Search
Like Tree48Likes

Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 08:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamJammin!
Just wanted to clarify, were you stating that the scrt10 lower and upper arms will fit on the 10tt? if so, I'll order them along with the cnc upgrades and trash the 10tt pivot ball crap..
No..

I made a new bar that provides lots of akerman and clears the post, long before they brought out the 54mm one. As I had mentioned, making it longer will not completely work on either the Hyper 10 or the TT, it needs to have a bend in it....

In an effort to gain even more steering on our tight track, and looking at some of the other creative ways some have decided to try, I came up with a new one. Specifically, if you have already ground the diff case, and have as much steering as you can get, the issue is the steering link...I made a longer one that seperated the rack a little further apart, but for the rod not to hit the steering blocks themselves, you need to bend an angle in it as shown as well.....This puts each side about an 1/8th further away from the diff case allowing the ball end to travel further before hitting the diff case, which works, but you then run out of travel on the steering knuckles and have to grind clearance on those too...Bet I forget to do that when I crash and break one and have to replace it in a hurry!

Also, I drilled a hole in the servo saver and installed a set screw that keeps pressure on the wire link and removes all play from the linkage....Fixed it in less than 2min and didn't cost anything, enjoy! Now where did that set screw go for my pinion gear? NOTE: This is a set screw from the smaller 64p pinion gears, not normally in an off road truck spare parts bin....See below for more akerman mod.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:52 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MitchellY
I run mine with an 18T with a Novak 4.5T Ballisitic 550 motor. Plenty of torque, and speed!
With what battery?
Old 01-11-2011, 05:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

lighter rear diff fluid will give you more steering as well as adjusting your castor at a more vertical angle
Old 01-11-2011, 06:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamJammin!
I just recieved my replacement front knuckles, along with a spare set. Going to boil them to see if it helps at all.
I have not seen any replies from anyone stating that another vehicle's will work, so assuming there is nothing out there.
Does boiling them make them stronger? I had mine on the track for less than 3 minutes, the left side steering knuckle cracked, and the right front lower a arm cracked! This happened just going over jumps and not wrecking. Not impressed!! Once I get it fixed, I wonder what's going to break next!
Old 01-11-2011, 06:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Back when I have my savage some would say to boil but others said it made the parts flex more and not come back to the right shape. I never tried it so can't really say.
Where is everyone getting parts from? Is there any aftermarket support yet like RPM ect.?
Old 01-11-2011, 06:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeffrobmx
lighter rear diff fluid will give you more steering as well as adjusting your castor at a more vertical angle

I can attest to the diff fluid making the truck turn better. I ran my first race with the stock grease and the steering was so so. I couldn't really pull the truck around the corner with power and it would seem to slide wider going in to the corners off power. The second race I had changed to 5000 front and middle and 1000 (didn't have 2000) with a drop of 5000 in the rear. Man what a difference I the truck just handled so much better turned sharper had a ton more on power steering and didn't seem to push as much off power it was amazing what the fluid alone did.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by F11972
Does boiling them make them stronger? I had mine on the track for less than 3 minutes, the left side steering knuckle cracked, and the right front lower a arm cracked! This happened just going over jumps and not wrecking. Not impressed!! Once I get it fixed, I wonder what's going to break next!
Yes boiling the parts makes them a lot stronger. There are several people that race with me who have/had hyper 10SC/TTs and they have all told me to boil my stuff. As soon as I did I stopped breaking knuckles. I went through 2 set so knuckles before I decided to take their advice and boil them. So take mine and boil yours! You won't be disappointed. I have beat the crap out of my truck week after week and nothing has broken after boiling the arms and knuckles.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by justbeastit
Yes boiling the parts makes them a lot stronger. There are several people that race with me who have/had hyper 10SC/TTs and they have all told me to boil my stuff. As soon as I did I stopped breaking knuckles. I went through 2 set so knuckles before I decided to take their advice and boil them. So take mine and boil yours! You won't be disappointed. I have beat the crap out of my truck week after week and nothing has broken after boiling the arms and knuckles.
Thanks for the advice. How long did you boil them for?
Old 01-11-2011, 08:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the advice. How long did you boil them for?
30 minutes at a "rolling" boil. Make sure the temp is high enough where the parts don't sit on the bottom of the pot.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello, I'm new to the forum and this is my first post.
I ordered a hyper 10tt and would like the tips of you.
I plan on using a combo Velineon 3500 what do you think?
Sorry for the bad English but not speak very well
Old 01-11-2011, 04:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by justbeastit
Yes boiling the parts makes them a lot stronger.
I dont believe this to be true.....from what I've been reading anyways.
Boiling makes the parts more flexible to KEEP the parts from prematurely breaking. Makes sense to me anyways.....
Old 01-11-2011, 04:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Yosh70
I dont believe this to be true.....from what I've been reading anyways.
Boiling makes the parts more flexible to KEEP the parts from prematurely breaking. Makes sense to me anyways.....
Yes you are right, boiling them makes them more flexible. Therefore when you crash, you will flex instead of snapping. By "stronger" this is what I meant. I didn't mean to imply any sort of space age molecular tempering of the parts.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:21 PM
Tech Addict

I'm sorry, but I do't think their is truck out on the market today that is just going to go and break just rolling over jumps.

The steering knuckles don't break from wrecking. You can take some crazy, chassis breaking wrecks and the steering knuckles will hold up. It's hard to explain unless I have your truck directly in front of me, but they crack mostly because the wheel gets pulled backwards too far and basically pulls it out the socket. So somethings gotta give. They don't like to have all the weight of the truck basically being put right their. As in landing directly on the RF or LF wheel. Also lodging it up against a pipe too hard will do it.

I do't have a Hyper 10TT but the Hyper 10SC uses the exact same steering knuckles. I've broken three steering knuckles. All three came from direct hits to the wheel which would cause it to come "out of socket." First one was landing RF first into a wall. All the weight on that wheel. Second one was landing directly on the RF again after a double. This one was so hard it even lodged the truck backwards. Again from all the weight on that wheel. The final one came from coming down a straight and the LF clipping the wall. This again from too much weight onto that wheel and pulling it backwards too far and basically out of socket.

Also, check CVD's after you break one. They could be bent. 2 out of 3 of my CVD's ended up being bent afterwards. They can "easily" be straightened back out though via a hammer actually. lol. They will look good as new and shouldn't bend again unless you again pull that wheel backwards too far.

Basically the steering knuckles will hold up just fine in crazy, chassis breaking, 15 cart wheel accidents. They just don't like to be pulled too far backwards.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Guys let try this and see if this works Tim Bump said to put a couple mm of shimming to limit the up travel and see if that works. I've beat mine down and have only broke one and that was an 1/8th buggy hit. But we went to Revelation last Saturday and had two other people drive it and didn't break. And I went after the triple and landed the table top over and over. I was more worried about mt fan breaking than the arm or knuckles. No boiling but it is a good pc of mind to do it. I have done or Hyper 1/8th wings and they are more flexible upon impact.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -R2-
Guys let try this and see if this works Tim Bump said to put a couple mm of shimming to limit the up travel and see if that works. .
you talking about the axles? shimming the cups?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.