

Originally Posted by matt d
hey paul. do you need to have a balancer for a receiver pack. i just got a tp 350mah 2s and i cant get it to charge on my turbo 35 gfx. it starts and then goes right to [li top]. only puts in about 2mah.
No, you shouldnt need a balancer to charge a reciever pack, but im not really sure what is going wrong. as long as your charger has been iether updated for lipo or is the lipo version, it is set for 2cell, and adjust to the Mah, i dont know what could be going wrong.

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Tell me I read this wrong Hearing this is like finding out you were a stunt double in broke back mountain

BTW...what turn motor did you run in sedan at the snowbirds?
I wouldnt know, !I! never saw that movie.
Has anyone ever pondered this one, superman is to Clark Kent as Rue paul is to Clint. Think about it! Im checking his trunk for proof next time i see him.

Im sorry clint.

Originally Posted by Wonton
Paul

Couple questions

Do you use a fan and or heatsink on your motor and or esc.

Last year I met you at the Mephis Xray Challenge. If you remember it was a large asphalt parking lot track. Do you have a setup sheet for that track or something simular (asphalt) that can be downloaded?

also running a lrp x12 and KO PROPO VFS-1 IN T2 007 (inner drive ratio 1.7) can you give me a good final drive ratio to begin with?

Also does a 50c lipo make a huge difference over a 28c lipo?

Thanks

Anyone else with good info feel frre to help, I can use all I can get.
Originally Posted by rx7ttlm
Which one? Taylor Swift- The Way I Loved You? ROFLMAO
I Normally use LRP for mod and that speedo has a heat sink and fan, i dont run a fan or heat sink on my motors. with the KO and that motor i really have no clue about a gearing or anything. honestly i have not done much running atall with any of the new version speedo's as of yet so im not in the position to give away any advice on gearing unless its mod.

Im pretty sure that my car at the Memphis race was very close if not the same as my 09 reedy race set up. you should be able to find that on the Xray site still.

I think it totally depends on the manufacture of the battery and it would have to be evaluated per manufacture's 20,30,40,50c stuff.
In mod i really do notice the difference between the Thunderpower 40 and 50c, i dont think i would notice as big a difference atall if i were running 13.5.
for TP stuff i think it goes like this,
MOD(50c for sure) i think the extra power allows me to tune the power down more and accually helps with the speedo and motor temps some. in 10.5 and 13.5 is totally questionable, especially with the new speedo's. in 17.5 and 21.5 i would use the 40c.

Thanks
Old 02-03-2010, 10:03 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by matt d
yea im at .5 as well. its like it doesnt want to take a gharge . i did put a deans connector on it but that shouldnt matter. i even tried it on one of my dads chargers and it did the same thing. im almost thinking of doing that life thing and being done with it.
IDK, sounds weird to me. maybe its already charged.

Paulie, is there any specific reason you are so magical?
You really set me up on that one. I worry for my thread if schreff is hanging around. lol
Old 02-03-2010, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was

Sup Paulie,

It was cool to chill with you and shoot the s***, keep working on that jump shot. I will be hitting you up via email soon so be looking out, got some goals for this outdoor race season and the Birds next year and you gotta help me reach them, hold it down, holla atcha soon.

Rod
Old 02-03-2010, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Paul L
You really set me up on that one. I worry for my thread if schreff is hanging around. lol
I won't break your thread... LOL. But I can't guarantee anything when Bailey is around.

Tough luck at Birds man. I saw what happened and just another racing accident. I just hope, that next time, it's me battling with ya.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Thumbs up

[QUOTE=Paul L;6950768]By the "Stock lipo battery holders" do you mean just the plastic tabs?.
I have been glueing my battery to a lopo plate with shoe goo, then its always on the plate and when i tape the whole thing in, it dose not moove atall. Xray has some really cool new lipo weights out so i am awaiting those to see.

Thanks!, paul

Yes the plastic tabs. What lipo plate do you use Paul? I did hear that Xray was releasing some cool lipo weights...do you know when they will be released.

Thanks for the info
Old 02-03-2010, 05:59 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by RKeasler
Sup Paulie,

It was cool to chill with you and shoot the s***, keep working on that jump shot. I will be hitting you up via email soon so be looking out, got some goals for this outdoor race season and the Birds next year and you gotta help me reach them, hold it down, holla atcha soon.

Rod
It was fun, Thanks. let me know whats up. talk to you soon.

I won't break your thread... LOL. But I can't guarantee anything when Bailey is around.

Tough luck at Birds man. I saw what happened and just another racing accident. I just hope, that next time, it's me battling with ya.
LOL. no big deal, their is always a nother race. im sure youll be really fast.

[QUOTE=dougmartin;6951231]
By the "Stock lipo battery holders" do you mean just the plastic tabs?.

Thanks!, paul

Yes the plastic tabs. What lipo plate do you use Paul? I did hear that Xray was releasing some cool lipo weights...do you know when they will be released.

Thanks for the info
OK, i would find something to use as a spacer before you tape the battery in. im using the hyperdrive full weight plate right now (the thin one) but it is a bit too heavy. i was told that the Xray ones are really trick so we will see, i think they will be out really soon if not now.

no problem, Thanks. paul
Old 02-03-2010, 06:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Has anyone ever pondered this one, superman is to Clark Kent as Rue paul is to Clint. Think about it! Im checking his trunk for proof next time i see him.

Now thats some FUNN S#!T.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott B
Now thats some FUNN S#!T.

Groupie!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-04-2010, 05:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I wouldnt know, !I! never saw that movie.

Im sorry clint.

YOU BETTER WORK!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.