Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sportpak
Thanks for the info. Mercon 3 sound good?
Perfect.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Does anyone know if it's possible to replace the one-way bearings in a one-way? I posted the other day that I had it sticking on one side. Well, when I pulled it apart to clean it, a few of the rollers came out. Basically the bearing broke. So now I would like to replace the bearing if I could. I only ran the thing two race days, I really don't want to have to buy a whole unit. If I can't replace the bearing, can I just buy the housing that has the the two one-way bearings installed?
Old 12-05-2007, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I don't believe that you can replace the bearing or just the tube. But I have had the rollers come out before and put them back in no problem.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

That sucks. I'll try putting them back in.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:19 AM
JCB
Tech Addict

Hey Guys,

Thinking of getting into this car... just curious as to when the production car was release? Would hate to buy it if something newer was coming out for 2008.

thank in advance,
Old 12-06-2007, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Juan, the car just came out in March. I don't think another new car will be coming out for a little while.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:57 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I'd be happy to see a sign that development on competitive racing sedans is ongoing within Losi. I'm hopeful that's the case, anyway.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

At this point I dont think we have reached the limits of this car. For example. At the last 2 "Big" races fast laps of the weekend were turned by the losi car in multiple classes. IIC about the top 10 fast laps in 19 turn were turned by losi cars, and in stock there were only 4 cars that turned 10.9s, 2 were losi's. At Cleveland Schreff turned the fastest laps in 19 turn and I turned some very fast laps also. In stock I had the fastest lap of the weekend eventhough I blew out shortly after.

Losi cars have had a chance to win both of those classes at both races, bad luck and good competition are the only thing holding this car back from its first big win.
Dumas is always top 5 in mod and would of probably Tqed the IIC if he wasn't held up by traffic.

As far as I can see there is little that you could change on this car to make it better. There are plenty of cookie cutter cars on the market. This is the newest design of all the touring cars. Any suggestions on changes that could help the handing of this car would be taken into consideration, I just dont have any at this point. I still think we are making it faster every race with what we have.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:41 AM
Tech Lord

Larry,

That's very good to hear. I have noticed the Losi cars always seem to have the fastest laps, which is encouraging. It sounds like you guys are working on refining the existing car to get the most out of it rather than moving on to something new immediately, like we see with many other companies.

Do you think the car would benefit at all from increased flex on rubber tires? I mean for club racing where the traction is modest, especially on spec tires. I've found the car a little harder to get stuck than others in the past that weren't so rigid. A lot of people using the car have very modest setup knowledge, myself included, so having a car that's easier to make drivable can be beneficial to the layman. The trend for rubber cars seems to be to soften them up, but the R is so different, I don't really know if you can carry those trends over or not.

Now that I've used the car for a while, I have very few gripes, and really do love it on foam tires. It's been a little tricky on rubber, but does much better when there's a little bit of traction. About the only thing I've had trouble with, is that the bones seem to bend much more easily than I'm used to. I know, quit hitting things... Also, the car seems to have developed some excessive slop, but parts are so cheap, $20 in plastic parts would resolve that entirely.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

I have never liked to rely on fake flex traction on rubber tires. I have raced this car on rubber/asphalt many times and its always the best car on the track. I like to rely on suspension to do what its supposed to do. Formula 1 and nascar cars dont put a more flexible chassis on their cars on a lower bite track. I also dont think the car is overly rigid either. I think its a good mix of both.

Once we found a good setup for carpet it has worked everywhere we have gone. I ran the EXACT same setup at the IIC and Cleveland and they were much different layouts and different traction compounds.

I have not ever bent a dogbone on this car, nor have I ever seen one bend. I hit alot of stuff really hard and haven't seen it and now we have a lot of Losis running in the area. So I dont know what to tell you about that situation.

The slop is a little more noticable in this car than some other but parts are much cheaper and the slop is easily shimmed out. I carry a bunch of motor shims with me and the slop goes away.

As for rubber tire setups, I will be starting to run rubbers in prep for the birds starting next week and will have something solid hopefully soon. But I have driven a few on rubber tires on carpet and the car was good without much tinkering at all. I think I will be able to make this the best car I have driven on rubber carpet in no time.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:02 AM
Tech Lord

I'll have to reexamine the dogbone thing, then, I must being doing something wrong. I can't remember the last time I broke something on the car, but have bent bones pretty easily. We use wooden boards with narrow lanes, so it's not unheard of to smack a board with the side of the car if you push out a little bit. Maybe that's what's doing it. It certainly beats the hell out of hub bearings when that happens.

Anyway, thanks for the answers. I look forward to seeing how you guys do with the car on rubber tires at the 'birds.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace

Once we found a good setup for carpet it has worked everywhere we have gone. I ran the EXACT same setup at the IIC and Cleveland and they were much different layouts and different traction compounds.

I heard from Mike Haynes and Jason Schreffler say the same thing over the weekend at our last Trophy Race about there set-ups being real good everywhere they go..... I use the same set-up they use and run it at all the Northeast indoor tracks and find the car to be very easy to drive, with great rotation and plenty of steering......I find more people in my area switching to losi this winter.

The car is simply amazing on carpet and fun to drive on asphalt too.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:13 AM
Tech Lord

Is the magic setup you guys are using for foams online somewhere? Is it the one on the Losi site that Dumas used at IIC?
Old 12-06-2007, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It is on the Losi site under Schreffler.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:29 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by rcracingkid
It is on the Losi site under Schreffler.
What an awful place for it! :-D

Thanks guys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.